Noob's First Grow: Indoor, Coco, 4 Plants

With autos I've always had good luck just pulling the taller outer branches out some. Very little each day as to not stress the plant. This lets the smaller sites stretch up to them.

Will do!

Figure they should double in height, so let that be your guide.

I have the headspace above, and they are really short. I was more concerned that they had reached the edge of the pot, and that was "the sign" to flip. If I can veg longer, I am happy to do so!

Well Penny is a much better grower than myself so maybe listen to him. I'm just stating what had worked well for me.

Thanks - I will do a little spreading on the tall branches tomorrow.

Mrs. Bard and I sampled my latest batch of gummies last night. I used some pretty crappy (dried and dusty) cannabis from the provincial retailer. It will have to do until my own is ready! The specs on it say 8% THC and 8% CBD. It was like Nyquil - put us both into a very pleasant coma. Can't wait until my own material is available!

Mrs. Bard and I sampled my latest batch of gummies last night. I used some pretty crappy (dried and dusty) cannabis from the provincial retailer. It will have to do until my own is ready! The specs on it say 8% THC and 8% CBD. It was like Nyquil - put us both into a very pleasant coma. Can't wait until my own material is available!
It will be so nice when you have your own bud to do what you want with. There’s nothing like consuming bud that you grew yourself.✌️

Good day everyone, and Happy Hump Day! Hope that your week is going well.

Just a quick update today - not much training going on right now, just letting the gals do their thing. They seem pretty happy.

For the three photos (GSC, Green Crack, and Trainwreck) today is DAY 46 of Veg. All that I have been doing is continue to water and feed with the veg solution, and keep the developing canopy as even as I can. A bit of leaf tucking along the way. Here they are:

GSC:

Trainwreck:

Green Crack:

For my one Autoflower, Purple Kush, today is DAY 8 of flower. She started showing pistils a bit before I was ready for her - ha! Based on the advise I got here a few days ago, I have been gently pulling down on those really tall branches in order to allow the inner growth to catch up in height. It seems to be working! [She is always a bit droopy before the lights come on each day, but perks right up - you can see what I mean.]:

Next Steps:
On the three photoperiods, I will continue to flatten the canopy for a few more days. At this point, I am thinking that I will flip to 12/12 within a week. I have the vertical space to allow them to keep going - they are currently so darn flat! But I do wonder about the container capacity to allow them to keep growing in veg. All the girls are in fabric pots, and occasionally I see roots extending out of the sides, but of course they die back from "air-pruning." If potential height isn't an issue (yet), is there a reason to flip sooner rather than later? My understanding is that yield steadily increases the longer a plant is in veg, but I am wondering if there isn't a point of diminishing returns, if the plant gets too big for its container? In reading @Asesino85 guide, he suggests flipping when growth reaches the edge of the pot, and I am pretty much there now. Any thoughts?

On the Purple Kush auto, I will continue to do very minor training to allow the inner branches to catch up. She is on a diluted combination of veg and bloom nutes, but I will be changing to a full bloom diet tomorrow (still very diluted, as she burns easily).

Any feedback or comments most appreciated!

Thanks everyone.

If you have trained them to the edge of the pot, you can just let them grow a little vertical now. The next time you take some pics, let’s see a profile view of the quads if you can.

If you have trained them to the edge of the pot, you can just let them grow a little vertical now. The next time you take some pics, let’s see a profile view of the quads if you can.

Will do! Thanks.

I have just finished a plant and in the middle of another being trained the same way. Only thing I will try differently is superhighway the lower branches about 1- 1.5” from stock on a downward angle to stop from buckling at stock. I am only saying this because it sucks when a big branch all of a sudden gives while training.
A9D4FA01-8C7D-438E-8C7B-16884F35ED4C.jpegAF89E5A0-B49C-4EB7-942D-2EF4D9E642FA.jpeg8EA351B2-2DDE-4BEB-AEA3-09EF0B0B8EE4.jpeg

Morning, all,

Today is DAY 47 of veg for my three photoperiods. Just pulled them out of the tent for some additional photos. As you can see, they are growing nicely horizontally. However, they are extremely flat! They really look more like ground covers that the typical shape I see on others' plants. I am guessing that they will start growing upward/vertically when flipped to 12/12?

All three have reached the edge of their pots, at least with the longest branches. It looks like I could keep going with veg for a bit longer to get wall-to-wall coverage of the pot? What do folks think? @Mr. Magoo - hopefully these side views help.

GSC:

Trainwreck:

Green Crack:

Finally, here's a shot of my Purple Kush (auto, Day 9 of flower). Some of the young leaves are showing some purple colour - not sure if that is part of the nature blooming cycle for this strain, given its name, or if it is cold?

Purple coloration:

Hope that everyone is having a great day!

Back
Top Bottom