Northern lights auto (RSQ) guerrilla grow tips

Guerrilla OG

Hey guys I'm going to be growing five northern lights auto soon and I'd like some advice on my setup. This is my first grow ever but after reading many forums and a book i think i have a good idea of how to make this work.

I'm planning on using 10 gallon smart pots or root pouches and planting the seedlings directly into them after they germinate. The plants can grow to 160 cm but do you guys think 10 gallons is overkill? I want to ensure that the roots have plenty space and that growth can reach its full potential. Also should i start with a smaller pot and transplant or will that stunt growth because they are autos?

As for my medium i plan on using FFOF and adding a few tablespoons of dolomite lime, some AM Mycorrhizae, and possible throwing in some polymer absorbing crystals. I have heard that OF will be too hot for the seedlings so i think i will either mix 1:1 with happy frog, or just layer the top 6 inches with happy frog. Any other suggestions on the medium and any other additives that might be beneficial? Also how much mycorrhizae should i add and where can i buy it because i can't find it at any local gardening stores.

As for nutes i don't think i will be using any because i've heard that FFOF has plenty. I might end up using some kind of bloom later in flowering though i haven"t decided.

My grow spot is in Florida and gets tons of light, i don't know if that will help with advice. thanks.

10 gallons is an overkill, 5 gallon pots will be more than enough for autos. As far as your soil mix is concerned I don't really know it, but you have to make sure it's not too hot. I usually plant my seeds in very light soil mix (compost + sand + some light organic additives), but I do not grow autos. Hope that helps.

FFOF is real hot for seedlings. Cut it 3 to 1 and then transplant in a 1 to 1 mix. That 1 to 1 mix will easily last 30 days before you have to add nutes.

Good luck on your grow!

Oh a great choice! I have 5 beauties- grown from seed - about two weeks from harvest! Short little buggers 30 inches, in 4 gallons of potting soil. I cut the massive main cola first, after 8 weeks of flowering- they were in veg for 5 weeks--along with the colas at the end of the many branches, about 14 of them. Then I hit it with some more bloom fert, 1/2 strength and wait two more weeks for the other buds to thicken and ripen. It works. I get about 3.5 ounces per plant. Make sure that main cola gets a lot of air on it the last three weeks and after harvest while drying -it can easily mold if you don't because it is so damned thick
I put mine in Miracle Gro Moisture control potting soil. N/L thrives in it. You do NOT need to fertilize until in the bloom cycle- they will BURN if you do,trust me! and the coconut coir absorbs moisture like a sponge so no messy runoff at the bottom and no need for a tray even

Back
Top Bottom