NorthernCosmos' First Indoor Soil Auto Grow: 2019

The chilis have been raised outdoors in the greenhouse and indoors on a low "grow table" under a blurple LED light. Now that I have a grow tent for my other flowers, I'd like more of them; one for chilis and herbs, another for flowering photos, a bigger one for autos and vegging... They seem pretty optimal for the purpose, and they're certainly very practical.

Ah you are a true grower then my friend, I never grown vegetables under any artificial lights, yet. Just some herbs but I do got a Kolonilott which I grow some eatables in. But most for it being fun living off grid in the summers and a totally stress free environment to get stoned and lost in with my tools. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Any competitions with those Chilis?

Well, that moose was not at all interested in the fruits. It only came by in the winter and chew off whole branches. The apple tree wood itself must have been very tasty to it. Poor little trees, they've had a hard life and are pretty tiny after the 12 years since they got planted.

Ah Poor moose I would say. They are getting bolder and bolder these days, we got a Lodjur just like your avatar streaking the ends of the city here.

Get some serious picked fence round your house, only thing that will keep it from going in there and munching away. Wasn't there a swedish family having a moose come visit and sleeping in their bed also? :rofl:

Any competitions with those Chilis?
You mean like competing with other growers? If so, no. I just like growing chilis (a few different types), herbs, tomatoes, lettuce etc.. The homegrown stuff is satisfying and tasty - I'm thinking that'll be the case with these new <ahem> flowers too :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm pretty sure the moose would just walk right over a picket fence as if it was a doorstep... They and the roe deer are welcome to some winter grazing anyway, as long as they stay away from the apple trees ;)

The avatar picture is not a lynx - it's my old friend Dario, a Maine Coon, when he was very young. He's sadly passed away, but he was my best buddy.

Today was day 58, with the usual feeding. There is nute burn on some of the upper leaves, so I don't dare upping the strength yet; I have the feeling they're right on the edge of what they can take. Those nute manufacturer recommendations may well be for a bit bigger plants than my bonzais.

I boiled 5 big Trinidad Scorpions and a helping of garlic in a little water today, producing ca. 150ml of 'poison'. That stuff is dangerous! Seriously, I inhaled a tiny amount of the wispiest steam and it burnt my nose and throat and i could feel it on my lips. Each plant got around 15ml around the stem, and I swear the few surfacing aphids I spotted were running away. I also spotted a white larva, ca. 2mm long (fungus gnat?). After the application of the chili, I flushed it into the soil as the nutes were poured on. If the top soil is a little dried out tomorrow, it's time for DE, then tobacco tea the day after - I'll try too keep a schedule like that going.

The avatar picture is not a lynx - it's my old friend Dario, a Maine Coon, when he was very young. He's sadly passed away, but he was my best buddy.

I wasn't laughing at this, Love the Maine Coon. Had one my self, yours was strikingly like a Lynx.

Hope you live using that, sounds more dangerous than my exploding reactors. My plants lived it but will yours live through that?
:lot-o-toke:

Make sure you wash your hands well before you go to the bathroom ;).
Been there, done that... Yeah every implement used, including me, has been through an "industrial" cleaning process :laughtwo:

Oh, and I forgot, Brynhild the BCN Critical surfaced today at day 4.

And here's a picture of Anastasia the AK420 at day 17, it's her first feeding - a true low rider just like the Amnesia and White Widow. I reckon the training will start in a couple of days, when there's hopefully something to get a hold of to bend:

Day_17_Anastasia.JPG

No Animal Companions sub forum here on 420? Well, without making this one, here Dario is. I miss him so much. He would've loved to be in on the growing; we were always hanging together, and he was very curious about everything I did. I have two other cats now though, so life with the animals on the "farm" is good.

IMG_6966.JPG

No Animal Companions sub forum here on 420? Well, without making this one, here Dario is.

No don't think so... there was one for 420-Girls a while back. :laugh:

What a perfect specimen of Maine coon. Beautiful, makes me miss my Stina. She was more black than Dario but at least as beautiful. It's hard loosing animals but that's part of the responsibility we have as caretakers of them.

I'm not a fan of cats (and I'm highly allergic), but that cat was gorgeous! I'm sorry he's not still around for you. :rip:

Sorry to hear man, I struggle with some allergies with Ginza as well but have medications for it when she is changing fur, like right now. Ginza also have allergies from some yeast in her ears, she takes her own medicine for that as well.

One can at least hope we never get allergic to air or water....

Day 61. Another feeding. Every 3 days seems to be right. Since there appears to be nute burns from the last feedings, I'm not upping the mix. On the contrary, I'm down a little bit, to 3/5, but leaning more towards the AN Grow and Big Buds. As far as I can make out they have all the nutes they need.

I spotted 5 root aphids today, surfacing as I watered, 3 on the Widow soil, 2 on the Amnesia soil. I caught an killed one, another walked straight into a pile of DE and struggled to move on - it looked like a clumsy snowman. Therest got away. One flyer landed on my hand it had a short butt - aphid flyer? I administered 10ml Scorpion juice to each of the 3 biggest plants.

Nute burn, yes? :

Day_61_Wren_burn.JPG

On the brighter side, lets' look at some colas, buds and trichs :) White Widow:

Day_61_Wren.JPG

Amnesia main cola:

Day_65_Ada_Cola_2.JPG

A smaller Amnesia cola

Day_61_Ada_Cola.JPG

Are those Amnesia trichomes starting to be less clear and progressing towards slightly cloudy? According to the "spec sheet" there are 14 days to go :

Day_61_ADA_Trichomes.JPG

Here's the AK420 in training at day 20 - not alot to get at but it's a start :

Day_20_Anastasia_LST.JPG

Day_20_Anastasia_LST_2.JPG

And finally, say hello to Bryhild the BCN Critical XXL Auto at day 7 (sorry for the blurry pic...). And with that I have 4 different strains and 3 different timelines to juggle :

Day_7_Brynhild.JPG

The picture below are of the leaves I'm picking off the plants, in the lower region. Luckily the sugar leaves mostly look fresh and green.

I made a mix of AN Bloom 1-3-4, AN Grow 1-0-4 and AN Big Bugs 0-1-3 and gave them that as a booster. Will try a full nute dose in a couple of days. I shall make some potassium water from banana peel, and maybe also give them a little coffegrounds.

1573484645612.jpeg

OK - enough faffing about with the disaster area I have on my hands - this is the new plan:

I'm going all in with a new Amnesia and White Widow. The tent will then have 6 inhabitants, which I reckon there is room for, since these autos are pretty tiny. It'll also give me the most plants per kW/h spent.

I'll nuke my compost and store bought soil to kill off any bugs. I'm buying a liter of 12% hydrogen peroxide at an arm and a leg per drop to kill of the current aphids and to have on hand for future infestations. I'm getting a 10 liter bag of perlite and adding a few handfuls of that to the peat/compost/clay-pebble mix I'm already using.

Then I'll hopefully have no more root aphids or other menace. I'll run a richer nute scheme, following the manufactureres tables. I'll also be using a banana peel water and coffegrounds. and of course take on board all the good advice I've gotten.

What do you think?

New_setup.JPG

You are doing great Cs, very nice pictures of Amnesia and Widow. And Emilya is right, there is a thin line to walk between overfeeding and underfeeding curtain elements they require for getting those big Cojones you want them to have. This you will learn with tries and errors, even if it looks like the more seasoned growers have everything in check there is always something lurking that needs attention.

The first thing I think is good to know is if leaves start to get discolored or mutated is they can never go back to its original state this makes it hard knowing if any changes that's been made have a good effect or not. Let your Amnesia and Widow bloom off now and try making changes to the smaller ones.

The deranged have spoken..... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Aye! It's indeed hard for a noob to interpret all the plants' signals and the various diagnostics, then correlate with all the info out there and the advice here (the latter takes precedence!) and then doing the right things at the right times. It strikes me that these plants are a bit more finicky than chilis.

With the new ones, I'll be able to avoid several errors that I've made up until now. Going for another Amnesia and Widow will leave the old ones as controls, putting some science into it. I'm counting on the next round being more fun and less nerve-racking.

Studying the buds now, the trichomes are definitely starting to get cloudy. Looks like they could be dried and cured for Christmas as I was hoping :D

I can tell you are a quick learner and that's important, its easy to do the same mistakes a few times before getting that aha! Your background with chilis makes your transition to cannabis easy compared to complete noobies who never even watered a plant before.

The thing is when you get a little more seasoned with this you will start making new discoveries about how much two strains can be different in what they require to prosper and how they grow. So when I think I got them all figured out they go do something completely different sometimes and lets not forget all other things like bugs and such who can interfere with growth and yielding.

My indoor growing this summer was a complete catastrophe averaged between 10-20g on some of my plants and that can make one sick of it all. Sometimes it's better to step back and reassess the situation...

:blunt:

Back
Top Bottom