Northern Lights Strain

Can anyone recommend a good NL strain and seed company? Ive smoked it a handful of times and im a big fan but no clue what the difference between nl1 OR nl5 or....you get the point..

thanks all!
The difference between the two is that the #1 had a bit more Sativa genetics along with the Indica which allowed for some stretching and a longer flowering period, The #5 was derived to decrease both the stretching and the flowering period. If I was going to choose one, I would go with an NL#5 strain. This is the "short" form explanation and I hope it helps you out. Northern Lights is heavy on the side of Indica genetics usually in the 80% range. It was bred for short growing seasons such as we have here in the Northeast. It will flower and be done within 45-55 days. It does well outdoors but bud rot may become a problem with the cool damp mornings of September getting deep into the larger buds so plant where the wind will be of help to dry during this phase. She will hold up to a light frost and will finish around the end of September or the first week of October. Seasoned Guerilla growers will wait to the end and reap great rewards. Most usually pull them to early for fear of frost or hunters, to bad. She has a good yield and smooth sweet taste, I enjoy it immensely! Purchase a copy of High Times magazine and you will find all the seeds you can think of, just be careful and scrutinize each provider. There is also a site called "The Marijuana Library". This is also a good place to "shop"...:ganjamon:

The difference between the two is that the #1 had a bit more Sativa genetics along with the Indica which allowed for some stretching and a longer flowering period, The #5 was derived to decrease both the stretching and the flowering period. If I was going to choose one, I would go with an NL#5 strain. This is the "short" form explanation and I hope it helps you out. Northern Lights is heavy on the side of Indica genetics usually in the 80% range. It was bred for short growing seasons such as we have here in the Northeast. It will flower and be done within 45-55 days. It does well outdoors but bud rot may become a problem with the cool damp mornings getting deep into the larger buds so plant where the wind will be of help to dry during this phase. She has a good yield and smooth sweet taste, I enjoy it immensely! Purchase a copy of High Times magazine and you will find all the seeds you can think of. There is also a sit called "The Marijuana Library". This is also a good place to "shop"...:ganjamon:[/QUG

Hey good stuff Malcolm, thank you much!!

Just cracked some Reserva Privada Silver Bubble... Northern Lights x Skunk x Haze....hopefully it will have that northern feel....

I was always under the impression that NL, especially NL#1 was a pure indica.

Even the strain guide on this forum says pure indica.

Could be wrong.:yummy:

DD

NL#5 Is what I hope to get hold of for my next seed order !! Can't wait :peace:

I was always under the impression that NL, especially NL#1 was a pure indica.

Even the strain guide on this forum says pure indica.

Could be wrong.:yummy:

DD
Droop, that is because NL'S is very heavy Indica genetically. Northern Lights is confusing regarding existing cannabis strains. It was developed as an indoor strain in the late 70's, yeah, lol, somewhere near Seattle. Some of the genetics were said to have come from Cali though. Initially, it was a Sativa strain crossed with an Afghani hybrid, thus the Indica "blood". It's all good though bro...:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom