NorthernCosmos' First Indoor Soil Auto Grow: 2019

The buckets each have a plastic bag around them now, covering up the speed and drain -holes as a barrier for the gnats. There is still the odd gnat, but I think they're dying out. I'll fetch more bark tomorrow, to cover the top of all the buckets. The measures will be kept in place for a long time... taking no chances!

Amnesias at day 32, Purple Haze at day 42 and OG Kush at day 68. The Amnesias are doing good after their 3rd MC feed. The OG Kush is just over 50cm tall now, I think that's my tallest so far (yeah, yeah, I know - for ME it's tall :p):

Tent_14_11_2020_2.JPG

Here are the newcomers. They're domed with 1.5l PET bottle bottoms to give them a little extra humidity during their infancy. Originally it was meant to be two BCN Critical XXL autos, but one wouldn't germinate, so now there's a BCN and an OG Kush auto, and <sigh> yet again a one week skew in the schedule for the pair.

Brunilda the BCN Critical XXL at day 10. The alu foils package contains wet paper towels to provide local humidiy in the domes:

Day_8_Brunilda.JPG

Olga the OG Kush at day 5:

Day_1_Olga.JPG

I should mention that as per the recommendation in the pests sub-forum, I have taken the plastic bags off the buckets. They provided a (semi?) sustainable environment since there are drain holes and speed holes in the buckets and there is an air volume there for "things to happen", as @Patient puffer pointed out. The traps will do the work now, and I'll leave the sticky traps permanently as a preventive measure.

Today a couple of friends and I pooled together for a black Friday seed shopping spree. We went width SWEseeds - thank you for the tip @CraZysWeeD! Being able to buy seeds without them crossing any borders is a big relief, and the prices are fair too :)

Next year we'll be growing these auto strains from Bulk Seed Bank:

Guerilla Glue
Original Orange Bud
Mazar Extra
Chocopopo
CBD Good Wild Shark

All of them are new to us - exciting stuff! :drool:

Nope, that's exactly as written - It's a local shop in a certain country that I share with a mutual CraZy friend of ours :D

So yeah, the thing about not having to worry about customs - it's just great! I can now sleep even better than with "only" my homegrown (Will I ever wake up again at this rate!? Not sure if I care... o_O)

Sorry for the absence Cosmos, had a lot of things going down now lately...
I have taken the plastic bags off the buckets. They provided a (semi?) sustainable environment

That was egg-sactly what I was thinking when I read you put the bags on, things keeping moist or open surface water in the grow environment is a bad thing when it comes to bugs.... Glad you are getting it under control.

We went width SWEseeds - thank you for the tip @CraZysWeeD! Being able to buy seeds without them crossing any borders is a big relief, and the prices are fair too :)

Great man! They never let me down with any of my orders and they usually send you bonus seeds as well, think all seeds from them have germinated in some way...

Those border crossings can be both expensive and worrying, remember once we ordered seeds from everyonedoesit.com in our youth. Customs had gone through the package and stamped the seeds and written contains narcotic seeds on the envelope... wtf, wonder what is more embarrassing a customs that does that or we collecting the package at the post office.... btw they sent us new seeds in a more subtle manor.

Swede Weed Express
:laugh: :blunt:

Great man! They never let me down with any of my orders and they usually send you bonus seeds as well, think all seeds from them have germinated in some way...

It's perfect; peace of mind has no price! They didn't say anything about freebies - if there's any that would be nice, but I'm just happy that these upstanding citizens are providing this essential service to society! :Rasta:

They didn't say anything about freebies

No they never say they will and it hasn't been in every order but almost...! You will know when you get your letter. :)

happy that these upstanding citizens are providing this essential service to society! :Rasta:

Can't agree more, funny thing to live in a country where buying and selling seeds are legal with every known drug there is but God forbid if there was to get a drop of water on that seed and it would germinate... then you are a criminal for not keeping those seeds high and dry... LoL

Yes, there are some mind bending asymmetries like that in the world. I try not to think too much of them, or I'd only feel an overpowering need to move further into the woods :laughtwo:

How are things over In The Fog? Any grows or smoke (for x-mas?) in sight, or are you taking it easy a bit longer?

No nothing in the pipe yet either way but now I got an appointment to see a doctor in psychology and an expert in the field of ADD's so this is scheduled for end of Jan, after that I hope I'm free to at least puff some again. Will try keeping it more in control in the future and I think I will be able to if I get the right meds subscribed. Going through hell this month trying to cut out these synthetic opioids I've been on for years now.... :nervous-guy:So its a shame I can't even lite up a Spliff Berry before screening early Jan. Keeping busy though with crazy laser/printer proj though... :)

How are things outside the grow tent in your part of the woods?

Things are good here. Real winter has finally arrived, making my walks a bit chill, but very scenic. The cats are happy, so then I am too :D The border situation is getting dreary though. Right now is an important time to be close with my family on the other side, and that's not so easy to arrange as it should be...

As for inside the tent: I have the OG Kush to chop within a week or so, and maybe the Purple Haze in mid-late December, which should give me some decent x-mas supplies. It's needed too, as schedule-breaks, indulgence, partying and give-aways have depleted the stash to an almost critical level (critical = less than a couple of months worth) :lot-o-toke:

Things are good here. Real winter has finally arrived, making my walks a bit chill, but very scenic. The cats are happy, so then I am too :D The border situation is getting dreary though. Right now is an important time to be close with my family on the other side, and that's not so easy to arrange as it should be...

Hated the weather this weekend here a few degrees warm and very, very damp air makes me sick... today its been better on below side of 0 and dryer air. Pain wise its worse when it gets cold, I get almost completely numb in my right arm and hand but I get used to it in a few days though. Warm baths before going outside is the right stuff, miss the spliff in the bath though...

Hope you can use the dust roads for boarder crossings or are there drone surveillance there now? Think I read that somewhere... wonder when some smart person will come forward and say all countries seize to exist and we all get along with that....

:smokin:

As for inside the tent: I have the OG Kush to chop within a week or so, and maybe the Purple Haze in mid-late December, which should give me some decent x-mas supplies. It's needed too, as schedule-breaks, indulgence, partying and give-aways

Chop, chop... puff, puff!

Haze sounds interesting, never tried that... Its a hybrid right? I found myself very fond of sativas so I might like it, best is straight sativa... I still got a bud from Kali's Mistery in my fridge, think I got a Spliff Berry bud as well along with some grams of kief...

:blunt:too bad I can't smoke it though... lol

have depleted the stash to an almost critical level (critical = less than a couple of months worth)

LoL :laugh:

Hope you can use the dust roads for boarder crossings or are there drone surveillance there now?

For the first border closedown there was civil defense patrols on the Norwegian dirt roads close to the border. I had a couple of run ins with them on my walks. I'm 110% for practicing infection prevention and do all I can, but I'm not at all happy with experiencing the "military" being used to completely needlessly "interrogate" me on my walks(!)

They were even shutting off some of the roads by dumping boulders on them. The local farmers were NOT happy as they use these roads actively in their livelihood, so they threw the boulders into the woods. And so it went back and forth for a while. The farmers won; there are no more boulders there now ;)

Haze sounds interesting, never tried that... Its a hybrid right?

It's a sativa dominant hybrid. As mentioned earlier, it's the strongest stuff I've grown. A bit "psychedelic"... Perfect for any kind of Woodstocky moods as one can imagine from Jimi's famous tribute song. I like it, and will grow more of it in the future :yummy:

they usually send you bonus seeds as well
Got the seeds today. That was fast, and it was nicely packaged, both the seed packs and the whole shipment box. They threw in a Banana Monkey auto freebie too. Couldn't be happier with this new (to me...) source! :thumb:

For the first border closedown there was civil defense patrols on the Norwegian dirt roads close to the border. I had a couple of run ins with them on my walks. I'm 110% for practicing infection prevention and do all I can, but I'm not at all happy with experiencing the "military" being used to completely needlessly "interrogate" me on my walks(!)

That can be a bit scary ofc... Remember when they were playing war defending the water plant with one of their off-road tracked Volvo's with machine gun turret on the roof. We had to show our ID's every time we needed to go in or out of the gate to the plant... like 5-10 times a day -Oh, its you again can we see some ID. LoL

Btw did they practice any special CIA interrogation techniques on you? Like sham drowning or the classic car booster wires connected to a welder? :laugh:

It's a sativa dominant hybrid. As mentioned earlier, it's the strongest stuff I've grown. A bit "psychedelic"...

"Keeps you productive throughout the day with some hints of psychedelic trance states...." :laughtwo:

They threw in a Banana Monkey auto freebie too. Couldn't be happier with this new (to me...) source!

Banana Monkey... lol think they started using some AI algorithm for spitting out new strain names. Great though you finally tested them out, they also have very dedicated costumer help service through their chat. Chatted a few times with them getting those odd MMJ Seeds.

Btw did they practice any special CIA interrogation techniques on you? Like sham drowning or the classic car booster wires connected to a welder? :laugh:

Not quite - it was just of the irritation kind. Perhaps I got off lightly because I didn't resist or run away. Then again they were just kids, and I was much older as well as taller and more scary looking :p - I reckon it had an effect! :laughtwo:

Banana Monkey... lol think they started using some AI algorithm for spitting out new strain names.

And so I had to write a little proggy to do that (available on request) - no AI, just a dictionary and some rules. It's pouring out thousand of strains that I want to try. How about some Triple Trip Shaman Berry, or perhaps a little Spider Breath? Other strains on offer are Christmas Vampire Dream, Pungent Mountain Pie, Green Shiva, Devil Fog, Girl Fuel and Colombian Gold Zkittlez. And it goes on forever...

:goof:

Perhaps I got off lightly because I didn't resist or run away.

-He's a runner, KILL KILL!!! :laughtwo:

And so I had to write a little proggy to do that (available on request) - no AI, just a dictionary and some rules.

LoL Cosmos, did you write that in Java or some other HTML compatible language? Would be so fun if you could post it here on the forum... The strangest strain name I ever heard was @Kismet doing a run on a strain I think was "Zombie Death Fuck" -When you want that dead Zombie feeling all day... Really sounds like a strain I would want to grow... LoL

:hippy:

Back
Top Bottom