Northern Lights & Amnesia Haze Auto Fem grow - When to harvest

Cap3550

First time grower. 7 weeks into my grow on both Northern Lights and Amnesia Haze. All plants are 3.5'-4' and flowering nicely. The seed description say 8 weeks before harvest. Wondering what I should be looking for before I start cutting branches and drying out the buds. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Re: Northern Lights/Amnesia Haze Auto Fem grow - when to harvest

Hey man I'm a rookie myself but have studied and read a lot so I do know what to look for since nobody has chimed in yet. The white orange pistils should start to pull back and not appear as wispy for one, but the best way is to look at the trichomes on the buds through a jeweler's loupe or some sort of magnification (preferably 30x or greater). If they are clear it's not ready. They will start to turn amber when she's mature so look for that. Usually they say more amber= more couchlock buzz & just turning amber= more of a heady buzz but that's obviously depending on strain. Just don't let them go too much past when they're all amber or the THC levels will start to decline. Hope that helps good luck!

Don't trust what the description says, trust your own eyes . you can post some pictures as well, it can help people to say their opinion

Thanks guys....I did some research yesterday on growweedeasy.com and bought a jewelers loupe which I'll have in a couple of days. That site has some good information.

Good call on pictures, I'll get some up tomorrow. They are looking mighty tasty. I have 5 plants going, 3 Northern Light and 2 amnesia haze, and a couple are clearly ahead of the others.

Wheres your northern lights from?

Ive been growing northern lights from nirvana for about 3 years and i always go well past their recommended flower time.

All the advice given is spot on

Wheres your northern lights from?

Ive been growing northern lights from nirvana for about 3 years and i always go well past their recommended flower time.

All the advice given is spot on

I got my seeds from king crop seeds. Northern Lights and Amnesia Haze. Can't complain. All sprouted no problem. Ordered 5 seeds of each strand and they probably sent me 8-9 of each so I have extra for next grow.

If ur using app scroll down to bottom of screen to where "+" , "write a reply" is. If u hit + it will pull up paper clip, etc. for attachments below where you type in your comment. I had the same problem and still can't figure out how to link my journal in my signature! Just keep commenting on my own journal so I have some sort of record....

420-magazine-mobile368871621.jpg
. Thanks.....this is a quick pic of the Amnesia Haze. See if the post works.

Looking really good looks like they're fattening up still have a bit to go tho judging by pistils. Keep doing what you're doing I'd say and wait on that loupe

From the looks of that picture you have a ways to go.
Never grown that strain but from the pictures theres no orange hairs in sight.
Im sure theres alot of clear trichomes too.

Great bud development

420-magazine-mobile15952840.jpg
. Better overall look. Having never done this before I now realize 5 plants is too much for my tent and I need to trade in my 4' tall tent for a 7' one. Buds are still growing nicely though.

420-magazine-mobile1533386093.jpg

This better? New gorilla tent. Was hoping to hold off until my next grow but it wasn't too expensive and arrived via amazon in a day.

420-magazine-mobile1206161594.jpg

White hairs are slowly turning amber. Still waiting on the trichomes to turn. Hard to be patient because they look and smell so good. What do you think?
420-magazine-mobile75183541.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1980820281.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2097006642.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1129557103.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1925598779.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1579720073.jpg

Northern Lights & Amnesia Haze Auto Fem grow - When to harvest

White hairs are slowly turning amber. Still waiting on the trichomes to turn. Hard to be patient because they look and smell so good. What do you think?
420-magazine-mobile75183541.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1980820281.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2097006642.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1129557103.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1925598779.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1579720073.jpg

They look very nice! Congratulations dude...

How many weeks into flowering? Did you start counting flowering days from the time you switch 12/12 or when cotton heads started to show up?

Re: Northern Lights & Amnesia Haze Auto Fem grow - When to harvest

Probably a good 2-3 weeks into flowering....to be honest I didn't really keep track since this is mt first time. Learning on the go. What I do know is that the seeds I bought said 7-9 weeks before harvesting and they'll be at 9 weeks on Sunday and I'm guessing I'll need to go another week before I can start drying.

Back
Top Bottom