Noob in need of some help

SnowyMountian

Hello everyone. I'm just starting this medical use thing after not smoking for 14 years.
This is all relatively new to me. I have been taking opiates for pain for about 10 years. I'm now taking 60mg to 90mg of extended release morphine a day. I've been on the morphine for almost 3 years. I can't do it anymore.

I have severe back pain from a botched surgery. It's a natural ascending fusion from L5/S1 to T6, that is crushing the nerves. I live in constant pain. The morphine is not working anymore and the next step the Dr. wants to take is Methadone and I'm not doing it anymore. I'm tired of all the pills. I'm 38 years old and I want to live long enough to meet my grandchildren.

We live in a very conservative community, so medical use still has the stigma of being a "gateway drug." I'm a recovering meth addict, I've been sober for 14 years. And I'm scared to ask my Dr about starting our states medical use program. It is like it's okay to keep feeding someone who has an addiction problem opiates, but God forbid they try something new.

I've read through some of the posts about using medical weed to help stop using opiates. And I need a little help understanding the terminology you guys use. Like the abreviations.

I'm really needing some help with this. I really don't have a network of people that can help me. I have family who are working with me, but they're just as new to this as I am. Any advice or experience you can share with me is greatly appreciated!

Sorry to hear about your medical issues. One of the best things to come from medical and recreational use States is that they see a decline on opioid use for pain relief. You will have to do some research to find the best strains for your particular relief. The largest campaigns against cannabis use are funded by big pharma. Now ask yourself why that is. It's because they know that cannabis is effective and there sales will go down.

I am a new grower also and this is one of the best places for new growers. Find some seeds online, get a room setup and start making your own meds.

Cheers and good luck on your adventure.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Okay, what a pain in the butt. Spent 30 minutes writing a reply and my phone browser didn't post it and deleted it! Now I'm using the app....lol

In short of my original comment.
Growing for me really isn't an option. We have 4 people in a very small house so the room just isn't available. And its probably not something my lovely wife would consider.
(Really frustrated my last post didn't go through) but I really am at a point where I'm afraid that with all the pills I take and my health, I won't live long enough to meet my grandchildren. But at the same time, my wife and I have spent a lot of time talking to our kids about drug use and the consequences. We've been very open with them about our use and what it does. My oldest son(21) is a security guard at a prison meth treatment facility and my youngest son(14) works with teens and young adults in a church based recovery group. Actually, completely by coincidence....lol We didn't even think about it until last week when we were discussing me starting the program.

I'm really at a dilemma. Me starting medical marijuana wasn't an easy decision. My wife has a lot of hesitation, especially when it comes to the kids and that it goes against my last 14 years of trying to stay sober. And I know I'm really not "sober" having been taking morphine for so long. It's more of the concept of it.

Sorry for the ramblings. I really am having trouble with all of this. And I honestly don't have anyone else to talk to about it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hello everyone. I'm just starting this medical use thing after not smoking for 14 years.
This is all relatively new to me. I have been taking opiates for pain for about 10 years. I'm now taking 60mg to 90mg of extended release morphine a day. I've been on the morphine for almost 3 years. I can't do it anymore.

I have severe back pain from a botched surgery. It's a natural ascending fusion from L5/S1 to T6, that is crushing the nerves. I live in constant pain. The morphine is not working anymore and the next step the Dr. wants to take is Methadone and I'm not doing it anymore. I'm tired of all the pills. I'm 38 years old and I want to live long enough to meet my grandchildren.

We live in a very conservative community, so medical use still has the stigma of being a "gateway drug." I'm a recovering meth addict, I've been sober for 14 years. And I'm scared to ask my Dr about starting our states medical use program. It is like it's okay to keep feeding someone who has an addiction problem opiates, but God forbid they try something new.

I've read through some of the posts about using medical weed to help stop using opiates. And I need a little help understanding the terminology you guys use. Like the abreviations.

I'm really needing some help with this. I really don't have a network of people that can help me. I have family who are working with me, but they're just as new to this as I am. Any advice or experience you can share with me is greatly appreciated!

Hello,

Do you remember what abbreviations they are?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom