NorthernCosmos' First Indoor Soil Auto Grow: 2019

What’s the breeders estimate for flowering time? 25 days isn’t that long. I agree with Shed that you’ve got bulking yet to go before harvest.
Well, depending on what this actually is...

The seeds were from a pack of OG Kush autos specified as "75 days from seed to harvest". I've come to learn to generally add 14 days to that, for my growing conditions.

Of course, it turned out to be a photo with 11-fingered leaves, so now all bets are off :laughtwo:

Bulking wise, it looks like maybe another month before there are solid colas - but what do I know as a first time photonaut...

I
Well, depending on what this actually is...

The seeds were from a pack of OG Kush autos specified as "75 days from seed to harvest". I've come to learn to know to generally add 14 days to that, for my growing conditions.

Of course, it turned out to be a photo with 11-fingered leaves, so now all bets are off :laughtwo:

Bulking wise, it looks like maybe another month before there are solid colas - but what do I know as a first time photonaut...
I too am on my first grow, mines an auto, and I have no clue as to when mine is going to be ready to harvest. Mine said 70 days + or - from seed. It’s at 85 days from sprout today and doesn’t look close to ready. Of course mines been outdoors in less than optimal conditions which I assume is going to extend grow time. Which is generally faster to flower once blooming, photo or auto?

Hi Tommboy1973!

Well, there you go, two weeks past and not ready yet. Same experience then, except you running them outdoors.

I usually have "70-75 days" autos going for 90-something days. Mine have 19 hours of bright light every day. I've heard about people running autos for 100-and-a-lot days.

I like mine to be good and ripe. Perhaps some would take them before do. However, other folks around here can confirm the ca. +14 days thing. The seed supplier may be a bit optimistic, or their estimate requires super-conditions that I can't provide...

Hi Tommboy1973!

Well, there you go, two weeks past and not ready yet. Same experience then, except you running them outdoors.

I usually have "70-75 days" autos going for 90-something days. Mine have 19 hours of bright light every day. I've heard about people running autos for 100-and-a-lot days.

I like mine to be good and ripe. Perhaps some would take them before do. However, other folks around here can confirm the ca. +14 days thing. The seed supplier may be a bit optimistic, or their estimate requires super-conditions that I can't provide...
Your journal said first indoor soil grow. How do you usually grow them?

Your journal said first indoor soil grow. How do you usually grow them?
I’m still reading through your journal from the beginning so I apologize if you already said and I’m just not there yet, lol.

Ah, no problem. I grow indoors in a tent. My plants never see the real light of day, only my LED lamp. I even have the day hours in the the tent in the real night time, and vice versa - that's a solution for better temperature control in my setup.

Otherwise a fairly standard beginners indoor tent grow of autoflowers - with some trials and tribulations along the way, but mostly just fun and good times :D

Not enough pics! So here's Jack Hair #2. Notice those little things to the left and right of it... :

JH_mushrooms.JPG

Here's the right hand one magnified, anyone know what this is? :

IMG_1450.JPG

Jack Hair #1 had strange fate. It developed the cotelydons and the first set of real leaves. All seemingly good - only this happened beneath the soil(!) I dug it out to find the 2 sets of leaves and a tiny tap root that was going nowhere and had started getting a grey/brown colours. I've germinated and planted a new one, so now I have an 8 day staggering between the two of a pair... That sucks every time - just enough out of step that there'll be separate feeds and harvests. Oh well, I've dealt with worse in my life :)

Today I found a forest of shrooms in Julia the the Jack Hair auto's pot, 11 of them to be precise There was also two shrooms in Jolie the jack Hair auto' pot (failed and reseeded, more below). Again I pulled all the shrooms. What kind might they be...:

JH_2_forest_of_shrooms.JPG

The Jack Hair auto that never peeked above the soil. You can see the cotelydons and the first set of leaves - all developed under the soil surface. It's a bit withered now - it was nice and green when I found it. I had no idea that sub surface growth like that was possible:

JH_1_fail.JPG

It's day 80 for the CBD 20:1 medicine for mum. While still bonzai'ish, it has rock hard colas with quite a bit of trichomes:

Day_80_Catalina.jpg

And it's day 72 for the Banana Monkey - the other bonzai. It had only a lot of pistils for a long time, but now it has packed on some trichs and I think it will be worthwhile:

Day_72_Beatrix.JPG

From Shed's link:
This is one of the many short-lived grassland fungi that appear overnight following rain; the fruitbodies develop, expand, shed their spores and decay within 24 hours and by the next morning there is usually no evidence of them ever having existed.
Aha! Yeah, looks like the ones, and that ephemeral nature sounds about right. Gotta catch them all early to avoid spreading then. Strange stuff :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom