NORML Responds To White House's 'Potent Pot' Scare Campaign

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Washington, DC: Data published this week by the University of Mississippi's Marijuana Potency Monitoring Project indicating an increase in the strength of cannabis' primary psychoactive ingredient THC is further evidence of the failure of criminal pot prohibition, NORML Executive Director Allen St. Pierre said today.

"The federal government spends billions of dollars each year enforcing criminal marijuana laws and what does it have to show for it: more marijuana users, greater marijuana availability, and stronger pot," he said.

St. Pierre added, however, that more potent marijuana is not necessarily more dangerous. "Marijuana poses no risk of fatal overdose, regardless of THC content," he said. "In addition, studies indicate that cannabis consumers readily distinguish between high and low potency marijuana and moderate their use accordingly, just as an alcohol consumer would drink fewer ounces of (high potency) bourbon than they would ounces of (low potency) beer."

St. Pierre also denied claims that the availability of stronger cannabis was responsible for the rise in so-called "marijuana treatment" admissions. "The overwhelming majority of young people in the US referred to 'treatment' for marijuana are there because they violated state pot laws, not because they or their loved ones believed they were suffering ill effects from cannabis," he said. "In reality, this surge in treatment admissions is an outgrowth of enhanced marijuana law enforcement, not enhanced marijuana potency."

For more information, please contact Allen St. Pierre, NORML Executive Director, at (202) 483-5500 or Paul Armentano, NORML Senior Policy Analyst, at paul@norml.org.

News Hawk- User 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: NORML
Copyright: NORML
Website: NORML Responds To White House's 'Potent Pot' Scare Campaign - NORML

You know i dont see why they cant legalize it, how many people have died of an od?, exactly none.Its a natural herb, just becuase you get high off of it.Tobacco is worse than marijuana, id rathert lose a few brain cells than die from breathing in all the shit they put in ciggarrettes.At least pot doesnt have tar in it.just think, people use natural herbs in tea, might as well make tea illegal.
-peace :bongrip:

^I love to hear it said, but better than saying something is doing something about it. Change peoples views about weed in your community, smoke a J in front of waffle house then go in and have a good meal to show people that you can smoke and handle yourself accordingly.

You know i dont see why they cant legalize it, how many people have died of an od?, exactly none.Its a natural herb, just becuase you get high off of it.Tobacco is worse than marijuana, id rathert lose a few brain cells than die from breathing in all the shit they put in ciggarrettes.At least pot doesnt have tar in it.just think, people use natural herbs in tea, might as well make tea illegal.
-peace :bongrip:

Ha , no tar in pot, bro you are so confused. look at the roach, all brown and oil covered, or the inside of your smoking device, covered in tar. you are right though no one has died from OD.. and as for the guy who said no brain cells die from pot use, any time you breath in the fumes/smoke from something/anything burning there are carsonogens that kill cells in your whole body, including your brain and lungs.
The point I am making is that when they start in on propaganda that is based on fear and misunderstanding not facts, we can not do the same and claim bullshit that is just not true. we hurt our own fight, so please don't make shit up .. It make you just as bad or worse than them.

^I love to hear it said, but better than saying something is doing something about it. Change peoples views about weed in your community, smoke a J in front of waffle house then go in and have a good meal to show people that you can smoke and handle yourself accordingly.

This dude has the right idea! set an example for stoners everywhere, be responsible, polite and get hella blazed.

Ha , no tar in pot, bro you are so confused. look at the roach, all brown and oil covered, or the inside of your smoking device, covered in tar. you are right though no one has died from OD.. and as for the guy who said no brain cells die from pot use, any time you breath in the fumes/smoke from something/anything burning there are carsonogens that kill cells in your whole body, including your brain and lungs.
The point I am making is that when they start in on propaganda that is based on fear and misunderstanding not facts, we can not do the same and claim bullshit that is just not true. we hurt our own fight, so please don't make shit up .. It make you just as bad or worse than them.

Alright srry 4 being wrong I thought this was a site where u could say ur own opinion, otherwise i wouldnt have got a profile on here, u can tell me im wrong but plz dont b an asswhole?

any time you breath in the fumes/smoke from something/anything burning there are carsonogens that kill cells in your whole body, including your brain and lungs.

With respect, I'd love to see the results of the study that deduced this. I find this generalization questionable...ya know, since we're tying to be real here. :cheesygrinsmiley: :peace:

The Marijuana Laws that will change in the years ahead of us will be brought forth by education and information that many individuals and group alliances have lobbied for over the past decades, and will continue to do so. Our rights to participate in helping to educate and provide accurate based information can be used in various ways of showing support for the wide scope of reforming Cannabis laws both at Federal and State levels.
The many different varieties of cannabis strains these days, and the potency differences and effects of each strain, goes to a parrallel of a good grape grower who finishes his product off by making wine, champagne, of all different varieites & potencies, they pay taxes on their products and are regulated by government.

Back
Top Bottom