Noobymacdooby's 2nd Grow - Cheese & Local Genetics - All The Gear But No Idea

Looking great bro. Im subbed

Welcome aboard!

So another of the swazi plants showed as female so repotted her, here's the 2 lanky girls:
P10406611.JPG

plants stretching, will be putting up the 2nd scrog layer soon:
P1040663.JPG

and brewing up a batch of corn SST with some LAB, heard they like it in the 1st weeks of flower:
P1040665.JPG

Need to keep an eye on my DWC plant, the female one made what looks like a male flower. Pinched it off and hoping I'm just getting it wrong

Am I missing something? I don't mean to be rude but that scrog net seems useless.

Yeah it was set up in the beginning to add support to the plants so it's not really a scrog net. On my previous grow I made my own wire cages to support the lanky plants but it was a bit of a mission. The next net will be a proper scrog where I tuck and fold the grow.

What are your temps in there these days?

What are your temps in there these days?

Trying to run the room at 26 degrees. Bit unsure about the best temp during flower with the LEDs. I see quite a few growers running 25c under HPS to preserve the terpenes but I've heard that Growmau5 guy say that running at 28c is better for LEDs. With it heading into warm weather the room goes up to 28. When it goes over that I'l run the AC

Ok was just wondering if that was contributing to the height of the plants but I guess it's just the sativa influence?

I personally run my led rooms warm because I remember seeing something like that before too! Forgive me we use Celsius in Canada too but I learned to grow in farenheight XD that being said I run my led rooms around 80 farenheight n they seem happy! Led seems to push plants to enjoy higher temps, more silica and cal mag!

Ok was just wondering if that was contributing to the height of the plants but I guess it's just the sativa influence?

I personally run my led rooms warm because I remember seeing something like that before too! Forgive me we use Celsius in Canada too but I learned to grow in farenheight XD that being said I run my led rooms around 80 farenheight n they seem happy! Led seems to push plants to enjoy higher temps, more silica and cal mag!

Yeah definitely lots of sativa in there but I think it's more the leaf stripping technique I tried. The previous grow I used LST and super-cropping to manage the plants but this round I tried grand Master Level's technique where he strips leaves off of the tallest stems to slow down the growth. It worked really well and the lower branches are at the same height as the top one but it did seem to make them more stretchy than the previous lot. Good thing my room has a bit of height too it!

Got the 2nd scrog layer up, will tuck and tie down the plants tomorrow:
P10406661.JPG
P10406671.JPG

Although there is a bit of stretch I do have lots of room to lift the lights up:
P1040670.JPG

Also the light bars aren't fixed so I can move them over and not waste any light:
P10406691.JPG

Went into flower with about 10 plants and ended with 4 maybe 5 females. Not the best going there, not sure if bad luck or bad growing. But hey it's all about learning so just need to get better at it!

Love your grow space man! They'll be happy getting bent over .

Such LONG node spacing maybe lower your light or
More intense type of light idk but those are gonna be STRETCHED after you flip and node stacking is so important

What ph are you running your res at? N temp of your res? Yay glad tonsee that screen being worked .

Do you let your ph swing at All? Just curious to see why they aren't taking up nutes

The ph tends to drop down in my system so I'l ph up back to 5.5. Maybe I should go a bit higher on the ph. I'm using EHG nutes and their feeding schedule for the 1st 2 weeks of flower is heavy veg and micro, which seems odd but I followed it. In the 2nd week of heavy veg nutes the plants stopped eating. But the growth and health is there, I'd rather just be cautious and start a new res.

No doubt man, a lot of people run veg nutes for a week or two after flip so that makes sense, a lot of bio changes during that time-transitioning to flower

Try letting your ph drift up to 5.8 n see if that helps nutrient uptake! A lot of people start at 5.4 n let it drift up to around 5.8 or 9, helps absorb different nutes at different ph
420-magazine-mobile1818209640.jpg

Idk just something to play with lol just wanna see that dope room full of buds like you Do!

The ph tends to drop down in my system so I'l ph up back to 5.5. Maybe I should go a bit higher on the ph. I'm using EHG nutes and their feeding schedule for the 1st 2 weeks of flower is heavy veg and micro, which seems odd but I followed it. In the 2nd week of heavy veg nutes the plants stopped eating. But the growth and health is there, I'd rather just be cautious and start a new res.

If ph drops she is underfeed I would flush and refeed Bc it should always rise

Flower day 14

Glad to report that at this stage the plants all look pretty happy. They're praying to the lights. Apart from some light burn and a touch of curl on the one plant it's going along well....please stay this way!

Started defoliating the bottom bits, looks a bit bare with just these few plants now. Hopefully on the next round i can hit my target of 6 plants.

P10406771.JPG

Sativa plant is stacking nicely, much better than my previous grow so at least there is some improvement!

P10406811.JPG

DWC throwing out those fan leaves:

P10406891.JPG

Swazi stacks:

P1040697.JPG

And what looks like some light burn, the marked leaves are all in the center of the lights. Also interesting is that in natural light it looks almost as if nothing is wrong with the leaves but under the LEDs they look quite marked:

P1040686.JPG

Back
Top Bottom