Noobymacdooby's 2nd Grow - Cheese & Local Genetics - All The Gear But No Idea

I got the 3500k as I want something to cover both veg and flower. Wonder if there is a noticeable difference between the two

Not sure but the plants look much happier during flower, they're praying to the lights everyday regardless of what I'm doing in terms of watering and feeding. During veg they seemed to battle a bit more with light / heat stress.

Lols, yeah man didn't want put Sun Valley on the spot in case he didn't want to waste seeds on me....my 1st grow is starting to feel like beginners luck compared to this run.
Good genetics is a big part in getting a good grow along with a good yield. I don't see it as being a waste but rather a learning curve but I get what you're saying.

Good genetics is a big part in getting a good grow along with a good yield. I don't see it as being a waste but rather a learning curve but I get what you're saying.

Yeah definitely a learning curve, lucky for me my work and my other hobbies all involve putting in time and practice to be good at it. This is just one more of those!

Day 21 of flower....potential hermies are stacking nicely..lols.

P1040761.JPG

P1040764.JPG
P1040765.JPG
P1040779.JPG
P1040782.JPG
P1040786.JPG
P1040787.JPG

also i'm apparently growing a cover crop... :rofl:
P1040777.JPG

Lol wtf where'd they come from? XD

Color on the lady boys looks good at least! I hope were all wrong n they turn into gorgeous nug sticks lol

Lol wtf where'd they come from? XD

Color on the lady boys looks good at least! I hope were all wrong n they turn into gorgeous nug sticks lol

well the cover crop is most likely from the worm castings, home made so a couple of seeds stay behind.

And my plants are gender fluid right now....they don't identify as male or female right now....:rofl:

Lol it's ok puberty can be confusing XD maybe put some girly shit in there to encourage them one way over the other . play them some cheesy music lol

Lol it's ok puberty can be confusing XD maybe put some girly shit in there to encourage them one way over the other . play them some cheesy music lol

Maybe I should've painted the wall pink?

Set up a little nursery area to start my seeds under, hopefully this way I can prevent the early stretching. Doing other seedlings too, some watercress and fenugreek seen in the picture.

P10407951.JPG

then popped some random beans given to me by a mate. They're just testers for the nursery setup.

P1040791.JPG

I might have to start a new journal that's more a perpetual one as it seems that's the way it's heading

I bet that seedling set up will rock man! If you start a new journal id be in! :3

Maybe I should've painted the wall pink?

Set up a little nursery area to start my seeds under, hopefully this way I can prevent the early stretching. Doing other seedlings too, some watercress and fenugreek seen in the picture.

P10407951.JPG

then popped some random beans given to me by a mate. They're just testers for the nursery setup.

P1040791.JPG

I might have to start a new journal that's more a perpetual one as it seems that's the way it's heading
We all strive to have a perpetual grow going, it just keeps things flowing nicely. I think you onto something with the pink walls bud hahahaha

Yeah so some working titles for my perpetual grow journal:

Noobymacdooby's Rollercoaster Ride of Noobness

Noobymacdooby's "I have no clue what I'm doing"

Noobymacdooby's...what the actual fuck is he doing???

So in the ongoing saga that is my DWC setup, I had a near panic attack yesterday. I only got to check up on the DWC in the afternoon due to work being busy. Upon opening my ress to check the EC and PH I see that a massive algae or fungus bloom has happened, water is dirty AF. Start panicking as I cant get more water till the next day. Dumped some peroxide in the res, tried to clean out lines and pump as best I could only to watch it get clogged over and over. Eventually had to give up as the lights went off. Spent the night tossing and turning thinking I was going to wake up to dead plants as they where drooping pretty bad....
Woke up this morning rushed into the room with lights on to get ready to cry and....and...the DWC plant looks happier than it ever has...it's praying like a mofo to the lights.....I give up.

Going to close up some taps and try clean and flush the system as best I can. May need a better pump too, my current one was clearly barely able to handle the job anyways it seems as the slightest bit of gunk in the filter slows it right down.

I got a cheaper end of the market PH pen to use instead of the coloured drops. Popped it open and checked it with the provided calibration fluids and it checked out fine at 6.8 and 4.1 ph. Did a test with the drops on the calibration fluids that showed the same ph.

However when I test the RO water the coloured drops show the ph to be 5.5 but the pen shows 6.8? Not at all sure whats going on there but if the pen is correct it could explain my DWC and it weird habits....the ph would be way to high the whole time.

I got a cheaper end of the market PH pen to use instead of the coloured drops. Popped it open and checked it with the provided calibration fluids and it checked out fine at 6.8 and 4.1 ph. Did a test with the drops on the calibration fluids that showed the same ph.

However when I test the RO water the coloured drops show the ph to be 5.5 but the pen shows 6.8? Not at all sure whats going on there but if the pen is correct it could explain my DWC and it weird habits....the ph would be way to high the whole time.
I also found that measuring with the drops is really difficult and gave different readings to my pen also

Flower day 26:

Hermies are coming along great....lols going to cut a bud or 2 on the weekend and see how bad the seeds are. Still just the strangest hermie. It shows zero male bits but on each node where male flowers would pop out there is a seed forming. Can't see any other seeds in the buds so far. Could actually be a useful mutation for people who just want to grow continuously without doing much work. At only say 5 to 6 seeds per head that's not too bad going.....

P1040799.JPG

Swazi:

P10407981.JPG

Sativa landrace:

P10407961.JPG

Back
Top Bottom