Northern Lights Auto: took 8 weeks to the day to flower

Vinny133

My first auto. Plant very healthy, bushy and lots of buds. Stalk as thick as my thumb but only 16” tall. Not sure if it was something I did wrong just a goofy sample. Took twice the time to flower than expected. Growing in coco amended with Giai Green organic, Optic 1 Cree Cobb LEDs, temps 70’s, Hm 50%. 18/6 light/dark. Anyone else ever have an auto take that long?
9B428291-27B2-4E5B-B4AD-67AFD8D4C28B.jpeg

I think I have read when people train there autos that it is best to get one with a long veg period so I would imagine it is perfectly normal but i'm sure eventually someone who knows more will say something. Them being healthy is what counts.

Perhaps a super auto strain? The breeder and strain may help. Someone may have grown it before and can relate their experience and recollections.

Nice Widow... 400 grams per plant is doable with the right elements in place; Light, Feed, PH levels etc. god luck!

Its doable just not that plant.. as a complete new grower, I really screwed here. She's 35 days old, and about 4 inches..saved her by reading a really old thread asking for help on 16 day dead wwa..its pretty funny

Wow... 35 days old; she's failed to thrive. If for experimental purpose's sake, I'd transplant to a different planter with high porosity medium ; then mind the amount of watering ( We don't want to over water/feed ) and just let it run its course; you never know it could grow quite a bit during the flowering stretch but i"d wouldn't put too much effort if it fails to pre-bud... Just a thought.

Hello Vinny nice looking lady there! I wanted to ask you how the grownin coco and Gaia green dry ammendments treated ya. Mine went horribly wrong and ended up switching over to general hydroponics for my nutes. If you don’t mind telling me what your watering schedule is for your coco and dry ammendments. I started watching Mr. Canucks grow and never could duplicate what he does with the coco and dry amendments. Thanks and whatever you did seemed to work

Hello Vinny nice looking lady there! I wanted to ask you how the grownin coco and Gaia green dry ammendments treated ya. Mine went horribly wrong and ended up switching over to general hydroponics for my nutes. If you don’t mind telling me what your watering schedule is for your coco and dry ammendments. I started watching Mr. Canucks grow and never could duplicate what he does with the coco and dry amendments. Thanks and whatever you did seemed to work

I do follow the Mr. Canucks Grow process. Mine struggled at first because he doesn’t elaborate on watering. Another guy on YouTube “Grow Pot Cheaply” gave me the missing piece which is quite simple. Don’t water coco like you would soil which was what I was doing. You will get worse results than soil. I water every 1-2 days to the point of run off ever time and they have been thriving ever since. I also add CalMag every other of watering or so. Coco is hydro, treat as hydro. I’m by no means a pro but this seems to work well for me.

Ending week 6 in two days. Frosty as hell, strong smell, starting to consume itself but not a simple amber trichome.

This is a Northern Lights auto from Crop King Seeds.

Attachments

• C9603CF2-A5D7-45ED-B397-6C29D2C409B2.jpeg
    C9603CF2-A5D7-45ED-B397-6C29D2C409B2.jpeg
    837 KB · Views: 300
  • 2F468BCB-DA25-4DE1-A1A9-984AEC64DD3D.jpeg
    2F468BCB-DA25-4DE1-A1A9-984AEC64DD3D.jpeg
    401.8 KB · Views: 259
Vinny I agree with that watering schedule. I wasn’t doing it when I first started with the dry amendments. I was treating it like soil. Ever since I switched to the GH nite line I’ve been watering everyday until runoff. And I’m also using cal mag. I will try another few plants in the next grow with the dry amendments. Most of my problems were just being a nervous beginner. Thanks for the great info!

I do follow the Mr. Canucks Grow process. Mine struggled at first because he doesn’t elaborate on watering. Another guy on YouTube “Grow Pot Cheaply” gave me the missing piece which is quite simple. Don’t water coco like you would soil which was what I was doing. You will get worse results than soil. I water every 1-2 days to the point of run off ever time and they have been thriving ever since. I also add CalMag every other of watering or so. Coco is hydro, treat as hydro. I’m by no means a pro but this seems to work well for me.

I refuse to watch this Mr Canuck character!!

The amount of people I've seen in the last few months with all sorts of dramas because Mr Canuck says treat Coco like soil.

Put stuff in it.

Top dress it.

Use soil nutrients .

Don't pH anything.

Only water in tiny amounts, never water to run off and always let the media dry out between waterings.

All the things you DONT want to do with a soiless grow.

Again, I've never watched any of his videos, .,. . .

But..

from the amount of dramas he causes around here that are incredibly hard to fix....
How the hell do you flush a pot full of Coco that's got half a dozen amendments that will get stronger the more you water???
Absolute madness mate. And that's comming from a guy who used to be a professional haggis breeder ;)

I refuse to watch this Mr Canuck character!!

The amount of people I've seen in the last few months with all sorts of dramas because Mr Canuck says treat Coco like soil.

Put stuff in it.

Top dress it.

Use soil nutrients .

Don't pH anything.

Only water in tiny amounts, never water to run off and always let the media dry out between waterings.

All the things you DONT want to do with a soiless grow.

Again, I've never watched any of his videos, .,. . .

But..

from the amount of dramas he causes around here that are incredibly hard to fix....
How the hell do you flush a pot full of Coco that's got half a dozen amendments that will get stronger the more you water???
Absolute madness mate. And that's comming from a guy who used to be a professional haggis breeder ;)
Lols... each to his own I guess. With all due respect, he does PH and his final product looks excellent. My personal experience with his process in conjunction with regular watering, I’m having good results so far. In addition to the NL above, I have a very hearty, healthy Amnesia Haze auto doing very well and flowered on time, it’s 5 weeks old. This is my first grow. Next run, will try FF soil. Downside with coco is the amount of water I need to prep for just two plants, it’s a hassle.

Attachments

• 19D2AE5D-4224-4199-8225-19FB40910BEA.jpeg
    19D2AE5D-4224-4199-8225-19FB40910BEA.jpeg
    883.2 KB · Views: 213
  • 9A8A6C8A-061B-4F18-9E86-FFD01979529A.jpeg
    9A8A6C8A-061B-4F18-9E86-FFD01979529A.jpeg
    792.8 KB · Views: 265
Back
Top Bottom