Not growing towards the light?

Majmunce

420 Member
Hi all.

Iv bought a new 105 or if it was a 135w cfl lamp and changed it from some shitty halogen iv had earlier and now the plant stopped growing towards the light? I have the bulb like 5-10 cm from the top but the leaves are almost hanging. Are cfl like that or should the plant grow towards the light like it does with hps and all the other lamps?

It'd an easyryder autoflower and she's been in flowering stage for about a month and 1-2 weeks

Hi all.

Iv bought a new 105 or if it was a 135w cfl lamp and changed it from some shitty halogen iv had earlier and now the plant stopped growing towards the light? I have the bulb like 5-10 cm from the top but the leaves are almost hanging. Are cfl like that or should the plant grow towards the light like it does with hps and all the other lamps?

It'd an easyryder autoflower and she's been in flowering stage for about a month and 1-2 weeks

Some pics would help. What type of soil? What is the humidity? How much are you watering? Are you ph balancing your water?

Start with a pic or 2 and we will see what we can do to help. :peace:

Some pics would help. What type of soil? What is the humidity? How much are you watering? Are you ph balancing your water?

Start with a pic or 2 and we will see what we can do to help. :peace:

The soil is regular flowering soil whitout perlite so is pretty compact. I'm not ph balancing my water iv never even read anything about that. Watering like once a week or even less.
I don't think it has anything to do with any of that since this happens after I changed the light. That's when it stopped growing towards the light. Can it maybe be that the bulb is a 6500k ? And if it is, would it still grow towards the light or does it grow towards the light ONLY if it is a 2700k while it is in flower?

If you are in flower, you do not want the bright white light (6500K) is fine for veg, but you need a softer warmer light for flower (2700k). My pots have plenty of Perlite in them. I use a combination of 1 part Fox Farms Ocean Forest, 1 Part Pro Mix BX and 1 Part Perlite. you want good drainage. The PH of your soil should be between 6.5 and 7 for soil. If you check your water and it is off you can raise and lower the ph of the water. Here is a chart of how ph effects the nutrient uptake.

rs_rs_ph_nutrient_availability.gif

:peace:

If you are in flower, you do not want the bright white light (6500K) is fine for veg, but you need a softer warmer light for flower (2700k). My pots have plenty of Perlite in them. I use a combination of 1 part Fox Farms Ocean Forest, 1 Part Pro Mix BX and 1 Part Perlite. you want good drainage. The PH of your soil should be between 6.5 and 7 for soil. If you check your water and it is off you can raise and lower the ph of the water. Here is a chart of how ph effects the nutrient uptake.

rs_rs_ph_nutrient_availability.gif

:peace:

Yeah, I know I need the 2700k now that's what I'm afraid of, that they have sent me the 6500 now that iv been waiting 25 days for the lamp to get to my hands lol, I ordered it from China haha. So anything is possible. Hope it is a 2700.
How do I check the ph of my water ? Iv checked the package of the soil now and it says that it is between 6-7.

Oh shit.. I forgot to mention that iv tried to tie/bend the plant down a bit today and it snaped on 2 places in the main stem so she is like supercropped now. Maybe that's what causes that the leaves aren't growing towards the light?

Oh shit.. I forgot to mention that iv tried to tie/bend the plant down a bit today and it snaped on 2 places in the main stem so she is like supercropped now. Maybe that's what causes that the leaves aren't growing towards the light?

Not sure where you are, but you can get CFLs from Home Depot or Lowes. If you can't find 2700k the 3500k will work. When I grew with CFLs, I would buy a box of 12 from Lowes and put 2 on each lamp with a "y" adapter.:peace:

Not sure where you are, but you can get CFLs from Home Depot or Lowes. If you can't find 2700k the 3500k will work. When I grew with CFLs, I would buy a box of 12 from Lowes and put 2 on each lamp with a "y" adapter.:peace:

We have lowes but I wanted a stronger one and a 135w cost like 50€ so I bought one from China for only 10€
I don't have that much space to use 12 bulbs :/ well I'll try this one for a week or so and see if I would change anything

when doing any kind of cropping/training even lst ur plant will require recovery time me personally i dont think u r feeding/watering enough but then again i feed my plants everyday if u broke the main stalk a few times u might want to prepare yourself for the worst. a dead plant! hopefully u didn't break it too low and u can still pull off a nice scrog when it comes to ur plant following the light it will regardless of the kind or spectrum the light is its only source of life and it will use every bit of the spectrum it can

it might be that the plant hasent stopped growing but stopped stretching. the halogen was prolly not the best spectrum of light causing the plant to stretch. the cfl should make for more compact growth then the halogen.

Ok so even though the plant isn't stretching to the light it doesn't mean that she isn't getting the light she needs ? She's maybe still growing right ?

Once you plant is blooming it will most likely not grow much higher strain dependent. You are problems done with the stretch, watch for the buds stacking calyx and swelling.

OH yeah that's right, I totally forgot that and got panicked when I realised that she wasn't stretching to the light :p well I'll keep that in mind on my next plant

If it is not broken all the way through, it probably doesn't need duct tape. I have tapes the ones that I can see pulp on. :peace:

Oh okej, well it isn't broken all the way trough. I'll leave her hang like this in a couple more days and see if it will recover. If not I'll straighten her upp again and duct tape her

Back
Top Bottom