Noob's First Grow: Indoor, Coco, 4 Plants

Wow and double wow Bard. Amazing harvest and on with the next too. Those roots are amazing and i have never seen any like that so early. brilliant.
Only just caught up after a short while but so much has happened in here. well handled and some great info for us to get into too. great journal Bard.

Thanks Grandaddy! Blushing. :)

The roots are definitely crazy!! As I mentioned, I think I put too much of the rooting hormones in the tank, but the girls don't seem too have minded. The tops are pretty sad looking, but I figure with some good roots, they will start putting out new greenery soon.

I did check humidity on the buds that are drying the fridge. Definitely not done yet - RH still in the mid-70s. I'll let them chill and dry some more, and then test them again mid-week or so.

Hope that you are well, and are having a great weekend!

Thanks as always for stopping by.

Thanks Grandaddy! Blushing. :)

The roots are definitely crazy!! As I mentioned, I think I put too much of the rooting hormones in the tank, but the girls don't seem too have minded. The tops are pretty sad looking, but I figure with some good roots, they will start putting out new greenery soon.

I did check humidity on the buds that are drying the fridge. Definitely not done yet - RH still in the mid-70s. I'll let them chill and dry some more, and then test them again mid-week or so.

Hope that you are well, and are having a great weekend!

Thanks as always for stopping by.
my pleasure mate. sorry i missed so much going on and that harvest too. brilliant result
All good my end but had an hermie blue gelato at week 4 flowering , gutted but got lots of seeds.lol. rest is going great guns and looking forward to budswell weeks soon.
Keep up the wicked growing and learning curve , loved the breadown of how you felt it went in the last ones and what you learnt. an excellent way to end the grow and help others who are walking the same path. Hope you get some comp entries in. you never know !. peace and blessing and some green days ahead
my girls to date at 35 days flowering.
20190810_160429.jpg
20190809_134620.jpg
20190809_133058.jpg
20190809_132901.jpg

Hey everyone,

Welcome to a new week!

Buds in fridge are almost done. I'll do another humidity test on them tomorrow. Fingers-crossed we are around 65%, target is 62%, but want to leave a couple of points for further drying when the burping process starts during curing.

Decided to take the downtime to move my clones from the bubbler into coco. I had a total of six cuttings, but picked out the best two to keep. They are Cookie Kush from Barney's Farm, taken from an outdoor plant a buddy is growing this summer. Put them each into a one gallon fabric pot with coco. I had washed and charged the medium over the past few days. These gals will be tucked away for a while in until I decide to flower them. Roots were crazy, so I hope that they make the transition to coco easily. I'm pleased that a lot of the foliage held up nicely as well.

Have a great week!

Hey everyone,

Welcome to a new week!

Buds in fridge are almost done. I'll do another humidity test on them tomorrow. Fingers-crossed we are around 65%, target is 62%, but want to leave a couple of points for further drying when the burping process starts during curing.

Decided to take the downtime to move my clones from the bubbler into coco. I had a total of six cuttings, but picked out the best two to keep. They are Cookie Kush from Barney's Farm, taken from an outdoor plant a buddy is growing this summer. Put them each into a one gallon fabric pot with coco. I had washed and charged the medium over the past few days. These gals will be tucked away for a while in until I decide to flower them. Roots were crazy, so I hope that they make the transition to coco easily. I'm pleased that a lot of the foliage held up nicely as well.

Have a great week!

Happy girls. looking good mate and those roots are brilliant. So many to go crazy through that coco.

Hi everyone!

Well, I've finally reached the finish line!!

IMG_3336.JPG

After a long haul in the fridge to dry out the harvest, and then a week or two of burping to finish it up, humidity has finally stabilized in the 62-64% range for everything.

Here are the final weights:

Train Wreck: 157 grams / 5.6 oz
Green Crack: 109 grams / 3.9 oz
GSC: 123 grams / 4.4 oz

The Purple Kush Auto was also part of this grow. I harvested it way back in late June, and it came in at 60 grams / 2.1 oz dry weight. [I got some sugar leaf trim off all these girls, which I will be using in oils, but I haven't included in the weights.]

For a grand total of 449 grams / 16.0 oz. I am damned pleased!! They were grown under a total of 500W, so I think that works out to 0.9 gram / watt. I know some seriously talented growers get a pound off of one plant, but I am delighted with my one pound total from all four.

They all smell different, and I am sure will have different effects. I am going to let the new harvest cure for a few weeks, and then get some friends who have better taste-buds/experience to smoke some evaluate the quality. The jars will hang out in the basement where it is cool and dark. Eventually, I'll make some infusion or tincture for Mrs. Bard and me to enjoy in gummies or other edibles.

So I think that is a wrap for this journal! I just wanted to say thank you (again!) to everyone who stopped by and helped me with my first grow. It was a lot of fun, I learned a lot, and got to make connections with so many of you.

On to the next projects!

Hi everyone!

Well, I've finally reached the finish line!!

IMG_3336.JPG

After a long haul in the fridge to dry out the harvest, and then a week or two of burping to finish it up, humidity has finally stabilized in the 62-64% range for everything.

Here are the final weights:

Train Wreck: 157 grams / 5.6 oz
Green Crack: 109 grams / 3.9 oz
GSC: 123 grams / 4.4 oz

The Purple Kush Auto was also part of this grow. I harvested it way back in late June, and it came in at 60 grams / 2.1 oz dry weight. [I got some sugar leaf trim off all these girls, which I will be using in oils, but I haven't included in the weights.]

For a grand total of 449 grams / 16.0 oz. I am damned pleased!! They were grown under a total of 500W, so I think that works out to 0.9 gram / watt. I know some seriously talented growers get a pound off of one plant, but I am delighted with my one pound total from all four.

They all smell different, and I am sure will have different effects. I am going to let the new harvest cure for a few weeks, and then get some friends who have better taste-buds/experience to smoke some evaluate the quality. The jars will hang out in the basement where it is cool and dark. Eventually, I'll make some infusion or tincture for Mrs. Bard and me to enjoy in gummies or other edibles.

So I think that is a wrap for this journal! I just wanted to say thank you (again!) to everyone who stopped by and helped me with my first grow. It was a lot of fun, I learned a lot, and got to make connections with so many of you.

On to the next projects!
Well done mate. brilliant result. been an absolute pleasure to watch. see you on the other side.

Hey @The Bard if you could be ever so kind and post a link to your new journal here please and thank you. Once you get one going that is!!

Hey Slider!

I have two journals going currently, plus the Chem comparison. Links to all of them are in my signature.

Have a great weekend, buddy.

Back
Top Bottom