Northern Lights Auto Flower - Soil - Indoors - 400W

Corleone8

Starting this journal for anyone that wants to follow along, but more importantly; so that I can harvest tips.
Its my first grow. Had 10 seeds, germinated 1, this it her below.
Im on day 21. Sorry for the late post.
For the record, I put the seed in tap water for 18 hours, (didn't air the water to get rid of clorene,)
After that just paper toweled it for 4 days until it had a 1 inch sprout.
The dirt has no neuts, just a bag of soil.
Put it about 3/4 of an inch below soil level. Took 3 days to sprout up. Was getting worried but she showed up lol.
Im using a 5 gallon pale. Brand new.
I have a 400W MH light over it. Will switch to hps once it stops vegging.
I have no fan yet, because the giant bag of dirt didn't fill the bucket enough so its below the rim still after 3 weeks. My bad.
I water it too frequently I think. The soil always looks moist so Im backing off the water to let its dry a bit more. Its been about a 1/2 Liter a day...ish. (0.12 gallons)
But there is a lot of dirt.
Seems happy enough. Nodes are a little spaced....guessing the damn light is too high. Might let it grow towards it until it hits about 20cm away. ( 8 inches.)
Is that too close?
I gave it a 1/8th dose of 15,5,5 today with her 1/2 litre of water. ( mixed at 1L but didnt use a full Liter)

She looks great, what you’ve done so far is working well. Don’t try to second guess yourself and do things that aren’t needed at this point. If you go to other grow journals and join in more people will see you and it will increase traffic on your own journal. Cheers!

Hey.....where the beer or bud??? :popcorn:

So its been 2 days. Had some unusual screw ups and mishaps.
Yesterday my mh bulb died. Had a back up, but lost a few hours of its light cycle. 5 hour down time til I caught it. The best part is, or worst part, depending on your sense of humor, when I replaced the bulb, I noticed the hood had a knob on it. Set to 200W instead of 400W. So Ive had it at half Watts this whole time.....but consodering its just the one plant, 200W was probably fine....probably lol.
So Im double the brightness now, and up and running back on my 18/6 cycle.
Plant looks good. Soil is fine. Good response to that 15,5,5 1/8th dose 2 days ago.

Will do. Should I raise the light 6 inches or so to compensate? Also, the branches that are growing out of the single finger leaf nodes...should I remove them and the single finger leaves, or just let em do their thing?

Okay, so day 26 and I need some help. Plant has been a bit droopy for 2 days, and I have some yellowing on the bottom leaves. Growth is normal. I had backed off of watering a little, and one night it looked really thirsty. Perked back up over night with some water. But it still is a but droopy, and I noticed some yellowing.
I have only fed it a small dose of nuted one time....bad reaction?
I did double the light intensity from 200w to 400w....maybe heat issue?
Watering from the top not getting deep enough?
I can't diagnose this properly, and cam add more pics from whatever angel as requested.
Any thoughts are welcome.

Back
Top Bottom