Noob's First Grow: Indoor, Coco, 4 Plants

Don't threat too much on when stretch starts. Some go straight to bloom nutes. I just think that with a big stretch the plant still needs some grow nutes. That's just me. Other do things totally different.

Got it! Actually, not stressed at all. Really enjoying the adventure, the learning, and all the helpful advice here. Little Ms. Purple Kush just had her afternoon meal, with just a touch of bloom nutes. She likes her brew very diluted, even though she is larger than her roommates.

I feed grow nutes until pistils show because I want a lot of stretch for big colas, just my prefered way of doing it.

Thanks Penny. The auto Purple Kush just started showing pistils (or at least I just noticed them) today. Early I had asked about when/how to transition to bloom nutes, so that it what I was just replying to. Did mostly a typical veg formula, with a touch of bloom goodies - diluted accordingly. Hope all is well with you.

All good today, how's your day going?

Doing great! It is a beautiful spring day here (finally) and I am really pleased with how my girls are progressing. Also dropped seeds today for my next adventure: an outdoor summer grow. What else could one ask for!

What are you running outdoors?

Did a bit of research, and decided that some "fast" photos would be the best compromise given the short outdoor season here. Seeds from @DrSeeds arrived on Monday, wet paper towel that night, and into coir/solo cups this afternoon. Six out of six germinated within 30 hours. Maybe a new journal soon!

Should be a good run.

Fingers crossed! Will be fun to be outdoors instead of the dingy basement tending to plants. Saving a bit on the electricity bill over the summer is a good thing. Hoping I'll be able to grow some larger plants without the constraint of tent height, but still planning on doing some training. Excited about the Critical Mass - will use it to make edibles for Mrs. Bard and some friends.

Good afternoon everyone,

It has been a few days, so time for an update! Today is DAY 43 of Veg for the three photo gals (GSC, Trainwreck, and Green Crack) and DAY 5 of Flower for the solo-auto, Purple Kush.

It had been about 5 days since I did much work (apart from feeding) on the plants, so I had some catch-up work to do. For the three photoperiods, I did some more anchoring work, as well as quite a bit of defoliation to allow light to get into all those new growths. Here are before and after pictures of each one.

GSC:

Side View (pre):

Top View (pre):

Top View (post):

Trainwreck:

Side View (pre):

Top View (pre):

Top View (post):

Green Crack:

Side View (pre):

Top View (pre):

Top View (post):

Continued in Part 2....

Continued....

My Purple Kush is in DAY 5 of flowering (I started counting days from the first pistils). I didn't torture her at all today, just letting her continue her transition from veg to bloom. She is getting more bloom-oriented nutes now, but still very diluted, as she is really sensitive. She (as well as all the other girls) get heavy doses of cal/mag though, as they seem to hunger for it in the coir and LEDs, even more so than I expected at the beginning. My canopy is not as flat/level as I would have liked, but, so be it!

Next Steps:

On the Purple Kush, I will just continue on with the transition to a full bloom nute program over the next couple of weeks. A bit of trimming here and there as needed to expose the bud sites to light.

On the three photo girls, they have almost all reached the edge of their pots (except for the GSC, which I didn't plant very well centred). I am thinking that it is time to flip to 12/12. Given the defol I did today, I am going to give them a couple of days to recover, and then I think I will flip on Wednesday.

What do folks think?

Hope everyone had a great weekend, thanks!

PS: I have started a new journal - documenting my second grow, outdoors this summer. Hope that you will stop by if you have time and interest.

Looking good. I wouldn't take too many leaves from the PK right now. Try tucking most of them until after stretch. Maybe those higher shoots pull out some and that will flatten the top out some and let the shorter ones catch up some.

Thanks Derby! Sorry, my earlier post wasn't clear - I didn't take any leaves off of the PK today, only off of the photos. I had been hesitant to touch the taller branches as well - didn't want to mess with her right now. But if you think it would be ok, I can definitely put a little tension on those tall branches to pull them down a bit.

Back
Top Bottom