Not much room left

stickyAKbud

Im starting to run outta vertical space in my GR. Would topping the plant stop the vertical growth??Or will it still reach for the light???Need help fast on this one..Thanks

yeah, I understand that, but what should I do to stop the rapid vertical growth???Maybe I forgot to mention, its flowering right now and is about 4 ft tall, It was about maybe 3 when I started flowering, so how much taller should it get

is it a indica or a sativa?...if its an indica it shouldnt get much taller. if its a sativa that plant can reach up to 12 feet tall....but they tend to grow indoors only 6-7 feet tall...its to late to scrog...and probly a little too late for lst since you started to flower already...how far are you into flowering?

I know it would take away from the top but what if I was too put the light on the sides of the plant???would this stress out the plant at all??Im just running out of room and fast.

northern lights is a indica...........lst or "light stress training. is where you tie the top of the plant down to the ground. putting lights on the sides of the plants will do nothing...how much room you got left to work with?

are you using a ballast or cfls?....cfls the you dont have much to worry about because you can keep them and inch away from your plant without burn...i dont see an indica getting another foot and a half tall during flowering...

right on man I'm using cfl's, hey thanks for the input, I just dont want this thing to outgrow my room.Next time Im going to only veg for 2-3wks then flower, this is my first real grow and its been quite the experience!!! But this being my first grow I did make some mistakes but I prevailed, so thats why I want to try some different methods on my next grow. But hey thanks again stonergrower4, I feel a bit better now

No problem man. Like you said next time dont veg for so long. That helps to keep the plants shorter, but they will still make the normal stretch during flower which isnt to much but they do gain some mass. Ive had plants grow into my flourescent tubes and they werent phased at all by it, as cfls barely put out any heat at all. So you should be find in that matter, but next time if your trying to keep things short, then go with either LST or SCROG. If you have any other questions just PM me man.

Back
Top Bottom