In 20 gallon fabric pots you can do a No-Till grow instead of super soil.I'm pretty much sold on the idea of going organically my next grow. The end product seems superior. But candidly, the most appealing aspect seems to be the hands free nature of the grow ( aside from watering on occasion and other misc tasks ). Messing with soil PH, nutrients, and flushing is not desirable - for me, anyway.
I started looking around for super soil recipes. They vary greatly. Is there a good soil recipe / info that you could point me to?
Thanks in advance!
Just add a couple hundred worms to each pot and start a cover crop.
Here's a good recipe for Living Organic Soil. This is the one I use.
You can make this yourself or buy bags of it from Buildasoil.
Oly Mountain Modern Mix 2 soil.
Then a bag of Craftblend to reammend the soil when needed and a bag of Gro-kashi for Veg and a good microbe inoculate, I use Rootwise Microbe Complete.
Also buy a quart of Thermx70 (Yucca extract) to add to your water everytime you water.
This soil in 20 gallon fabric pots, with a cover crop, and a couple hundred worms you shouldn't have any over watering problems, do NOT let this soil dry out, keep it moist.
Also a good idea to add some Rove Beetles to it once established as pest management, they will devour fungus gnats and thrips and probably most aphids to I think.
Plus they help break down the soil, they only live about 3 weeks so a constant supply of little dead bodies to enrich the soil with Chitin plus they poop in the pot adding nutrients.
Part of the whole soil food web.
- 2 CuFt Sphagnum moss
- 1 CuFt Pumice lava rock
- 1 CuFt Modern Beginning charged Biochar
- 1 CuFt Rice Hulls
- 2 CuFt Humus composed of 1/3 Compost(Oly Mountain fish compost) and 2/3 EWC, and
- throw in a few handfuls some probiotic herbs – comfrey, nettle, dandelion, etc..
- (Per cu.Ft of Base Soil)
- 1/2 cup organic Neem meal
- 1/2 cup organic Kelp meal
- 1/2 cup organic Crustacean meal
- 1/2 cup organic insect frass
- 1/3 cup Gro-Kashi
- 1/3 cup Karanja Meal
- 1/4 cup of fish bone meal
- 1/16th cup of Modern Microbes
- 3 cups of some Rock/Mineral Mix
- (Rock/Mineral Mix)
- 2 part Oyster Shell Flour
- 2 part Gypsum
- 1 parts Glacial Rock Dust
- 1 part Basalt
- 1 part Calcium Bentonite