Noreastfog, 12 Pot Ebb & Grow, First Ever Grow

Hey guys everything is well, I'm just working straight through the weekend. I did a res change last night (late) and added "Big Bud" or something like that in addition to bloom nuts 1550 PPM.

I also got the nerve to do some trimming. It took some doing to "shift" things around and crawl on the floor remove some lower branches.

Top end things are stretching slowly but surely. It looks like each plant will have multiple colas. Is there a number that's too many for an individual plant?

I took some pics last night with the lights on and haven't had time to see if they are worth posting. I may be able to update Sunday night if there aren't too many people around.

:peacetwo:

Glad to hear things aregoing good, I think you will be alot better off with the trim you did, many benefits. Keep it up man, looking forward to some nice pics when you get the time. Peace

Day 44, Day 17 Bloom

Well, I'm now at or past the halfway point of my first grow :thumb: The girls haven't ceased to amaze and impress me. Watching it unfold in front of me rather than in someone else journal is phenomenal.

Time for pics

rsz_dscn7206.jpg

rsz_dscn7207.jpg

rsz_dscn7208.jpg

rsz_dscn7209.jpg

rsz_dscn7210.jpg

rsz_dscn7211.jpg

rsz_dscn7212.jpg

rsz_dscn7213.jpg

Thanks guys, I consider myself lucky to have the help I have here.

SOG is what I think of when I look at the beauties. It looks pretty, but I will be challenged to support all those heavy (hopefully) branches with the room that I have.

I'm just really pleased with how manageable the E&G is. Even when I'm really busy with other things, I can quickly check res level, PPM, PH, a quick look at the timer and lines and it's good. The once a week res change has become routine as well.

I'm sure others have their systems dialed too, but I'm a content buckethead

Looks great, nice color, the buds are forming well, now is the fun part, watching all of those nice tops fill in BIG FAT and FROSTY! Enjoy it brother, you deserve it, your doing great!:bravo::yahoo::thumb:

Hey again everyone, it's been a spectacular long weekend so far, above average temps and sunshine. Hard to spend time inside.

Res change Fri night. PH is running fairly stable now, minor adjustment every couple of days. PPM's at 1750.

They are quite thirsty these days.

Girls are GREEN and crowded. Most are about 32" tall now. Stretching on some (one in particular) plants. It's getting very sticky and aromatic! Temps running pretty much right on, humidity may be a little high. I may have to figure a way to exhaust outside sooner than I thought.

No new pics, my (usual) camera is on a trip. I'll have to figure a way to use my other one.

In the past I've been guilty of not preparing ahead for the various stages of the grow so I thought I would ask some questions well in advance this time.

Is the final week of bloom enough to flush the nutrients? Do you simply flush with clear water of use some type of additive? Do you change the res water once the final week or several times?

:reading420magazine::reading420magazine::reading420magazine:

NEF i'm really really impressed with your grow. After reading through your thread I'm convinced Ebb N grow is the way to go for sure. I'm excited to be part of the club here on 420 mag!!

Just a few questions for you however:

1. when you started your plants you had them under a 1000w hps at 4' away right? what were your ppms?

2. how well established were the roots in the soil before you washed it all away (how long in inches were the roots)

3. what kind of "syrofoam" did you put the freshly washed plants in before you popped them in the hydroton

4. your using some type of A & B nutrient. What kind?

again i'm very impressed.

p.s. to flush you just use plain water, i'd change the res out maybe twice in that last week if your ppms go up above a few hundred with the first batch of fresh water.

:goodjob::peacetwo:

Hey again everyone, it's been a spectacular long weekend so far, above average temps and sunshine. Hard to spend time inside.

Res change Fri night. PH is running fairly stable now, minor adjustment every couple of days. PPM's at 1750.

They are quite thirsty these days.

Girls are GREEN and crowded. Most are about 32" tall now. Stretching on some (one in particular) plants. It's getting very sticky and aromatic! Temps running pretty much right on, humidity may be a little high. I may have to figure a way to exhaust outside sooner than I thought.

No new pics, my (usual) camera is on a trip. I'll have to figure a way to use my other one.

In the past I've been guilty of not preparing ahead for the various stages of the grow so I thought I would ask some questions well in advance this time.

Is the final week of bloom enough to flush the nutrients? Do you simply flush with clear water of use some type of additive? Do you change the res water once the final week or several times?

:reading420magazine::reading420magazine::reading420magazine:

Hell if i know, haven't made it that far yet:Rasta:
Definitely waiting for the answer.

Hey NEF.

Hope you had a great weekend.

On the flush, you'll probably get as many opinions on this, as you would for what Nutes to use. Ha...ha.

On my last flush, I wanted to see what it really took to get all the chemicals out of the plants. Most Nute manufactures have a flush product (usually very cheap), I used GH FloraKleen, and here's what it says.

FLORA KLEEN
Salt Clearing Solution

- Dissolves accumulated fertilizer salts.
- Reduces plant stress from excess and imbalanced nutrients.
- Releases nutrient bonds between plants and systems, also correcting nutrient lock-out.
- Use FloraKleen as a final flush a few days before harvest to promote maturation and sugaring.
- Safe for use in all systems and media while plants are growing.

So I started on flush day 1, with this product and took a PPM reading. The next day I drained the res and did the same thing, added FloraKleen and took another PPM reading, by the third change on the res, I said, eff it, the PPM were within 20 points of the tap water that I was putting in, so I did regular tap water for the last four days, and again a 10 point difference from the tap water.

So I can't tell you when to start flushing, but it doesn't take very much for the plants to be released of their nutes. Usually a couple of cycles.

Thanks for checking out my pics man! I just hope nothing major happens the next three weeks. :slide:

Have a great night all!
SF

NEF i'm really really impressed with your grow. After reading through your thread I'm convinced Ebb N grow is the way to go for sure. I'm excited to be part of the club here on 420 mag!!

Just a few questions for you however:

1. when you started your plants you had them under a 1000w hps at 4' away right? what were your ppms?

2. how well established were the roots in the soil before you washed it all away (how long in inches were the roots)

3. what kind of "syrofoam" did you put the freshly washed plants in before you popped them in the hydroton

4. your using some type of A & B nutrient. What kind?

again i'm very impressed.

p.s. to flush you just use plain water, i'd change the res out maybe twice in that last week if your ppms go up above a few hundred with the first batch of fresh water.

:goodjob::peacetwo:

Hey LGM In order

1. I believe my starting PPM's were around 950. Although the way I started was kind of different. I had filled the res about a week and a half before getting my clones, just to let things cycle to make sure everything was in range. I didn't have an airstone at that time, and I didn't change the water before I planted the clones. So I started with very oxygen depleted water and my filtered (or unfiltered) tap water has zero starting PPM's. When I measured the water in the res that had sat for the week + it was about 300, so I'm not sure how that affected the actual starting PPM.
They didn't do much but survive the first week, until I added the airstone.
I started with the light at 4' but within two days I was at 2'. I never had it closer than about 18" average. There are always a couple that stretch a little closer.

2. They looked to be very well established, healthy clones. They all "showed" roots on the outside of the soil cube. Funny enough we completely broke one clone from it's roots but planted it anyway, it is now one of the healthiest girls. I'm also not sure we planted them to a uniform depth, which would explain why some seemed to thrive early and some struggled.

3. I had some 1" styrofoam sheet (Truefoam) that I had use for insulation and sound barrier. We simply cut out about 2" squares and cut a notch in them. It was just to help stabilize the and simulate the soil or rockwool.

4. I'm using DNF, Dutch Nutrient Formula. I just bought what the Hydro store guy recommended. I have since learned it is considered an economy brand. Which leaves me with a dilemma. I can't complain about my results, and if something works why change? However I find I cannot use the ratios that they publish in their instruction, I end up using about twice the amount to hit the PPM's. Perhaps there is a better "bang for buck" system out there.

Thanks for the advice on the flush, it's exactly what the hydro shop guy said!

:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom