Normal Yellowing? (Pics)

l Piff l

Hey everyone let me start out by telling you my setup.
I have a plant on Day 32 of Flowering.
It is in Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil (pH around 6.5)
150 HPS
Using Fox Farms Tiger Bloom fertilizer (2 Tbs/gal)
Temp: 80F

The problem is that the bottom fan leaves have been yellowing and dying at

a pretty fast rate. I know it is normal for the leaves to yellow during

flowering but this doesn't look normal to me. At the rate its going it looks like

I'll have no leaves left on this plant. There is also some yellowing at the tips.

Is this normal or do I have a problem? Thanks alot.
Pics_010.jpg

This pic shows the yellowing:
Pics_012.jpg

Three things I know that does that, lack of nitrogen (not likely), watering problems (fairly likely), size of pot (also not likely).

I would ask you, how often are you watering? 300-400ml every other day should be about right for your time.

Also would like to know the size of that pot, I generally go a minimum of 5 gallon, but it looks like you may have been doing some pruning there.

The pot is a little over 1 gal. The plant is 15.5" right now. Im not planning on

transplanting it.

I'm watering about 1.5-2 cups every 3 days or so.

I haven't done any pruning and thats the problem the bottom fan leaves

have been yellowing, dying, and falling off.

According to that chart it would seem closest to a Mg deficiency but when I

don't water with fertilizer I water with some epsom salt. The growth doesn't

seem stunted the buds are getting bigger everyday. So I'm guessing this is

not normal?

i bet its root bound too =)
is it haze?
good buds on there i bet it wouldnt take long for it to respond to some fresh dirt in a 5 gal? :hmmmm:

This was snagged from another site I visit:

But magnesium deficiency is not the only cause of leaf yellowing - a shortage of nitrogen can have similar symptoms, but this is MUCH less common as most of us routinely feed nitrogen-containing ferts. Some pests, such as red spider mite, can cause leaf yellowing, as can a whole host of viruses to which your ladies are susceptible. And don´t forget it is normal for the lowest leaves on the plant to yellow and die. They have done their job, and your buds are now being fed by the products of the photosynthesis being carried out by the fan leaves.

So if your taking care of your nutes, and they are not over-fertilized I think you should be fine, although it doesn't look right to me...

It could be rootbound. I was going by the 1ft.=1 gal rule

of thumb. I'm a little off but I don't have room in my cab for a 5 gal. bucket.

Would flushing it slow the yellowing?

"Hey everyone let me start out by telling you my setup.
I have a plant on Day 32 of Flowering.
It is in Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil (pH around 6.5)
150 HPS
Using Fox Farms Tiger Bloom fertilizer (2 Tbs/gal)
Temp: 80F"

Your first problem is that Fox Farms Tiger Bloom is 1 part of a 2 part fert system! without Fox farms Big Bloom it's an incomplete nutrient=>)

Here's a link to their feeding schedule; https://foxfarmfertilizer.com/SoilSystems_FF_Feed.pdf

You could give it a good flush, then feed with 1/2 strength "flowering" nutes for a week or so. You're only about half way done flowering, and should start to withhold food in about 3 weeks anyway. Then the leaves should start to yellow.

The problem with a transplant at this stage is that the new soil will be loaded with nutrients. So if you're going to do it, try a soilless mix that has no added nutes. The extra space would be good for the roots to expand.

Great looking "spike" by the way!

Akorn

Thanks for the help everyone I'm gonna get some Big Bloom and see what happens with the right nutrient mix and maybe a nice flush.

maybe I'm the only one who thought this, but 1 1/2 to 2 cups of water every 3 days is not much water. I normally water an average of at least 2 or 3 times that amount, every 3 days, for plants in the same size container.

Back
Top Bottom