NORML Press Advisory: US Lawmakers To Hold Capitol Hill Press Conference Tomorrow To

Jimbo

July 29th, 2008 By: Paul Armentano, NORML Deputy Director

WHAT: Congressman Barney Frank (D-MA) and other House members will convene a press conference on Wednesday, June 30, in support of legislation to remove federal penalties for personal marijuana use, and take questions from the media.

HR 5843, An Act To Remove Federal Penalties for the Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults, seeks eliminate federal penalties for possession of up to 100 grams of marijuana, and for the not-for-profit transfer of up to one ounce of marijuana.

Representatives from the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML), the Drug Policy Alliance (DPA) and the Marijuana Policy Project (MPP) will also participate in this press conference.

WHEN: Wednesday, July 30, 2008 at 10:00am
WHERE: Room 2220 Rayburn House Office Building
CONTACT: R. Keith Stroup, NORML Legal Counsel, at (202) 483-5500.

NORML Blog Blog Archive NORML Press Advisory: US Lawmakers To Hold Capitol Hill Press Conference Tomorrow To Urge Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition

Re: NORML Press Advisory: US Lawmakers To Hold Capitol Hill Press Conference Tomorrow

I really hopes this goes well.

Wrote my congressman about this and two months later still no response. He is a Rep. who voted no for legalization not too long ago so I guess I shouldnt expect much.

This has a lot of potenial to be a much needed step in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom