Noob here with a lighting issue

:welcome: to :420: @LeftyJustAintRight

A lot of lights use proprietary parts, what may be rated for dimming on one fixture, may not the same on the other, it may be as easy as different amperage at the level of dimness...in other words you can't use different brands and expect them to work properly, eg...sockets, wire harness, ballasts, and sometimes bulbs ...hope that helps

I've heard tell of some dimmable,, e something ballasts that don't play well with some bulbs..... I've been running Galaxy Dimmable 1000's when I run 1000 Watters,,, and I buy the cheapest bulb I can get,,, only lasts a year/16 months, solid really..

Till you figgure it all out,,, temps are low. Use the magnetic,, unless heat issues...If your making repeatedly 'hot starts' with your bulb to get her to fire,,, your really damaging that bulb... Which is a top-end lamp... Better off running the overweighted bitches.. Have to say this,,, I still have 2 1000 watt magnetics, that are 25+ years old and will fire anything.... They even light my 1500 watt bulbs,, not to full but my stupid ass forgot to switch lamps for 2 days before it sunk in.... Might better to listen to someone else?

I don't see a link? Help to know where ya stand in growth... You may need a 'new' ballast,, or 'new' bulb.. To me it's odd that a 1000 watt ballast dim at full speed can't fire a 1000 watt lamp?

But like said........

GL and Keepem Green

I've heard tell of some dimmable,, e something ballasts that don't play well with some bulbs..... I've been running Galaxy Dimmable 1000's when I run 1000 Watters,,, and I buy the cheapest bulb I can get,,, only lasts a year/16 months, solid really..

Till you figgure it all out,,, temps are low. Use the magnetic,, unless heat issues...If your making repeatedly 'hot starts' with your bulb to get her to fire,,, your really damaging that bulb... Which is a top-end lamp... Better off running the overweighted bitches.. Have to say this,,, I still have 2 1000 watt magnetics, that are 25+ years old and will fire anything.... They even light my 1500 watt bulbs,, not to full but my stupid ass forgot to switch lamps for 2 days before it sunk in.... Might better to listen to someone else?

I don't see a link? Help to know where ya stand in growth... You may need a 'new' ballast,, or 'new' bulb.. To me it's odd that a 1000 watt ballast dim at full speed can't fire a 1000 watt lamp?

But like said........

GL and Keepem Green
I've still got an old 400w magnetic that I get to fire up on rare occasions, when I fire it and hear that buzz it gets me all nostalgic.

But like said........

GL and Keepem Green
Thank you. I got a replacement and it works. Problem now is I’m reading that dimming my 1000w bulb you 750 or 600 is not good. Temps are around 74-75 set at 750 and 71-72 when set at 600w.

Back
Top Bottom