Northridge Healing Center (NHC) Review

Thepurplem0nkey

My caregiver and I visited the NHC the other day for the first time. Parking was plentiful enough, and we found the place easy enough as well. I rang the doorbell and was greeted by a friendly staff memeber who welcomed us inside. My caregiver and I submitted our notes/ID's and then filled out a standard form giving our doctor's contact information and agreeing to certain legalities. Their waiting room was very nice, with plush leather coutches and sofas, magazines, and it was nice and air conditioned.
When my paperwork as checked out and completed, I was admitted into their back room. I was invited to touch and smell anything I wanted. Their menu was decent, but I was a little dissapointed with their prices. The cheapest thing on their menu was 55 bucks an 8th, and there was only one marijuana strain listed at that price, everuything else was 65 or MORE for an 1/8th. Their ounces were about $525.00, 100 bucks more than what I'm used to seeing at my other club. They also had an impressive selection of pipes, volcano vaporizors, and clothing.
Regardless of the price, I picked up an 1/8th of their "Purple Catpiss" @ 55 bucks, and a 1/2 gram of their Mango Kush Keif. Becasue I was a new client, they also gave me a free 1/8th of whatver I wanted, so I chose their seciond highest priced "New Yok City Deisel", a 65 dollar value.
Altghough I am fairly certain smoking is allowed on their premises, I left to try out my new medicine. After taking a few rips off of the NYCD, I knew why their product was so expenisve. Although I always recieve good medicine at my usual club, the medicine from NHC was incredibly potent. I smoke weed topped off with two kinds of hash from a foot long bong DAiLY.....but 3 hits from the NYCD had me almost unable to drive!!! I duidn't get a chance to smoke their Purple Catpiss, since it was for a another patient friend of mine to deteriorate in health to go themselves, but it was a BEAUTIFUL few nugs that smelled just amazing for being the cheapest thing on the menu. I ave no doubt it was a potent strain.
SO here's the skinny:
Location: Top marks. Easy parking and not too difficult to find the building.
Staff: Excellent. Very nice and welcoming. Very informative. And come on...a fee 65 dollar 1/8th of NCD for going there the first time??? Sweet!
Prices: On the high side...HOWEVER....their produict is exceptionaly potent. I'd say this place ONLY sells very HIGH END marijuana, as opposed to a variety of quaity and prices, which accounts for their price range. And by high end, I'm talking the kushest med pot I have ever smoked in the LA area.
Selection: Excellent. Not only did they have many strains of marijauna, but they also had numerous munchies and, MY FAVORITE, hash oil pills. Theyb had a wide selection of those and they looked gnarly! Keif, hash, and tinctures also looked bountiful. Also, this place takes credit cards, a change from "cash only" which is the policy at my other club. That can be a pain if i"m 10 bucks short.
I will definately go back, on months when I have some extra bucks to throw around. But I will most likely stick to my other club for regular purchases as I still get good quality medicine at cheaper prices. Tuis is a GREAT club for people seeking top quality buds and have the casht o pay for them, but probably not the greatest for low income or tight budgeted folks.
-PM

GS, my pleasure. Expect more reviews of new clubs, I am braodening my horizons and begining to sample many of the new clubs opening up in the San Fernando valley and areas close to it. It seems like almost overnight the LA area went from ahve 3-5 clubs to having multiple clubs in multiple coumtys! There are at least 6 new clubs in the Northridge/Granada hills area, which is close to me, that seems to have just appeared out fo nowehere, and I'm interested in trying them to compare to the weed in Amsterdam, which I am visiting at the end of this year (the lastcouple of time's I have been there, i was NOT a medical marijauna patient).
Expect MANY pictures and video from THAT trip ;-)
-PM

Couple month ago I picked up some of their 818 Kush ( $701/8), quality of their 818 Kush was comparable with some of the other co-ops in the same price range, nothing really spectacular. Since I got the free gram for being a first timer, 4.5 grams for $70 made it worth while. The only problem I have with this co-op is that they don't weight the herb in front of you; someone in the back will fill your order. I like to see and examine what I'm getting before I put my money down.

Smokewell, yes, the free gram was a nice surprise when I went there the first time as well. As to not weighing in front of you, you must not have noticed it, but there is a digital scale sitting on their counter with a friendly sign offering the use of the scale to weigh your goods before you leave. Next time, utilize it to ensure you are getting what you paid for :)
-PM

I just took 3 bong hits off of NHC's Sour Dedisler, and I am V E R Y medicated. The quality is just excellent, I feel compelled to raise my review rating from "good" for pricing to "very good". 240 bucks for a half of this was a very good deal.
-PM

Back
Top Bottom