Noob - 400 Watt HPS - Blue Dream - Soil - Grow

noob1457

Hello all,

this is my 3rd attempt at growing cannabis. One of these finished grows are outdoor (which hermied a bit but quality was excellent as well as yield for only water no nutrients). The other grow was a complete failure, I was running a light dep greenhouse with an 1000 watt hps (very small 5by5by8), and that failed as the growth stunted in like week 3 of flower while I was away on vacation with everything on timers. I have just moved into a new apartment and it had a relatively big closet that I could actually fit a tent into! Here is my setup:

Strain - BLUE DREAM
# of Plants - 4
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Vegetative
Light - 400 Watt HPS
Nutrients - General Hydroponics Biothrive
RH - 50% to 57%
Room Temperature -70 to 79
Pests - None

These are Darkheart Nursery Clones from the Bay Area, a well regarded local producer. When these were bought from the dispensary the clones they had were sitting under t5s in their back room for a week so I knew the roots had to be developed by then. I brought em home in about an hour and transplanted into 2gal container with BLACK GOLD soil and placed them under 400watt hps about 2ft from canopy. Watered maybe .5 cup each with 6.5 ph water no nutrients. Obviously by the looks of em they are going through transplant shock or maybe overwatering? lol I am pretty sure they will recover and shoot back up but I am wondering how long they will be stunted for because I want to scrog and keep this canopy pretty even so I can keep my lights close during flower.

PLANTS_WILTED.png
GROW_TENT.png

Update on the blue dream two weeks veg from clone now. I was going to try to bend them over and stake them down to try and do a little lst to try and promote bushiness. Any suggestions here? I am trying to bush out these 4 blue dream clones into a SCROG type net and would love some info from blue dream growers. I know that it will stretch substantially and would like to know how long into the switch to 12/12 I can expect it to stretch. I am thinking roughly 2.5-3 times the size of what I put it into veg it will turn out to be?

COMMENTS/SUGGESTIONS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!:high-five:

lsteeee.jpg
lsted.jpg
16769.jpg
lst64.jpg
bent_the_moost1.jpg

10.28 Update

Trying to bush them out not seeing a huge amount of outward growth but canopy is staying pretty even.

10_288.jpg
10_287.jpg
10_286.jpg
10_285.jpg
10_284.jpg
10_283.jpg
10_281.jpg
10_28.jpg

10.31.16 Veg Update

Transplanted to 3 gal airpots. Watered with superthrive and didnt see any obvious transplant shock. Bought a ppm meter to test my water and straight out of the tap it is only like 130ppms or less. I fed the plants today with light doses of Grow and Micro by Emerald Harvest hoping to sort out whatever deficiency or lockout (dont know if this helps though) with my plants, one in paticular has some yellowing.
10_315.jpg
10_314.jpg
10_313.jpg
10_312.jpg
10_311.jpg

11.3.16 Veg Update

Installed a pvc scrog screen today since the girls are getting bigger. Wondering if I may have installed too high? can easily adjust height. got lazy and bought a premade trellis netting from the hydro store to use as my scrog net. Thinking I will switch in about 10 days. Fed 3 days ago and 3 out of 4 plants are looking great. Unfortunately, the photos have these yellow tints that make the colors horrible and impossible to really show you guys how they look. My tallest one is yellow all over but continuing to grow just as fast as the others. Should I continue to feed that paticular one every watering? Let me know what you guys think!

11_38.jpg
11_37.jpg
11_36.jpg
11_35.jpg
11_34.jpg
11_33.jpg
11_32.jpg
11_311.jpg

Back left corner is the sick one! Clamps are holding the legs of scrog net to the tents pvc for added strength!

That should work. :thumb:
I buy a lot of pipe cleaners and use them to tie limbs down to the screen.
Not sure what to say about the yellow plant. They all look yellow :)
To make photos possible in my grow I ought some hps sunglasses. They make the lighting look normals and I use them as a camera filter for all my flowering room journal pictures. They also save my eyes and help a lot to be able to see how the plants actually look. I wrote a review of them somewhere. I think it's at the beginning of my first journal, have bought a couple other versions since.

Re the screen- it will serve. As long as it gives you something to tie to and isn't too floppy then it will do the job. Next time around you'll know your preferences better.
As long as you feel you have enough room to work under the screen then you can lower it however much you want. Otherwise just wait and the plants will grow up higher.

I just ziptied every square of the netting to the pvc and its pretty tight now, feeling like smaller mesh might be nice.. I accidently hit the report button on your post in mobile mode I have no clue what the symbols are. Do you think I could switch to flower in give or take 10 days?

Yeah ten days should be fine. Really - the first few times doing anything is a learning experience. You can't get it perfect, but you probably won't go too far wrong and the next times you'll adjust things depending how you like them.

Yes I have a pair of theirs. It's my third favourite of the three I have, after the Active-eye ones. My favourite was by Lumiii for slightly more realistic color tint when I use them, but the differences are small. All three pairs that i have do the job just fine.

11.18.16 update

About 10 days into flower now. Trimmed a bunch of the undersides going to do it again in a week. Already smells great and can see clear flowers forming. I am hoping that this is not too crowded and wont get any pm or other problems.

20161117_171919.jpg
20161117_171856.jpg
11_183.jpg
11_182.jpg
11_18.jpg

Looks good. Keep laying down anything that sticks up too much. Lay the limb tips horizontal. By the time flowering is well started they become stiff and uncooperative and won't let themselves be arranged so easily.
Once the plant is done stretching I go in and remove all growth below the screen.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom