Northern Lights - Building An Army

jlt1202

NORTHERN LIGHTS GROW FROM START!

I have been cloning my mother plants and got 7 clones that have taken off and are now put into soil, here is some images of them before after their transplant : )

image_74.jpeg
image_46.jpeg
image_38.jpeg
image_1_2_1.jpeg
image_211.jpeg
image_110.jpeg

each cup i drilled holes in and filled with mixed soil and stuck in my veg room the other day.

photo358.JPG
image_55.jpeg
image_210.jpeg

now i have them set up in the room as you see in the pic i have 2 lamps directed toward them, and in the room there are a total of 6 t12 size fluorescent bulbs that laminate the room itself.

image_110.jpeg
image_211.jpeg
image38.jpeg

Here is a better picture of how the room is set up for the time being, i am planning on adding a t5 with 6 bulbs in the next couple weeks. ATM though i have 3 t12 fixtures with 2 blue spectrum bulbs that you can see on the stand with the small fan attached (had to custom build that)

IMG_034118.JPG

The Three plants ^above are the mothers for the clones that were cut.

DEFOLIATION

Doing it right?

Just took one of my notherlights girls and trimed her up because there geting all messy so thought i would give defoliation a shot.

Here is a before/after pic let me know what you guys think, to little, not enough, right on lol let me know what good!

photo360.JPG
image40.jpeg

That looks fine to me. You're probably more towards the heavier end of the defoliation spectrum, but it's still fine. That plant is gonna go nuts now.

There really is no right or wrong way. If you do to little, your plant will still be fine. It may just be a little less bushy and the lower sites may not develop as well. If you are more towards the "too much" end of the spectrum, you may just stall the plant a little longer. Heavy defoliation will always stall the plant a little while it shifts resources from making those large leaves to growing out the branch at that node. In veg growth, the defoliation is more about increasing branching and slowing vertical growth. In flower it's about getting light to bud sites. That's what I keep in mind when I do it.

Soo MY partner was over yesterday and wanted to do some work so he replanted all the clones in from the cups into 5gal bags with pro mix and the michigan soil mix too. then i watered them up with lil feed and they should be going nuts by monday if all goes well : )

photo362.JPG
image42.jpeg

^ got the veg room pretty full now.... just need to get the t5 and an induction in here : )

Good catch! Charlie Brown Christmas! Looking good. Lots of perlite it appears? !! I'm still buying from the empire and using FFOF. The Blue Planet Nutrients work great with it. Easy for me to buy and plant quickly.. Plus I use it for my veg garden.

Planted a couple seed that i had from some product my freind grows and they started to take off..... idk if its a good or bad idea but seeing i have lil space i put the cups in with the bigger girls and seeding that the cups have holes for draining the extra runs off into the plant below (not that i water very often)

photo364.JPG

i saw a leaf poke out early in the morning and by the end of the day the lil guy is almost a inch tall, doing work!
image43.jpeg
image_112.jpeg

Here is a update on some of the seeds/clones i have in cups, the seeds are doing well, might have to get lights closer so they can stop stretching and make thicker leaves : )

image_311.jpeg
image_49.jpeg

so what your saying is when i transplant them out i should bury them lower then they are in cups? so that the stem u see now is covered up close to the first node on stem?

so what your saying is when i transplant them out i should bury them lower then they are in cups? so that the stem u see now is covered up close to the first node on stem?

If it's stretchin....flimsy stem......you can bury it as deep as you want to make it more rigid so you can get a good breeze goin on em and get them an:thumb: acceptable distance from the light to hold em down, decreased internodal spacing, HOWEVER, if you plan on burying a node, be sure to remove any branches or leaves that woul be buried also

Back
Top Bottom