Northern Lights In A Hempy Bucket - Flowering

mortimer

What we got here is a Royal Queens Auto Fem Northern Lights in a hempy bucket. Sprouted April 4 in a peat pellet. Transferred to bucket 10 days or so later. No hempy cup to start. Went straight to bucket. Using Hollands Secret for nutes and she is doing great as you can see. No more soil fer me. I will never go back. Pretty easy and foolproof and the results speak for themselves. This is growing in a closet with a 120w LED and a clip on fan. Temps around 80-82 with humidity at 40%. I did start a 12/12 cycle to quicken the flowering process even though its an autoflower. Just impatient I guess. Well she is flowering nicely and is very green and healthy. According to my research these can be very tall so I have begun to train her a bit. I go by this feeding schedule: feed-skip-feed-skip-flush and repeat. ph is around 5.8-6.1. Any thoughts or comments?

20120513_181137.jpg

20120513_181317.jpg

Re: Northern lights in a hempy bucket*flowering*

They lady looks healthy and happy, it seems it's ready to bloom. Enjoy your growth.

Looks great. Hempy is a good way to grow!

So far am loving it. She is giving me no problems and loving the routine. I really am very impressed with the hempy bucket. Passive hydro is working well for me. She is flowering nicely. More pics soon. Thanks for stopping in.

Looks great, but I was told that autos respond best to 18/6 or 20/4 lighting schedule but I'm no pro. We shall see the end results.
Started at 20/4 and cut to 12/12 for flowering. Well she's flowering now but I dont know if I should go back to 20/4 or not. Maybe too stressful?

Eighteen hours of light per day is recommended from start to finish. Switching light cycles down to twelve hours will diminish auto-flowering marijuanayields.

This is what I see under most topics when searching growing auto flowers.

Eighteen hours of light per day is recommended from start to finish. Switching light cycles down to twelve hours will diminish auto-flowering marijuanayields.

This is what I see under most topics when searching growing auto flowers.

Yes but now that it is on 12/12 can I go back to 18/6 or 20/4 or will that be too much stress? That plant seems to be responding well to staus quo. So I feel like it aint broke.

20/4 or 18/6 at vegetative growth, and then 12/12 at flowering.

Normally with autoflowers 12/12 isn't necessary but I was just in a hurry to trigger flowering. Now I feel like I can't adjust it back.

mortimer said:
Yes but now that it is on 12/12 can I go back to 18/6 or 20/4 or will that be too much stress? That plant seems to be responding well to staus quo. So I feel like it aint broke.

Yeah you can go back. Autos are supposed to be use to longer light for shorter periods of time then normal. I don't see a problem going back because that's what they are used for.

Yeah you can go back. Autos are supposed to be use to longer light for shorter periods of time then normal. I don't see a problem going back because that's what they are used for.

sounds plausible. I will consider doing so perhaps gradually. thanks.

Well I did gradually increase the lightage back to 20 on, 4 off. They adjusted happily and are still budding and growing very well. I noticed that since I have stopped using soil I no longer have bugs. Not that I did that much with soil but usually I would come across a bug or two during a soil grow. Never, though, with the hempy bucket. Anyway just an observation. May just be a coincidense. Here now are updated photos as of today. Still got a solid month to go. Enjoy and thanks for looking.

20120526_200959.jpg

20120526_200918.jpg

new pics shortly. plus I got a question. Isn't it true that plants grow quicker hydro-wise as opposed to soil? This one sprouted april 4. 12 weeks (basically 3 months) will be up around june 27. But this one is showing maturing sooner and may be ready before then. Pure speculation but leaves are yellowing at a rather rapid rate so it makes me wonder if this one will be done sooner than later. I have only now noticed some trichs but havent looked too close at this point.

These are as of yesterday June 1. Check out the yellowing of the leaves. So far the smell is not too bad. Enjoy.

20120601_194432.jpg

20120601_194019.jpg

20120601_195645.jpg

Another update as of today...Buds are definetly stanky and sticky. Did some badly needed pruning and cleared out the yellow brownish leaves that are either dead or dying. Still pretty bushy but at least it ain't getting taller. Did a trich check (which is how I found out the buds were sticky) and it showed some cloudy and some still clear trichs so she still is on track for at least a couple of more weeks. May end up doing a staged harvest taking some of the taller buds and leaving some of the lower ones to further develop. Have been researching alot on Northern Lights and it is a true classic apparently. Hope this one lives up to the reputation. When I give one of the lower buds a little squeeze I love the smell it gives. Different from anything I have had prior. Thanks for looking.

Back
Top Bottom