Noob-Hoping to Grow! Eventually

Drumsbreathe

Hello All!

I have recently acquired a few vaping products and as a result I'm off cigarette smoke and vaping a huge percentage of my herb consumption, which was previously only ever smoked. Perhaps I'm thinking more clearly because of the lack of carbon, or perhaps exactly the opposite - but somehow, I decided that I should really try and grow my own supply. That said, I know pretty well how to consume the herb, but I know next to nothing about growing the stuff!

I have spent a few hours browsing the forums and learning a lot in the process. But I would really appreciate some guidance in simply finding the most important and complete threads. Again, I know that I know very little, so please don't assume that I know anything, however obvious it may seem!

I am living in an apartment with my girlfriend who doesn't smoke, but who has accepted my using vaporizers inside. I figure now that I'm in her good books for a while for having kicked tobacco, I may as well push the boundaries and try and grow some weed!

I am thinking about two possible locations, which I will post pictures of as soon as I can. One is an enclosed storage area on the back balcony of our 2nd floor apartment. The other is a very heavily used closet in the main living room. In either instance, I hope to build a grow box to contain everything. I really don't know what I should take into consideration when selecting a location, or lights, medium, strain or anything else for that matter. Either way, all of this is likley many months away at this point as I have nothing to finance my dream at the moment. Hopefully this will change, but I figure it will give me the opportunity to research, and prevent me from getting started prematurely. I figure there is a lot to learn!

With that in mind, if there is any way I can get started sooner, with minimal equipment, that I could build upon for subsequent cycles and harvests, perhaps it could happen sooner. Again, I don't know enough to know what I don't know...you know!!

So, any and all guidance is greatly appreciated and I thank you all in advance for any help and support you can provide.

Happy Smoking! (or vaping, or whatever else it is you enjoy!)

Hey Drumsbreathe, :welcome: to 420 Magazine!

I think you'll find this is the best mmj community out there...dedicated to spreading awareness of the benefits of Cannabis. :thumb:

Our members are some of the most knowledgable and the most helpful anywhere, and I think you'll like it here!

Have you looked through the journals for closet grows? You can probably get some good ideas there. One of the most important factors when growing in small spaces is ventilation. You need to get hot air out and fresh air in...rapidly growing plants can very quickly use up the available CO2. The storage space on your deck wouldn't be my first choice because you'll be at the mercy of the heat, humidity, and pests, but depending on your climate you might be able to make it work. There's some other links below that might help as well!

If you haven't already, please take a moment to check out the guidelines: Forum Guidelines, they will assist you in navigating the forum. I also recommend you read through Forum Guideline FAQs before you get started.

Here are some other links that you might also want to check out:
Interested in growing Cannabis? :thumb:

One of the best places to start: How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know: How to Grow Marijuana
Grow support: How to Ask for Grow Support
Questions about your grow:
Frequently Asked Questions
How to grow marijuana forum: How to Grow Marijuana
MMJ lounge: Grower's Lounge

One of my favorite places to hang out: Grow Journals

Maybe information is your thing... :)

Cannabis and Hemp related news: 420 News
Just want the facts? Cannabis Facts, Medical Marijuana Facts, Industrial Hemp Facts
And who doesn't love science? Medical Marijuana Scientific Data

Need to learn how to upload photos, embed a video, add a link to your signature, etc.? It's all right here: Member Resources

420 Magazine's Mission Statement:
Mission Statement
Help support the cause: Help Support 420 Magazine

Also, please check out the monthly contests linked below in my signature, and feel free to participate by voting and/or entering...you can win some really cool prizes!

There's so much information here, that it can seem a bit overwhelming at times...hopefully these links will help get you started, and feel free to ask if you need any help!

:Namaste:

Thanks for the helpful suggestions! I have read a ton, and still have a lot to learn. Trying hard to balance studies, work and health (my own and the girls ;-)

The seeds were put in soil 3 weeks ago. I'll post pictures as soon as I can!

Back
Top Bottom