Not again: Help please

Leappy

Hi all.. this plant is flowering.. its a bit of a weedy looking thing but she is doing ok.. I have noticed a few "male balls" on her.. is there anything I can do about this without having to distroy the whole plant.. I have other flowering females and I really dont want them polinated.. please can you suggest anything I could do without taking the plant out :(
51186871_1904520519656281_208927623256997888_n.jpg
51275643_239366123676714_6326898830335803392_n.jpg
51308483_369007977217989_137567660756959232_n.jpg
51626364_388857525182089_5077034141422190592_n.jpg

All you can try is to carefully remove ever sac and keep up on it daily. Looks like they are pretty developed already so I wouldn't be surprised if a few more hidden ones have spewed. Get them all off asap and stay on it is all you can do. Good luck.

At least isolate it well from the others quickly. Some of those sacks will be opening soon. I know it sucks, we have all been there. Unless something in your environment gave good reason to hermie out its weak genetics and just dont belong. If you can isolate it and pull off as many as you can so it doesn't impregnate itself too much you can finish growing it out and use the buds for wax or cooking Etc. Not saying they won't be any good for smoking but it won't be the best or as good as it could have been.

At least isolate it well from the others quickly. Some of those sacks will be opening soon. I know it sucks, we have all been there. Unless something in your environment gave good reason to hermie out its weak genetics and just dont belong. If you can isolate it and pull off as many as you can so it doesn't impregnate itself too much you can finish growing it out and use the buds for wax or cooking Etc. Not saying they won't be any good for smoking but it won't be the best or as good as it could have been.

You quite right fanleaf.. I am gonna kill it.. I had another look and found a few mature seeds.. I hope it has not messsed with my other plants as well.. thank you for the quick reply app it.. Yeah it does suck lol

And trust that if you can see a few, there's a few you don't. Id chop it, mate. Make some decent oil....

Hi. On a similiar subject.... When I harvested my last grow I found a number of what I presume were very immature male sacs around the nodes of some of the buds. I found one very immature seed. What did that mean? Would that effect the potency?

Hi. On a similiar subject.... When I harvested my last grow I found a number of what I presume were very immature male sacs around the nodes of some of the buds. I found one very immature seed. What did that mean? Would that effect the potency?
Hey Calvados.. I am not the person to ask sorry friend.. first time grower here.. maybe one of the more experienced growers would be able to answer that Q for you.. maybe MassMedMan could help here

Hey Fanleaf.. with regards to the plant I pulled out a yesterday.. I was having a closer look at the female that was nearest to it and have found some seeds.. what does this mean for this particular plant.. can I continue to remove the seeds and let her grow or will she be totally ruined.. could you please let me know.. its gonna kill me to rip out another plant lol.. really am so dissapointed. I have added a few pics of another plant that is flowering nicely .. is there anything I should look out for.. I would hate her to be spoilt
51275648_363916037493328_7400194987054333952_n.jpg
51270227_347048752814204_4397844608986382336_n.jpg

If you found immature seeds it happened late in flower.

Once a plant, female, goes from resin production, to seed production the potential potency will and should go down. Depends on when that happens.. plenty of good bud out there that is seeded. We've all smoked it. It's not ideal, but, if it's free im ok with it.

If you found immature seeds it happened late in flower.

Once a plant, female, goes from resin production, to seed production the potential potency will and should go down. Depends on when that happens.. plenty of good bud out there that is seeded. We've all smoked it. It's not ideal, but, if it's free im ok with it.
You’re right. It did happen late in flower. I couldn’t figure out when to harvest and I had an unrelated problem with powdery mildew, which freaked me out. I live in the UK. The temperatures were down in the 50s at night. Would that have something to do with it? As far as potency goes this stuff is strong (Jack Herer). I presume it could have been stronger, but it wouldn’t have made any difference to me.

Hey Calvados.. I am not the person to ask sorry friend.. first time grower here.. maybe one of the more experienced growers would be able to answer that Q for you.. maybe MassMedMan could help here

Thanks bro. I’m just finished with my 3rd grow, so not too far ahead of you. This is all about learning.

Tough question to answer. That trait could be in the genetics for that genotype. Stress can bring out those traits.... I'm no scientist, but I have a lot of them around me and we talk. Being outdoors, could be stray pollen that hit a bud. When im growing outdoors I don't worry about seeds... to many variables. Long as the smoke is good ;)

Back
Top Bottom