Noob grower with yet another carbon filter and inline fan question for ya

Doobzilla X

Good evening all!

I am about to switch the lights over on my ladies and start my 12/12 flower. I purchased an inline fan and filter combo from Ventech to deal with hot air from my MarsHydro LEDs. The tent with both lights on jumps to 90F really easy and humidity climbs too. I want this setup to pull the hot, funky air through the filter and out into the room. I am hoping I can do this without running stuff outside since I'm in a basement and not really near any window. I can open my door and run fans in the room too. My question

1)Can I run inline fan>carbon filter just above my lights and then some ducting to force the air out of the tent? Or should that be Carbon filter to inline fan and ducting to the tent opening.

2)Can I push the scrubbed air out through the filter and let it out in the room? I would rather do that if possible.

I have screened vents below and am using a Honeywell and smaller clip fan right now for air circulation. My apologies if I missed some info but I will post pics as soon as I can. Thanks in advance.:Namaste:

It would be optimal to have the carbon filter, ducting and then the fan as close to the air exit as possibly. Fans like to pull rather than push air.

Your air needs to exit either the filter or the other end with the fan. All that needs to be connected. If you just put the filter and fan connected above your light but some random non-connected ducting as an exhaust of the grow area you will be exhausting stinky air.

Yes, you can push the scrubbed air out into the room, but remember it will bring heat with it.

It would be optimal to have the carbon filter, ducting and then the fan as close to the air exit as possibly. Fans like to pull rather than push air.

Your air needs to exit either the filter or the other end with the fan. All that needs to be connected. If you just put the filter and fan connected above your light but some random non-connected ducting as an exhaust of the grow area you will be exhausting stinky air.

Yes, you can push the scrubbed air out into the room, but remember it will bring heat with it.

Thanks JuanCarlos, so Filter>Fan>Exit would be the way to go? I only need something connected to the exit to lead the air out would a small piece of ducting connecting the fan to the exit be okay? As far as the heat goes I can deal with that better outside of the tent as long as the air comes out clean. Thanks again for the reply!

It's best to connect the filter directly to the suction side of the fan. Run your ducting from the blowing side to your exhaust hole. Of course filter needs to be inside tent to be effective.

Thanks for relying zBRICKz. I will post some pics before I get started. I just need a small piece of ducting to run from the fan right out to the exit so I think I have everything I need! Yes I planned on filter and fan on inside and a small exit piece of duct running from the fan out of the tent. Sounds right?

You got it. Just slap the filter on the fan's suction side, short run to exit the tent and you are good. Do place the filter as high up in the tent as you can since that's where the hot air is. You can actually place the fan outside the tent if you want, as long as the carbon filter is in the tent and your ducting and tent is sealed.

Back
Top Bottom