NoobyMacDooby's Grow: Less Nooby More Dooby!

Dude, you have to !! Don't lose that pheno just yet, take 2 clippings in bags like Sun does. Definitely worth the try as it looks.

Was just thinking about his cloning tech. I was thinking of trying that when I do the defoliation later as there are way too many growth points now. Will have to substitute the moss for coco though as the local shops just sell shitty peat moss.

Was just thinking about his cloning tech. I was thinking of trying that when I do the defoliation later as there are way too many growth points now. Will have to substitute the moss for coco though as the local shops just sell shitty peat moss.
I would, I find it really heartbreaking taking a potential clone from a fire plant and dumping it in the bin. I usually take a few clones and hand it out to whoever want them and at that point if I have no takers (week or 2) I'll dump them. So far I've only had to dump one. May she rest in peace .

Easy cloning

What you need:

- Clone dome (suggest master clone dome. It's cheap)
- clonex or rooting powder
- Kelpak (also cheap)
- Large jiffy pellets
- Scalpel
- Freedom Farms seedling mix
- 12.5cm nursery pots or similar size
- EM-prosoil

Pour a litre of lukewarm water in a container. Mix in 15ml of kelpak. Soak jiffy pellets in there.
Fill your pots with seedling mix. Lightly water seedling mix with EM-prosoil solution. (mix 3ml/L) Don't soak the seedling mix completely.
Take your cutting at a 45 deg angle. Remove all leaves and leave only the top leaves. Shave the bottom 4 to 5cm of clone with scalpel.
Soak cutting in same kelpak solution the jiffy pellets are soaking in. Only need to do this for about 20 sec.
Shake off water, and dip clone into clonex or rooting powder.
Push clone into jiffy pellets.
Squeeze jiffy pellets around the clone. This removes excess water and seals jiffy around clone.
Bury jiffy pellet into seedling mix
Put clones in clone dome and mist liberally
Only start opening vents on about 3rd day, but mist clone dome daily. Don't open all vents straight away. Gradually open them over 2 to 3 days.
You can give them a light feed on about day 5 or 6.
Done. Easy peasy

Easy cloning

What you need:

- Clone dome (suggest master clone dome. It's cheap)
- clonex or rooting powder
- Kelpak (also cheap)
- Large jiffy pellets
- Scalpel
- Freedom Farms seedling mix
- 12.5cm nursery pots or similar size
- EM-prosoil

Pour a litre of lukewarm water in a container. Mix in 15ml of kelpak. Soak jiffy pellets in there.
Fill your pots with seedling mix. Lightly water seedling mix with EM-prosoil solution. (mix 3ml/L) Don't soak the seedling mix completely.
Take your cutting at a 45 deg angle. Remove all leaves and leave only the top leaves. Shave the bottom 4 to 5cm of clone with scalpel.
Soak cutting in same kelpak solution the jiffy pellets are soaking in. Only need to do this for about 20 sec.
Shake off water, and dip clone into clonex or rooting powder.
Push clone into jiffy pellets.
Squeeze jiffy pellets around the clone. This removes excess water and seals jiffy around clone.
Bury jiffy pellet into seedling mix
Put clones in clone dome and mist liberally
Only start opening vents on about 3rd day, but mist clone dome daily. Don't open all vents straight away. Gradually open them over 2 to 3 days.
You can give them a light feed on about day 5 or 6.
Done. Easy peasy

You make it sound so easy.... I will need to buy a bunch of that stuff and can only get it at the end of the month though. Might be a bit too late so will try some in the next week and then see how it looks month end.

You make it sound so easy.... I will need to buy a bunch of that stuff and can only get it at the end of the month though. Might be a bit too late so will try some in the next week and then see how it looks month end.
I use the cheaper method for cloning. Get solo cup/nursery pot put holes for drainage. Add moist soil. Cut clone at 45 deg angle. Add it to cup/pot make sure it's a fit tightly. Place cup in clear plastic "produce bag" blow Co2 rich air into bag and tie closed. Place as far away from light as possible and mist every 3 days or so then water a week or so in when soil is dry works around 50% of the times if temps and humidity are higher

I use the cheaper method for cloning. Get solo cup/nursery pot put holes for drainage. Add moist soil. Cut clone at 45 deg angle. Add it to cup/pot make sure it's a fit tightly. Place cup in clear plastic "produce bag" blow Co2 rich air into bag and tie closed. Place as far away from light as possible and mist every 3 days or so then water a week or so in when soil is dry works around 50% of the times if temps and humidity are higher

Thanks was going to go for something like that, luckily its hot and humid now too

Once they have shot roots do u have a space available in DWC? Otherwise you should go in soil/Coco/peat

Yeah I should but not sure if I'd have space to run them later. It's the one thing making me not jump at the cloning, won't really have space to keep them for long. The Cuvee has only 2 smaller lower branches to use. DWC has like tons, just waiting to see its sex. If I do clone I'l do it early this week

grow update:

Testing the new light out with some bag seed testers and the stragglers:

P10502941.JPG

P10502951.JPG

The dwc:

P10502992.JPG

P10503001.JPG

P10503022.JPG

The whole family:

P10503042.JPG

Looking great bud, and congrats on the female. Surely would have been heartbreaking for the plant doing the best to be a male.

I don't see a Nooby in the house anymore.

Back
Top Bottom