NooB soil component question

mas100378

Hello,

Just about ready to germinate. Once germinated, I will be using 3 gallon pots for the vegging and flowering.

I decided on using Fox Farm's Ocean Forest. With that said, I have read a lot that I should add additional supplements for ease of watering, soil clogs, etc. I have seen on Youtube a person simply adding dolomite lime as well as a mix of light warrior. Does this sound like a doable soil mix?

Any recommendations as far as other mixes into the FF ocean forest?

Thank you so much!

:thanks:

I use all fox Farm products. I don't add anything to it & I feel I get pretty good results.

maybe 30-40% perlite to help the drainage and it helps keep the dirt from packing down to tight to let oxygen get to the roots.

Why perlite and not vermiculite? Would you recommend throwing in some bat guano?

Just seeing what options are out there and what might give a little "boost" of help.

Thank you so much!

you dont need to add any nutes for the first 3wks. to ffof it already has all the good stuff in it. i would recommend ff happy frog for seedlings its not as hot then transplant to ffof. if you want to add vermiculite in for help to retain some water mix maybe 20-25% i wouldnt mix in more then that. the extra perlite just helps drainage and lets more oxygen get to the root system better and keeps the soil from packing down real tight so the roots can grow better.

You say you use all FF products, but don't add anything to it. Can you explain that better please?
Sure, Ocean Forest is my medium.For Nutrients I use Grow Big,Big Bloom, and Tiger Bloom. For Supplements I use Open Sesame,Beasty Bloom,and Cha Ching.

So, I prepped my soil with a bag of FFOF, about 35% perlite, and a cup of dolomite lime. I am going out of town for a bit, so I will let the soil mend itself together in a closed rubbermaid.

Thanks for the input from all!

Back
Top Bottom