Noob seeds question

Jazza McQuery

420 Member
I bought 5 seeds of regular Blueberry from an online seller. Let's say I plant 2 seeds and end up with one Male plant and one Female plant. If the Male pollinates the Female, will the newly created seeds in the Female's flowers be the exact same strain/genetics as the 5 seeds that i bought? Sorry i have no experience planting cannabis

Depends how stable the Strain is, some have multiple phenotypes. Say you cross Strain X with Strain Y, one might lean more towards the Y and one might lean more towards the X, so kind of a diceroll to a point, but they will still be a cross of X and Y just not necessarily "exactly" the same.

In theory yes because they are both same strands but depending on the dominant geanome regulates what mother /fother genetics like dewight was saying granted you will have great usable seeds anyways

Most strains out there are F-1's so the best they will be a F-2's. Each strain has its pheno's good and bad. The same with both male and female plants. There are a lot a variables going on. With just the choice of 1 each you don't know what you will get. I am not saying you will not get good seeds. It is just a gamble. That is how genetics get muddied. If you need seeds and you only have the 2 plants. Keep them serrate and collect the pollen and just paint it on 1 or 2 branches of the female so you still have smoke able product.
The best way to save the genetics in a strain that you have bought is to grow all or most of the seeds. Cross all the females with all the males. This will give you tons of seeds but most of the genetic makeup will be in there. Then you can start with the seeds from the best female in the end. Just remember that the best phenol may be in the seeds from the other plants. Crossing just 2 plants closes the genetic window to tight to expect great results.

Back
Top Bottom