Normando's First Grow Auto Candy Kush(125w CFL, indoor soil)

Normando

Hello everyone, just posting on my very first grow ever! I originally wasn't going to do a journal because I've never grown weed or any other plant and didn't want to expose my failures but decided not only was it gonna help my learning curve but I can also get advice from more experienced growers. I also wanted a detailed log of how my grow was doing and figured if I was gonna do one anyway I might aswell put it up here.

So I have a 3x2x4 grow box. That's from bottom to top and I have (1) 125w CFL grow light at 6500k for veg. I also have the equivalent in 2700 for flowering an the lights are on a fixture with a reflector on it. Tent is lined with mylar and I got a computer fan for ventilation aswell as a little fan for when the seed pops to blow on the plant. Odor is not an issue for me since I live in a house with roommates who smoke. An the small grow space I plan on maybe 2 plants at most but for now just going with 1 so I don't have a carbon filter. Temp is around 77F, (from The States so sorry in the future for measurements and temps.) Humidity is a little dry but I figure optimal doesn't mean MUST and its at 35rh for my grow tent. I figure with a plant growing and me watering the humidity will go up anyway. I also have a tray with gravel on the bottom for drainage and hopefully creates more humidity from the moisture on the rocks. I'm going to grab a ph meter either today or Friday but I used Fox Farm organic for soil so I'm sure I'll be fine but just to be safe and I need one anyway. I'm getting one to double as a Moisture tester hence why I don't have one yet as my local stores don't even carry them for soil. :( I got to order and wait for it to arrive unless I'd like the high-tech $199 one but its not in the budget. So by the latest Friday on that. Potter is 3 gallon with drain holes and tray as mentioned.

Seeds are from herbies. First time buying them and as they are not legal in the country but legal in the state I wasn't sure how that would be since there overseas. But I got them and there Candy Kush Auto from Auto Seeds. Mix between the main 3 (S/I/R), thc is reported high so im assuming 20-25%(maybe hoping) and is said to harvest 65-75 days from seed. I choose this seed because of the auto part, again first grow ever. The high yield and thc content is important because as I'm not an (official)caregiver, I do care for myself and I do have limited grow space. An its supposed to taste great! It looks nice aswell but It's strictly personal so It can grow brown for all I care(still hoping for picture quality tho :))

Right now the seeds are germinating I got 2. 1 I planted right in the soil medium with wrap on top to create the globe moisture effect and another 1 i placed in damp napkins inside a container with a lid in my attic vent. I'm aware that the wrap can cause mold cause of the humidity so I've been keeping an eye out on the planter as for the napkin 1 Its only been germinating for about 8 hours. I'm so nervous and giddy like I'm a child waiting for xmas. Side note I don't have kids but I understand how mothers love there child. I already love my seeds and didn't even realize it I said if my plant wont drink it neither will I today when offered a soda. But the second seed germination was just outta anxiousness fearing my plant wouldn't germinate because they must have x-rayed my seeds and killed em so I had to try and germinate the second 1 for that reason. I know it sounds stupid because it is an just couldn't wait. But hopefully all is well I figured I'd put pictures up after I get a sprout and I'm open to input. I know its early in the grow but I really wanted a log to look back on. I've read hundreds of grows on this site and numerous others to learn and get me started but I can only soak up so much....hahaha....if you didn't get it sorry but yea btw the name is pronounced NOR-MON-DOH the middle is like saying man in a Jamaican accent. Thanks!

Thank you! An from reading(because I've literally spent weeks reading waiting on my supplies) this site seems to be the most consistent with knowledgeable growers. Has lots of great information and most importantly constructive positive criticism unlike other sites, not to drop a few site names but I'm more then confident with my choice of advice/grow forum.

So after work came to check on the seeds. The one in the damp napkin has popped but only very slightly so I'll wait til morning to plant just to be on the safer side and the 1 planted directly in soil is yet to come up but not to worried as its only been 3 days. For now I guess the plan is 2 plants, better get more lights!

Happy camper as the seed planted in soil sprouted out! Very stoked about this.
IMAG007225.jpg

Update, both my babies are doing fine. Had a heat scare as I'm using CFL for lights I didn't expect heat stress but It happened so I lowered her. Shes starting to flatten out but since its an auto hopefully I didn't stress her too bad. She seams to not mind tho as I take pictures everyday and shes getting bigger and bigger. This is Maddie, we just went threw the heating situation but hopefully nothing was harmed too badly. Btw can anyone let me know about the yellowing. Its not as yellow as the pic looks im just assuming the Cfl lighting just enhances the brightness but my ph was a tad higher then its supposed to so I think its nute lock-out? But the yellowing is literally like a lime green and its only in the center not on outer leaves or anything. An the heat stress was literally within 48 hours so like I said recovering. Start of day 12
IMAG010117.jpg

Update! So 47 days total and were at day 17 flowering on my ladies. It seems there flowering at different speeds tho? They are auto's so they do flower whenever they choose but I planted them 2 days apart and the younger one seems to be flowering faster? Anyway pics.
IMAG020916.jpg
This is the older one she seems to have more leaves aswell as more nodes and a lil smaller.
IMAG021014.jpg
Younger one, taller more hair can see better bud development.
IMAG021116.jpg

It was amazing. Were legal now so we do sample the dispensary medication and its asgood if not better then some of the top shelf. As for the high it was very sativa head high at first then just all around body stone high. I think il let it grow a week longer next time as they were only about 10% amber. Go for like 15% and that will be just the ticket for me because the high was too aggressive head high to start with.

Back
Top Bottom