Northern Lights - Building An Army

Yes jlt, McL is right. You can just bury that stem and it will eventually root, just like cloning. I like to have my first branches close the top of the grow media, so I 'lower' my plants at transplant as a matter of routine. I think I got the habit because I'm always trying to keep the plants as short as possible, so every inch counts!

I also will transplant them at an angle if I don't like the way the clone is growing. If the plant's growth is heavier on one side, I'll put the main trunk off center in the pot. Transplanting offers many techniques to influence the future shape of the plant and to correct undesired growth patterns, such as those introduced through LST (or other manipulations) or an odd shaped branched used to clone.

I think some growers are afraid of shocking their plant during transplant. You can minimize shock by disturbing the root mass as little as possible. In my experience, a plant may stall for a day after transplant, often not at all, but after that, the growth rate will increase substantially as it 'finds' the new space for it's roots and the fresh new soil. The extra techniques above won't add to the stress, but they will certainly influence where/how that new growth occurs on the plant!

The plant is hardy. It will recover amazingly well from major trauma. If you're cloning, try out those crazy ideas you have! The worst that happens is it doesn't work, or just takes too long. There are always more clones. :)

I have found the opposite to be true! I acually have had good success with cuting my root beds open when transplanting, then i will sprinkle great white inside the cuts and allover the bed. ive done these with all transplants and have had great success, it may set it back a bit but it is worth it for the root growth i have goin : )

IMG_036617.JPG

you're right jlt. :Namaste:

I wasn't saying you shouldn't disrupt the root ball. I usually cut off the bottom inch and slice up the sides, especially if it's root bound. That will stall them, but if the plant was already healthy, it's only a day or two, and then they explode.

hows the troops coming along?
I have been playing with airpots for a couple of years now and have been getting great results using Mycos like Great White but I use Coreys (Blue Planet Nutrients) "Root Magic" works great for like a 1/4 the price:)
DSCN8497.JPG
DSCN8498.JPG
photo-244.JPG

Sorry for posting pics on your thread bro

hows the troops coming along?
I have been playing with airpots for a couple of years now and have been getting great results using Mycos like Great White but I use Coreys (Blue Planet Nutrients) "Root Magic" works great for like a 1/4 the price:)
Sorry for posting pics on your thread bro

np man i do that shit to pll all the time ; P gets the point accross to pll you read that may not know what root magic is,

i was thinking of giving it a try because i use green planet ATM and they dont have there own Mycorr so i can switch around, i have done alot with and some without great white and honestly i can not tell the diffrence in the ones i did or didnt do it to, so i dont think it hurts but i have been just using the bare min atm to save $.

once i run out i min-as-well try that out lol

added some veggies to the veg room (now im legit ; P) going to let them get fat before i plant in outdoor garden im going to make with a pallet, ill probly post the how to on here because im going to build a greenhouse attachment to it so to keep animals and pests out.

photo379.JPG

image_118.jpeg

got room almost full, had to move the big girls out to the flower room, thinking of saying f it and just puting all three intoflower and making one of the clones into a mother down the road, right now i got so many plants and no room to house them so think i need to mover out of veg, could fit 8 more in there place so think thats my next move.

image_218.jpeg

image49.jpeg

THE three northern lights that are in the pic, (one has a tomato cage on her), they are in 10 gal smart pots and the clones are all in 5gal bags atm, MITE move them to a 10 gall later but not sure yet, im experimenting with the tomato cages and if i do it with next batch then i would beable to have bigger pots and i can just control the canopy to the cage : )

Just had a brain fart, though of mabe puting chicken wire on top or on each stage and scroging them through,,,,,, idk tho if i want to put that much time in to them lol mabe next run ill give it a shot : P

dude i got thos barrel movers for 8$ at homedepot and thos work great for 5-10gal pots, they hold up to 200 lbs, so in most pll's cases, if you can lift it, it can hold it hahah they make moving them around for watering, feeding, or so i can work on sections of the room at a time : )

image_218.jpeg

u set the drainpan and the plant on top of them and your good to go!

work great, going to make bigger ones for the 15gals, these dont have long enuf arms and the pan bends over the edge of them.

HERE IS A UPDATE ON THE CLONES!

from the clones i posted at the begining of the thread i got them now transplanted and are starting to show me some good growth and are getting taller at the moment : )

image_2_1_2.jpeg
image_1_1_2.jpeg
image_1_12.jpeg
image_314.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom