420 Magazine Background

Northern Berry - SOG - 4x4 Tent - 700W LED

ORYGUNGROWN

New Member
:welcome:
So, I'm experimenting with Sea of Green (SOG) in a 4x4 tent using double big gulps (DBG) as pots under 700w of LED. Usually I'm a SCROG and HPS kinda guy but it's time to experiment :thumb:

To start, DBGs can hold 1.89 litres of soil/medium, damn close to a #3 pot. My thought process in this is that the roots will have more room to grow down rather than out and being much skinner pots I can comfortably stack 60 in a 4x4 tent. That being said, I drilled about 10-12 holes in the bottom of the DBGs along with about 2-3 inches of hydro clay balls at the bottom of each cup to assist with drainage. filled the rest of the cup with Down To Earth (DTE) grow medium (about 1.5 litres after clay balls) mixed with a healthy dose of DTE Granular Root Zone Mycorrhizal Fungi.

Got the genetics from Grumpy Gardens, Northern Berry is a cross between Northern Lights #5 x DJ Short Blueberry. She flowers for 60ish days. Suppose to be large single colas(info from Grumpy Gardens and Leafly)

About 85% of the clones have vibrant/healthy root structure, the other 15% or so weren't bad, just noticeably less vibrant than majority of others.

Transplanted 60 from solo cups to DBG, checked 10 HRS later and all were reaching for the sun lookin happy as can be.

Ill be brewing up the girls first round of tea tonight and will update with pictures after first feeding.

:Namaste::420:
 

420Amard

New Member
Subbed cause i like 711 ^_^

Have you thought of adding a few holes along the sides of the "cup" as well to stimulate more root growth kinda like a ghetto air pot. Also what are the diameter of the dbg's would cut 2 liter pop bottles give you more room and have more stable bottoms??
 

MaxYields

New Member
Subbed, this is going to be an awesome Journal!!! :thumb:

Subbed cause i like 711 ^_^

Have you thought of adding a few holes along the sides of the "cup" as well to stimulate more root growth kinda like a ghetto air pot. Also what are the diameter of the dbg's would cut 2 liter pop bottles give you more room and have more stable bottoms??

I did the same thing with the bottom half of a bleach container, it works SO well, its honestly unbelievable.

IMG_4079_2.jpg


I abused the shit out of this Auto, and it has outperformed every other one yet. It even got an inch of snow on top of it when it had 1 set of 3-bladed leaves. haha....
 

ORYGUNGROWN

New Member
So I fed them Saturday with a tea I made using all Down To Earth products.
2 tbsp bat guano at 9-3-1
1 tbsp fish bone meal at 3-16-0
2 tbsp kelp meal at 1-0.1-2
2 tbs fish meal at 8-6-0
2 tsp Down to Earth Soluble Root Growth enhancer
In 2 gallons of water

Fed each plant evenly by eye.. so not exact
I will be feeding every other water
Will put soluble root growth enhancer and coconut water in regular watering though.

Thoughts?

Aerated for 24 hrs until activated(foam builds up) good bacteria rule!
 

Dan Ultra

New Member
I take it your pics are the ones in the Big Gulps? Your link goes to the entire 420 photo gallery. It is a lot easier to just post them directly here on your journal. Just click the "My Photos" tab in the bottom left corner of the reply box. Then you can just click on your uploaded photos and it will insert them into your post.

How old are these little ones that seems like a lot of nutes no?

I agree! Do you happen to know what your PPM was when you fed? That seems like an awful lot. Also, are those clear cups?
 

David Bowman

New Member
Hi ORYGUNGROWN,

Thank you for using the 420 Magazine photo upload process. I've embedded your recent photo into the post so that it is visible to everyone without having to click on a link. There are several ways to embed photos in posts. Personally, I use the "My Photos" button at the bottom left side of the post text input window to embed photos into my posts.

Greenest Regards,
Colorado High
 

ORYGUNGROWN

New Member
The little ones are about a week old, grumpy gardens told me this strain likes a lot of food. It seems like the girls love it, seeing thew growth this morning. I did burn two of the smallest girls(ones about 3 inches tall) but all others at 5-10 inches seem to be loving life.
 

ORYGUNGROWN

New Member
Yes, they're clear, they're double big gulps. Not sure what the ppm was but the ph was 6.2. Fed them a lot because I was told they can handle it. Do you guys think I should make a weaker batch?
 

ORYGUNGROWN

New Member
I am replacing two of the smallest girls tho, I grabbed some northern lights #5 cuts from my work last night that are just suburb.
 
Top Bottom