Noobie wanting to grow

dumbhighdea

Hey guys! This is my first thread and have spent a lot of time not paying attention at college and learning about growing. My first impulse is to make a grow room that's 10x 10 and grow a butt load of marijuana. However realistically I realize this isn't a good approach for a starter and decided one to two plants should be my starting spot. I have looked at LED, CFL, MH, and HPS bulbs and the growing needs that come with each. I'm leaning toward a LED because they are not big heat producers and the next best option is a HM/HPS combo. But I live in a hot area and heat is going to be a struggle. I am handy and will be able to make my own grow box and put it together without buying a tent, kit, or anything else. I just need some help with what LED light I should get for a 2x2 grow box. I want to grow cuz the thought of controlling the quality of bud I smoke is appealing plus medical marijuana is expensive! HOpe you guys can help me get started!

PS I thought about doing a 4x4 with a Kind k3 l300 led light but figured that still might be over kill for my first grow.

Let me know previous experiences, thoughts, and recommendations!Thanks

alot will weigh in with there opinions. Think about where you will be in a year. Buy items with that in mind. if you have room, a 4x4 tent is the way to go because you will be there on your next grow anyway. Same with a light, led is a big expense for a really good one but in my opinion will never give you what a hps/mh will. But like you said hps/mh does bring with it a heat problem. I live in a southern state where Temps reach 110 all summer and the heat can be an issue but is worth it.

I'd take a look at topled mars II series lights. You could cover a 4x4 tent with one or two no problem, and their prices are really good. I've got three of their led lights and have no complaints. My 4x4 tent has a mars II 700 and a mars II 400

Thanks Thebudking and Peyton manning. I also live in an area that will often teach the 110-115 range. I looked at the toppled mars II series like you said. The trouble I have with led lights is that I can't tell if the light is any good. Of course there is watts and lumens but I feel each led is made to create a certain frequency of light whereas the MH or HPS or CFL all have the same light frequency production no matter the company the light is made by. Any tips on how to decide if the led your going to buy is good or not?

I have no experience with led.when I started growing led were terrible so I have always used hps/mh. As far as which to buy, you have to read reviews and look at you tube vids to decide. If you go with LED, get the bloom and build a veg light like mine. It is 4 shop lights with 4 6500k and 4 5000k bulbs. Works great and no heat. If you want more detail let me know and I will do a YouTube vid for you.

Back
Top Bottom