Noob’s First One: 2x2, 125W QB, Coco

Marsella

Hi guyz !

Im very new and this will be my first experience as a grower so all your advices are well welcome, English isn’t my language but I’ll try to do my best (I’m also new to us/uk forums so I’m trying to learn your words for growing !).

« Sadly » i have to go on hollidays in a month or two (After all this quarantine time at home ...) but finally i decided to launch some unknown seeds to have a first try to learn basics of growing and ill also know my tent environment :)

So 2,5 days ago i put those seeds in tissue humidified with tap water and then in a Tupperware and in the dark box.

Today i prepared my 0,5L pots with coco pro + from CANNA and some perlite but because this is a test im gonna try 4 pots with differents ratios COCO/PERLITE : 100/0 , 90/10 , 80/20 and finally 70/30 ... LET’S EXPERIMENT BROS ;) AND BTW IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS TO TRY THAT I COULD TRY FOR YOU TELL ME THIS IS A GROW EXPERIMENTAL VERSION :)

So tomorrow ill put in the seedlings and begin with CANNA COCO diary (i ordered ph and ec meters but delivery has some late so i wont have them until Wednesday ... should i better wait for those PH/EC meters or can i go straight with my tap water for this first feeding which should be done with my tap water so EC 0,5 and PH 7,4 — 7,9 according to city infos ?
Knowing that seed have already sprouted this morning (Only 2mm max root).

Thanks a lot for reading me and here are some pic’s

Peace !

PS : special greetings to @Cultivator you helped a lot mate and im only about page 40 haha any noob coco like me should take a look btw real Bible here haha How to grow in Coco: Feed schedule

B8C8C16E-D18C-4A18-BB41-CC39299308A1.jpegCANNA COCO
48896CF0-A8A9-43BF-AA71-AA6D48FFE845.jpeg
9C641E1D-2D47-42A0-9A72-3280CB3E6BE0.jpeg

Environnement without any light =
# 24-25,5°C temperature
# 24-35% humidity

Ps : the 0,5L pots have been filled with coco/perlite AND I’ve put tap water until begin run off AND then place them into the tent so the pots will be to the correct temperature ... does that make sense ? I was thinking about then placing TOMORROW the sprouted seeds and then immediately feed with nuts or maybe no feed if the pots are still full of the tap water (that I’ve put today if you can follow me haha)

Nice setup, I do hydro also but it’s Flood&drain and dwc. I’ll follow plus I’m going to see if @Backlipslide is on line . I haven’t tried to grow in coco yet and will be glad to watch another coco grow with you !

Thanks bro ! Nice I’ve considered about going nft F&D or DWC but im a very bad handyman haha and I guess a first experience such as coco is the closest and most accessible :) I’ve checked out your grow journals ... WOW but I think I understand your secret trick ... you don’t just do DWC ... you also had the fishes you fished and go DWC aquaponics !!! Hahaha
Anyway I hope you understood I’ve never grown anything and because I will have to leave for maybe more than a week the run shouldn’t go to flowering ... but once ill be back I’ll do a very good growjournal (maybe until flower comes haha) with the 3 Northern Light I have waiting for the future « « real run » which should start in 2-3 max months :)

It’s setup that when you reply or anyone else it will alert me ! If your elsewhere and want to tag someone on the form just put the @West Hippie . When you get deeper into the journal you’ll see I like rosin since I can’t smoke copd cigarettes did me in .

@West Hippie Oh sorry to hear that bro ... rosin looks soooo goood but i never tried because I’ve never seen any :’( Anyway I’ll double check that !

@Backlipslide Yo and welcome bro ! I hope this experimentational journal wont be a mess haha

Anyway today I’ve put about 5-6 seeds in 3 pots of 0,5L and all with same amount of perlite (i was so stone when doing it haha maybe 85,5/14,5 COCO/PERLITE !

BUT BIG PROBLEM i tried out temperature with LED on ... in 1 hours we go from 25°C to ... 35°C ...

I have not time today to double check that but maybe upgrade interaction from 100Ø to 125Ø

Photos later if i can brooos or tomorrow for sure !!

@West Hippie Oh sorry to hear that bro ... rosin looks soooo goood but i never tried because I’ve never seen any :’( Anyway I’ll double check that !

@Backlipslide Yo and welcome bro ! I hope this experimentational journal wont be a mess haha

Anyway today I’ve put about 5-6 seeds in 3 pots of 0,5L and all with same amount of perlite (i was so stone when doing it haha maybe 85,5/14,5 COCO/PERLITE !

BUT BIG PROBLEM i tried out temperature with LED on ... in 1 hours we go from 25°C to ... 35°C ...

I have not time today to double check that but maybe upgrade interaction from 100Ø to 125Ø

Photos later if i can brooos or tomorrow for sure !!
Can you take tha ballast off and put it outside the tent ? What type exhaust fan? Do you have a fan in the tent for circulation?

When mixing perlite into coco, it’s recommended to have about 70 coco 30% perlite. Some say coco doesn’t need any perlite at all as it has such great drainage components. I say if you’ve got it, might as well use it. I knew a guy that would grow in straight coco but have about a 2 inch layer of washed gravel on the bottom of the pot to minimize roots from sitting in water... he swears by it, but I’ve never tried it.

@West Hippie Sadly i can’t since i bought it premounted (i told you bro im not handyman at all haha) BUT still no test with the inside fans which should arrive today ! Second point is temperature have risen since a few days and my room where the tent is, is hot as well so i ordered a dyson fan ... it hurted me but I’ll do anything for my future little gurls (and my wife is indeed happy too !).
My exhaust fan is a PK 220-420 (you van check it in my ... 3rd post ;) )
So i think i still have an extra 2 days before plants show their faces, hope the fans will do the job inside the tent, if not ill change interaction from 100mm to 125mm, and maybe then upgrade the end of my exhaust fan from 125mm to 150mm what do you think about that bro ?

@Backlipslide Indeed bro i understood some believe in perlite and others hate it haha but anyway what I’m gonna do when 1st transplant into about 3,5L, sorry cant remember but 3 or 4L max and then it will go to 11L = about 8-10 weeks with 3-4 mainliming - SCROG = GO ? :), so when 1st transplant i may try as i said 1 full coco, 1 80/20 perlite, 1 70/30 and one just for you bro so only coco but FUULL 2 inch of perlite in the bottom right ?! ;)

Seeya soooon bros :)
561979CA-8AEB-410A-8706-27D78032B1B7.jpeg
DEC94C02-B94C-41F8-A8BB-8F31A247858E.jpeg

I’ll try it anyway i guess if i remember to do it at the instant haha ;)

Ok brooos i just got my ph/ec just delivered ! Yay here are my water test after calibrating them, the sweater didn’t « sit » for any time, just pulled it and tested right after.

NEW PROBLEM the ec meter I’ve got hasn’t any « calculator » in the notice, so which conversion do you think i should use ? Knowing that here are my city water infos : PH 7,5-7,9 and EC 0,5 (if i understood well the infos I’ve found ...) then i may prefer to stick to Hanna’s ratio, since my city infos are EC 0,5 and my results give me 261 ppm right ? Ive posted lectures and the ratios just under this bros :)

8D3E0016-EC2F-425D-9980-5841CD9ACB21.jpeg
C7595853-A442-4F40-A14E-09EBE38124F5.jpeg
4C16CC65-AA89-42E3-A3C8-E37E215A74CB.jpeg
CFD16B73-9C23-422E-B871-1ADC47E931B5.jpeg

Ps : please tell me if im wrong putting « FUULL SIZE » images :lot-o-toke:

I like full size images when you open the page it stands out especially when the Bud pics start coming! Mine is Hanna scale and sure yours is also . Wished my tap water was that low I’ve seen more than 400 ppm .

So I’ve put about idk 6-10 unknown seeds into 3 pots of 0,5L, yeah i know sounds crazy but yes i am and if some doesn’t show up then it will be easier no time to loose haha
So only 2 from the same pot showed their little heads ! Since i cant use my led for the moment because of the temperature issue, I’ve putted them under a shitty light led to read hahaha
The pots are still +80% of their weight so changed with the tape water i filled them before to put the seeds in with quasi no run off (stopped at soon as run off appeared)
19DF2180-71EA-4EA9-A2EA-DED6185AE9B4.jpeg

@West Hippie Ok bro thanks for confirmation Hanna scale you rock ! :)
Wooow so about 0.8 EC haha do you use any RO or how do you manage that ?
In a few days im gonna try to feed for first time, just waiting for my 10ML « pipette » to be delivered :snowboating:

So I’ve put about idk 6-10 unknown seeds into 3 pots of 0,5L, yeah i know sounds crazy but yes i am and if some doesn’t show up then it will be easier no time to loose haha
So only 2 from the same pot showed their little heads ! Since i cant use my led for the moment because of the temperature issue, I’ve putted them under a shitty light led to read hahaha
The pots are still +80% of their weight so changed with the tape water i filled them before to put the seeds in with quasi no run off (stopped at soon as run off appeared)
19DF2180-71EA-4EA9-A2EA-DED6185AE9B4.jpeg
I like cfl for seedlings.
@West Hippie Ok bro thanks for confirmation Hanna scale you rock ! :)
Wooow so about 0.8 EC haha do you use any RO or how do you manage that ?
In a few days im gonna try to feed for first time, just waiting for my 10ML « pipette » to be delivered :snowboating:
Yes to the ro , lm in hydro with cheap nutrients!

Hey guys !

SO today im doing a new LED test, temperature used to rise from 26°C to 31°C without inside fan, today im gonna receive some new stuff and will try some changing !
One seed from a second pot popped out, looking less healthy but maybe just waiting for some light, Ive put her with her 2 sisters from the same pot, about them, the 2 are looking pretty good, i may wait and if the 3rd pot doesn’t show any spouting seed, then i may take one of the 2 sisters from the 1st pot to transplant her into the 3rd pot (if nothing sprouted of the 3rd hope you follow me haha).

Still no feeding until pots are at least 1/4 their weight i think before « feeding » them first time with nuts, because the only first water given was with only tap water (non ph or ec checked because i had no meters) the day before i put seeds inside :)

Family pic

7BEDF9F5-F2D1-4B4E-8F79-E016D44F76D5.jpeg
07BD963F-B812-4E04-8AD2-8C2AF98A452A.jpeg

Ok bros so Amazon passed alllll good ! Still have temperature issues but its now not time yet to fix it by upgrading interaction from 100mm to 125mm, im also gonna do that if you agree because my tent has a big compression effect because for the depression so i guess its because off 100mm in and 125mm out, to fight that i « scrog » my own tent haha by zipptying it all around ... maybe ill change it with pvc ... any advices ? :) You can see that in pic bellow the 3 yellow circle !
Also had the fan, pointing to the LED. I also checked all light leaks of my tent, checked !

Ill do some new tests tomorrow for the temperature !

Thé 2 twins and their other sister are doing great but today .... they are now triplet hahaha what should i do next ? Only keep one or try to cut into 2 or 3 pieces to save all or kill only one ? Already born and already in bad position im the worst father ...

Peace bros !
A7B6714C-B283-4311-828C-C82FF50EC098.jpeg
6427E163-522C-4B9E-809A-1E7CF364FA39.jpeg
8365B881-A647-45A3-A45C-2ABCFB7C8D7A.jpeg

Attachments

• 34B2B731-AD3D-41B5-A96A-80C85D299FFD.jpeg
    34B2B731-AD3D-41B5-A96A-80C85D299FFD.jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 125
Back
Top Bottom