Noobie question on a light.

Wondering if an 150 watt MH is suitable for 1 or 2 plants? My plan for my first grow setup is a 24"X24"X60" tent. I already have a 150watt MH fixture from another hobby, it is a Coralife aqualight pro HQI with 2 65 watt CFL tubes that can be changed. Eventually I would like to grow to a 48"X48" or larger tent with LEDs (baby steps for now). Any suggestions are welcomed

Thanks

The bulb spectrum is not right for growing. That's a 10k bulb. You want a 3-3.5k for flowering. You can use a 4k for veg.

I actually just fired it up and it is more of 21000K guess I am off to find a 3500K bulb. Do you all think the CFL would work for seedlings? I am going to pull the actinic03 bulbs and get 3000K bulbs.

Wondering if an 150 watt MH is suitable for 1 or 2 plants? My plan for my first grow setup is a 24"X24"X60" tent. I already have a 150watt MH fixture from another hobby, it is a Coralife aqualight pro HQI with 2 65 watt CFL tubes that can be changed. Eventually I would like to grow to a 48"X48" or larger tent with LEDs (baby steps for now). Any suggestions are welcomed

Here is a link. Search results for: '' - Bulk Reef Supply

Thanks

It would be an odd light to use because the spectrum is blue heavy because for aquarium lighting being really blue. It will work but your grams/watt would be higher on a light with same watts tuned with more red. If I read this correctly you have 282 total watts in a 2x2 which comes out to 1128w in a 4x4 for HID style lighting. If you could change the MH bulb to something warmer that would be better and I think you'd be happy for now for a few grows until you want to switch to LED. If you just put it in as is plants would still grow and you'd want to change it after the first grow.

Back
Top Bottom