NorthernCosmos' First Indoor Soil Auto Grow: 2019

I looked around for some images of this reddening, and it looks to me like you have a purple amnesia auto... or at least that phenotype going here. It certainly looks interesting! Do some searching of images around the net and see what you thin
Yes, I've seen some now. The seed bank says nothing about it (just "Amnesia Autoflower". It's only two leaves on this one plant that have significant colouring now, but some other have a bit of red/purple shade coming on. Interesting variation indeed.

Yes, I've seen some now. The seed bank says nothing about it (just "Amnesia Autoflower". It's only two leaves on this one plant that have significant colouring now, but some other have a bit of red/purple shade coming on. Interesting variation indeed.

I'm currently growing a Purple Kush but its not even started to turn any purple yet and its at least four weeks left for her to flower. I even started to suspect her being an Auto and not Photo so they do mix seeds up sometimes. But of course the genes can mutate... its not uncommon to have different looking plants from same seed bag, that's the great thing with cloning. Then you get perfect copies of the mother. Don't try cloning Autos though they don't reset their growth clock and pick off were the mother was in growth when the cuttings are taken.

I think I will start off small again with cloning, its very fun and you often wind up with more plants than you need. :laughtwo:

I'll save the cloning for when I start growing photos (and I really want to!). As for more plants than I need... well, I'm more or less there already, but I have friends and building up some stock feels good and allows me some freedom in how I proceed (experimentation, breaks, photos...).

Today is day 77 for the big girls (Amnesia and White Widow) and day 54 for the middle girls (BCN Critical and AK420) - they got their feeding. It's also day 10 for the seedlings (Amnesia and White Widow) and they're looking good.

The old Amnesia (right) has started getting a little amber on the calyxes. I'm thinking either chop or a last feeding on Friday, depending on how it develops the next couple of days. The old White Widow (left) is a little behind on the amber, but not by much. These are my 5th and 6th plants (7th and 8th are mostly hidden behind them and 9th and 10th are the seedlings).

Here's a pic with a 0.33l can resting on some fan leaves for size comparison, and as you can see these girls are grown ups now :D :

Tent_04_02_2020.JPG

It's day 81 for Arianna and Wilhelmina, and they got their last feeding just now. Both of them look quite "furry" and amber has stared to appear on the calyxes, so they get their 36h dark period started on Sunday, then its chop time on Tuesday. I can't wait to see how much they yield compared to previous ones - stay tuned for a harvest report :)

Arianna the Amnesia:

Day_81_Arianna.JPG

Wilhelmina the White Widow:

Day_81_Wilhelmina.JPG

I turned up my lights yesterday after the feeding. There was another 75 Watts or so to go, and with my tent temps under control after getting my filter declogged and the circulation going again, I thought I might as well put the pedal to the metal. Well, that worked better than anticipated - the plants started a growth spurt and I have to give them an extension.

Makes me wonder how the plants would've developed if they had those last 75 Watts of "sunshine" all along... :hmmmm: I'll leave the light on full blast from now on and run another pair of Amnesia and Widow for comparison.

It looks just like when I get the day/night cycle going (lights were stuck on for more than a month) towards the end of the previous Amnesia and White Widow. The Amnesia is throwing brand new foxtailing'ish buds and white pistils are just curling out of the calyxes. The White Widow also has new growth, although not a s much as the Amnesia. Yet again I'm amazed by the things that can take place overninght - they are very reactive plants indeed.

So, not chopping them quite yet... Instead of getting the axe on Tuesday, they'll get another feeding with a tentative Friday chop. I'm not going to say no thanks to more flowers and even denser trichs. The amber is not at all alarming, and anyway I don't mind a little of that as it helps me sleep well.

Here some sudden new growth can be seen - it's all over the place and much more apparent in real life when you see the new buds jutting out in 3D... :

Arianna_Whilhelmina_Spurt.jpg

It's day 81 for Arianna and Wilhelmina

They look stunning and you read them like an open book, you are really getting the hang of this. :thumb:

There was another 75 Watts or so to go

Everything maxed out, always! ;)

I thought I might as well put the pedal to the metal.

floor it! :laughtwo:

Here some sudden new growth can be seen

You bet with an extra 75w, we call this foxtailing. It can happen towards the end cycle when they get an extra boost with light.

new buds jutting out in 3D... :

more printing... ;)

They look stunning and you read them like an open book, you are really getting the hang of this.
Well... thank you for the confidence, but it's not deserved. W.r.t. this particular book, i.e. my book, there are still a few missing pages, some chapters are in need of revision, an appendix or two more would be good, as would a complete index, and I need some stronger reading glasses. In short, I wouldn't trust me to raise your plants quite yet :p

But it's great fun, the plants are getting better and I enjoy the process and the produce - the chop and trim almost feels like a sacred ritual :thumb:

In short, I wouldn't trust me to raise your plants quite yet :p

Oh, I would trust my plants health to you everyday! My grow is not very hard to maintain, just fill nutes in one end and harvest buds in the other end. ;)

That's a book that's never finished. The longer it goes, the stronger and stronger the reading glasses!

That's so right! The words seem to jump around in my book, it can be some form of mild dyslexia but I'm not sure. :)

On the second day of the 33% increase in lighting, the plants are thriving. The tent is full so no photons are wasted. I should've listened to @CraZysWeeD's advice earlier in this thread:

I would put a red hot poker in that mars light and run it full blast and start pouring in more nutes! But that's just me... :)

The 60 days old in between generation is picking up and packing on:

Barbarella the BCN Critical:

Day_60_Barbarella.JPG

Abigail the AK420:

Day_60_Abigail.JPG

Lots of stuff happening here and on strange schedules, so a little late with the pics...

Biggest harvest so far, but not as much as I thought. That is, there was a lot of buds with a fair bit of trimming work, but the weight wasn't much more than previously. The total was a little less than 600g wet, so looking at 150g dried (perhaps I made a weighing error, because it does look like at least 50% more). Still I had to add a couple of strings to get it all into the drying box. I also separated out some popcorn to go in the freezer together with the very sugary trim.

All in all, another satisfying harvest! :yummy: :Rasta:

Arianna_Whilhelmina_chop3.jpg

Arianna_Wilhelmina_chopped2.JPG

Arianna_Wilhelmina_chopped.JPG

Dam I'm late for the show! I think it looks fantastic Cosmos, you separated everything very well. And those colas look amazing!

The total was a little less than 600g wet, so looking at 150g dried (perhaps I made a weighing error, because it does look like at least 50% more)

You will soon learn that harvests can be very hard to predict regarding outcome it can look to be 200g and its not and a plant that looks like 80 perhaps 100 to be 140-150g. So hard and big differences between plants with similar genes.

I also separated out some popcorn to go in the freezer together with the very sugary trim.

I find this to be a problem later in my separation when they just get shaken a few times instead of getting grinded up and realising more exposed trichomes. Don't even think my intended Gold Rush inspired pollen trommel will be able to separate this truly, maybe with some vibrating action also. :laughtwo:

hqdefault.jpg

Below is the current stash after putting in jars what I had in the drier. Todays jars are the ones on the top shelf and number two from the right on the lower shelf (those marked 20/2-20). The big ones are 2.65l (0.7gal) and the medium ones are 1l (0.26gal). Ca. 76g WW and 78g AM. I did mess up with one big cola (10g dry); don't know if its WW or AM... it went in the AM jar for now, and I'll probably forget about that :D

Even though the volume was almost twice of the previous Amnesia and White Widow, say 75% more, the weight was only 15% more. So these buds are relatively airy and fluffy, but they're trich-laden and I hope for good smoke.

The ones in the tent currently are small. I suspect it's the low humidity here, between 11% and 27% lately - AFAIK, that's on the low end, not only for seedlings, but for flowers too. I really need to get a handle on the RH! A new small, non-atomizing, adjustable, tent-sized humidifier is in order.

Stash_20_2_2020.JPG

Back
Top Bottom