Northern Lights Journal, Alice & Trixie, October 2021

Doctor Trevor

What strain is it? Northern Light
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Dimensions of grow space? 48” x 24” x 60”
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil, what is in your mix? Foxfarm Ocean Forest
If soil, What size pot? 1 pint (to be transpotted to one gallon Smart pots at a later date, and then to five gallon pots)
Size of light? 1 x 1000W, a 600W for later on
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 70 degrees F
RH of Room/cab? not controlled
How often are you watering? Weekly (roughly)
Type and strength of nutes used? Foxfarm Big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom, following FF schedule, Terpinator.

jameson.jpg

Alice and Trixie are currently under a 1000w light, set for veg. Forgot to include that.

I just need to figure out my lighting schedule for them. I had my schedule for them (and all other info) in my old computer that died because of Hurricane Ida.

What strain is it? Northern Light
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Dimensions of grow space? 48” x 24” x 60”
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil, what is in your mix? Foxfarm Ocean Forest
If soil, What size pot? 1 pint (to be transpotted to one gallon Smart pots at a later date, and then to five gallon pots)
Size of light? 1 x 1000W, a 600W for later on
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 70 degrees F
RH of Room/cab? not controlled
How often are you watering? Weekly (roughly)
Type and strength of nutes used? Foxfarm Big Bloom, Grow Big and Tiger Bloom, following FF schedule, Terpinator.

jameson.jpg
Hey Doc hope you are well my friend.
Was never a fan of Jameson even back when I drank always preferred Crown.
But enjoy my friend.
I'll follow along if you don't mind.
Who doesn't love Northern Lights, hehe.
Stay safe.
Bill

I'm not too much of a Jameson's fan, myself. Unfortunately, the liquor stores in my neighborhood don't have the best selection. I'm a beer drinker (and brewer); that's my choice of poison.

I harvested my first Northern Lights plants only a few days ago, so I haven't tried it yet. Maybe in a month.

I'm not too much of a Jameson's fan, myself. Unfortunately, the liquor stores in my neighborhood don't have the best selection. I'm a beer drinker (and brewer); that's my choice of poison.

I harvested my first Northern Lights plants only a few days ago, so I haven't tried it yet. Maybe in a month.
It's popular for a reason. Hehe
Stay safe.
Bill

Yesterday morning, Alice broke ground. Trixie, as of this writing, has not. If she doesn't by Friday, I will presume her a lost cause. I have one seed left, a Purple Haze auto. I start germinating her on Friday morning.

Alice1-110121.jpg

Okayyyyyy....

I was about ready to toss out Trixie as she hadn't broke ground. Her sister Alice broke ground this past Monday. This morning, discovered Trixie had broken ground... and she's wearing her seed hull like a hat.

Kids these days.

A1-110521.jpg

T1-110521.jpg

Fed both Alice and Trixie for the first time. Dissolved 1.5ts of FF Big Bloom in a quart of water and slowly fed them. Both plants are looking good. Trixie still wears her seed hull around one leaf; I was afraid to pull it off.

Today was feeding day. I prepared a quart of solution using 1.5 ts of Big Bloom and .5 ts of Terpinator. Trixie and Alice (l & r in the photo) each drank about six ounces before the runoff was noted.

I'm keeping a space heater on in the room, most of the time, as it gets cold in there. I'm trying to keep it about seventy-five degrees F..

Trixie has a little catching up to do, as you can see.

A&T-111621.jpg

I watered the girls tonight. Each took about six ounces of pH-adjusted water (pH of 6.2) before there was runoff.

I noticed that Trixie still carries her hat in one of the lower leaves.

Fed Alice and Trixie with a nute solution consisting of:
1.5 ts Big Bloom;
.5 ts Grow Big;
.5 ts Terpinator.

The pH of the mix was adjusted to 6.2

I slowly fed them an ounce of solution at a time. Runoff began after three ounces.

Trixie is not growing as fast as Alice. I understand that she started later, but I think she may be a runt. As you can see in the photo, she still carries her hat (the seed hull).

A&T1-112221.jpeg
A&T2-112221.jpg
A&T3-112221.jpg

Watered the girls today. Each took about four ounces of pH-adjusted water before there was run off.

I am concerned with a piece of soil (or wood chip) in Trixie. It looks a little like mold. I really don't don't two lose another two plants right now.

mold.jpeg

Watered the girls today. Each took about four ounces of pH-adjusted water before there was run off.

I am concerned with a piece of soil (or wood chip) in Trixie. It looks a little like mold. I really don't don't two lose another two plants right now.

mold.jpeg
Interesting. I'd look at it through a microscope to get a closer look.

It was feeding day for the girls as well as haircut day!

I mixed a one quart solution of nutes, consisting of 1.5 teaspoons of Big Bloom, .75 teaspoons of Grow Big and .5 teaspoons of Terpinator. Pouring two ounces of solution into the pots at a time, I kept this up until each plant showed significant run off (about six ounces total in each pot).

Afterwards, I trimmed the top of each plant. Alice and Trixie look happier this way.

I find it interesting that, while Alice is the bigger plant (above soil), Trixie seems to show more roots. Dames! Crazy, I know!

A&T1-112921.jpg
A&T2-112921.jpg
Alice1-112921.jpg
Trixie1-0112921.jpg

Yesterday, I watered the girls with pH-adjusted water. I'll be stepping up their watering/feeding from every three days to every day.

Despite the fact that they've grown significantly since I trimmed them a few days ago, they haven't formed a dense root ball yet.

Back
Top Bottom