Non-Psychoactive Cannabinoid Protects Against Alcohol-Induced Liver Damage

The General

China - The administration of the non-psychotropic cannabinoid cannabidiol (CBD) protects the liver from damage caused by alcohol consumption, according to preclinical data published online in the journal Free Radical Biology and Medicine. Investigators from China and the US assessed whether cannabidiol administration can protect against alcohol-induced steatosis (excessive fat build up in the liver).

They reported, "Cannabidiol protects mouse liver from acute alcohol-induced steatosis through multiple mechanisms including attenuation of alcohol-mediated oxidative stress ... and increasing autophagy (degradation of dysfunctional cells)." Separate investigations of CBD, primarily in animal models, have documented the cannabinoid to possess a variety of therapeutic qualities, including anti-inflammatory, anti-diabetic, anti-epileptic, anti-cancer, anti-psychotic, and bone-stimulating properties. Human trials assessing the administration of CBD in healthy subjects report the compound to be "safe and well-tolerated."

Cannabis_plant_2.jpg

News Moderator - The General @ 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: Norml.org
Author: News Releases
Website: Non-Psychoactive Cannabinoid Protects Against Alcohol-Induced Liver Damage

Thanks General, CBD is what will hopefully help get medical cannabis legalized here in Florida. When that happens, who knows, maybe we will be able to grow legally here too.

One more reason to grow accessions of 'hemp' varietals. Though in the country of Liechtenstein, the government regulators have banned cows from munching on feral hemp leaves...due to the fear of 'CBD' getting into the nation's milk supply. Which evidently is a GOOD thing. Especially in America where we have WHOLE STATES full of drunks!

this definitely was a question I gave personally pondered...
Thc does make me briefly anxious and ridiculously hungry. but my benefits completely outweigh the damage to the fridge.
This is incredible news, the bias towards our beloved plant is completely propaganda and I hope it will stop.
Thanks for the note hempaz... that was funny!
Thank you as well 420!

Are there strains of MMJ which are very high in both CBD and THC? Sometimes I only need high CBD, as we all know, for pain. Then, there are other times when my PTSD or anxiety may need to be treated and where others would get couch lock, I normalize with a nice mellow head. I haven't used pot in 30 years. I started to try it for medical reasons last November and can not believe how much relief it gives me. EVEN if it is only in my head and because I feel mellow I don't CARE about the pain. Either way, it is heaven sent.

there are excellent genetics out there fairy!
for myself, haze variety allows pain relief with low anxiety... then theres indica dominate big bud for sleep or couch lock as you put it.
the haze slows the pain (spine damage in my case) but allows me to work competantly. im still well aware of the damage I have in my back so unlike presciption pain kilkers I dont think im superman.
a heaven sent is absolutely correct.
the investment in strains is well worth it, but of course as the commercial guys get underway choices for your personal needs shoud get easier and easier :)

Back
Top Bottom