Northern Lights Journal, Alice & Trixie, October 2021

I follow the light schedule from Fox Farms. Looks like I may have switched it a few days early, though.

Thanks for noticing.
The light schedule? Are you flipping it before it gets to it's final pot? These are not Auto's, right?

If you flip this soon, you'll have a smaller plant for sure. Unless of course, you don't have the space to grow larger.

Space is a bit of an issue. My tent is 2' x 4'. Would it hurt the girls if I switched it back to eighteen hours for a week or two? I'll switch it back tonight. Regarding the repotting, they are currently in pint-sized containers. My plan was to transpot them into gallon-sized pots and, later, to five-gallon-size pots.

Today, I watered the girls with pH adjusted water. The girls each took about three ounces before run off.

Today, I prepared a one quart nute solution, consisting of:
3/4 ts of Big Bloom;
3/4 ts of Grow Big;
1/2 ts of Terpinator;
1/8 ts of Open Sesame.

The girls took in about three ounces each before there was run-off.

Alice seemed particularly dry; her leaves hung pretty low. Three hours after feeding, she looked healthy again.

The root balls haven't really formed on either plant. I'd like to transpot them now. Should I wait?
A&T-120821.jpg

Today, I prepared a one quart nute solution, consisting of:
3/4 ts of Big Bloom;
3/4 ts of Grow Big;
1/2 ts of Terpinator;
1/8 ts of Open Sesame.

The girls took in about three ounces each before there was run-off.

Alice seemed particularly dry; her leaves hung pretty low. Three hours after feeding, she looked healthy again.

The root balls haven't really formed on either plant. I'd like to transpot them now. Should I wait?
A&T-120821.jpg
i'm growing 3 plants in a 2x4.. all three are in 5gal pots. I vegged for about 3-4 weeks in a 1gal and then transplanted to a 5gal where I vegged for another 4 weeks. I just flipped about a week ago. You can take a look at my journal if you like.

Today was watering day. Hooray....

The soil was pretty dry. I'm thinking of transpotting them to their one gallon pots on Wednesday (if not tomorrow!). With this decision in mind, I will skip nutes for a few days and just water. My logic is the new soil will have plenty of nutes and I don't want to burn the roots.

Discuss!
265148399_892972408254129_2269568731365975904_n.jpg
A&T-121221.jpg
A1-122121.jpg

Transpotted Alice and Trixie into one gallon clothe pots. My plans to wait another day or two changed after seeing how dry the soil was in their old pots.

I noticed two small leaves in Alice were beginning to turn yellow. I'll give her a little CalMag with her next feeding (probably on Thursday).

Today was watering day. Hooray....

The soil was pretty dry. I'm thinking of transpotting them to their one gallon pots on Wednesday (if not tomorrow!). With this decision in mind, I will skip nutes for a few days and just water. My logic is the new soil will have plenty of nutes and I don't want to burn the roots.

Discuss!
265148399_892972408254129_2269568731365975904_n.jpg
A&T-121221.jpg
A1-122121.jpg
They look thirsty, better open that beer bottle for them.hehe :laugh: :rofl: :laugh: :rofl:
Nice work Amigo.

Stay safe
Bill

I don't know if what I'm about to say has any merit, as I have very little growing experience, but if you flip to flower before you transplant to your final pot, won't you be stunting your growth slightly in the more valuable flower time?

I don't know if that is accurate at all, but it makes sense in my head. Maybe somebody can clarify for me?

Good question. As I'm also not very experienced, I'm hoping someone else can chime in.
Good morning Doc.
I've transplanted literally hundreds of plants.
I can honestly say I have never observed any ill effects from transplanting.
Don't fret about transplanting, if your root bound it's the best solution.
Or if they just need a bigger home.
It's OK.

Stay safe
Bill

Today was feeding day and the girls were hungry (and thirsty). I made one gallon of nute solution consisting of:
1 tb. Big Bloom;
2 ts. Grow Big;
2 ts. Tiger Bloom;
2 ts Terpinator;
.5 ts Open Sesame
.25 ts Calmag Extra.

Alice's had a couple of yellowing leaves. Other than this, the girls are looking fine.

Back
Top Bottom