Noob Asks "What is This Growth on My Plant?"

mellowmama

Ok, first cannabis grow and we're both frickin clueless. Frankly, I've never even seen cannabis in person until now, so I don't know what I'm looking at, and Sweetie has only seen it in the wild.

Background: Started 10 Medijuana seeds that had been frozen for over two years, 9 germinated, but long story short, ended up with only two females from four viable seedlings. Made some mistakes along the way, didn't have the lights close enough at first in veg stage, had trouble with PH, clueless about that PPM stuff, just followed the directions on the nutes kit. Using a turnkey grow hydroponic closet under 600 HPS bulb. Moved to flowering on May 20.

Turns out Medijuana is a great plant for small spaces, very compact, oodles of buds, looks gorgeous, smells delicious, just covered in frosty whiteness! Just noticed yesterday a couple of funny little round growths, smooth with no trichomes, on just one cola. My camera isn't good enough to get a really great close up, but I did my best and photoshopped the image below to compensate for the yellow light and to enlarge.

It's roundish, seems to be scored into four sections. Is that a dang seed thingy? A male part? Nothing to worry about?

Any help appreciated!

Medijuana.jpg

Hi mellowmama, I am not 100% sure but i think it may just be a 'calyx' which is a small pod where pistils or the hairs come out from, is there 2 hairs extruding from it?Im not sure if its a ' Banana pod'.. I doubt its a seed pod, unless she's hermi?? Have a look at my bud, it had similar growths i think, but mine is female.
now31.jpg
Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;):thumb:

No, no hairs so far, just looks scored into four sections, like a little green dinner roll.

What's a "Banana Pod"?

HellifIknow what a seed on a plant looks or feels like!! Having said that, it's not exactly the shape and size of any bag seed I've seen, nor planted. It's a little larger and squatter, not as round.

Worst case, we'll just watch it and see what it turns into, if anything. Still going to bring both plants to harvest, just really want to know what it is!

Do you see any balls where the pistols are? maybe its a hermie and it could be a seed, but you would have to wait and see. Ive never encounter anything like that, a seed in a bud is like a seed you grew it in so its all on you

I fear she's a hermie, but from what I've read I was expecting signs of it earlier. Oh well...

Got so much to learn!

Back
Top Bottom