Not root rot - But main stem rot just near top soil - Please help

baxbax

hello
i'm very unlucky grower this is my 11 flipping original seed that is flipping up this plant that i was decide switch it to flower after buying hps but today i found my main stalk just near soil surface is rotted like a rotted apple i removed this part of easy breaking stem and then center is still hard still the plant is eating lower leaves just my lol is roots are white and shiny as winter snow but main stalk rotted very bad i dont know what is my mistake just luck just bad luck i becoming kind of master plant problem finder now i experience every problem and solve just didnt see anywhere this odd problem
strin : dp dps
how long veg : very loong
light : cfl's
ph 6.5
soil : mixed sandy garden soil + peat moss + coco
/////////////////// see picture //////:rip::cough::scratchinghead::bitingnails::sorry:

IMAG015819.jpg

IMAG015922.jpg

IMAG015620.jpg

IMAG015723.jpg

i take this pictures and decide post them as flowering start question but...

IMAG014526.jpg

The pics of the soil you show do not have near enough drainage. having some perlite in there is not good enough. Minimum 1/4 of the soil mix must be perlite. I wont use less than about 1/3 perlite.

It is hard to fix that problem now because you would want to repot in a decent soil mix and whack them back to start over. The soil you are using will not allow for the proper humidity in the soil and that is causing some of your problems.

The incorrect lighting is creating a few problems that make it so it really doesn't matter what you do. Now you say you have a new light which is a start.

If you really want to make that work...Get the decent light up there, let it dry out, repot into a decent blend (knocking off as much of that bad soil as you can), then after it rebounds chop off the top 2/3 rds and try to get decent stem growth from what is left . If it is under a good light in proper humidity and temps it will come back eventually, if done correctly, with proper physiology and allow for proper bud formation.

Even if we waved a magic wand and that rot disappeared and you got the right light in there today... the physiology of that plant is so stretched that you will end up with dissatisfying small buds. There are too many way immature sites that are at too many different heights for an indoor grow.

Best of luck!

:Namaste:

And don't remove any more of the rot. All you are doing is exposing what is left to the problem. Let it dry out.

When you repot you are going to want to recondition the soil that is left. You probably have some wrong fungus now and maybe an infection. You are going to need to dry it out to a point that the plant looks over dried, repot and recondition the soil with beneficial bacteria and enzymes.

The pics of the soil you show do not have near enough drainage. having some perlite in there is not good enough. Minimum 1/4 of the soil mix must be perlite. I wont use less than about 1/3 perlite.

It is hard to fix that problem now because you would want to repot in a decent soil mix and whack them back to start over. The soil you are using will not allow for the proper humidity in the soil and that is causing some of your problems.

The incorrect lighting is creating a few problems that make it so it really doesn't matter what you do. Now you say you have a new light which is a start.

If you really want to make that work...Get the decent light up there, let it dry out, repot into a decent blend (knocking off as much of that bad soil as you can), then after it rebounds chop off the top 2/3 rds and try to get decent stem growth from what is left . If it is under a good light in proper humidity and temps it will come back eventually, if done correctly, with proper physiology and allow for proper bud formation.

Even if we waved a magic wand and that rot disappeared and you got the right light in there today... the physiology of that plant is so stretched that you will end up with dissatisfying small buds. There are too many way immature sites that are at too many different heights for an indoor grow.

Best of luck!

:Namaste:

yes i didnt use so much perlite in it just i accept mandala seed co. to don't use much perlite in it - u say my light cause this problem i was going well through veg with cfl until i repot it to bigger container problem i think start from there - i have in every side of plant one clf just inch top of leaves if i used hps far from plant it will not better then this cfl's and i also see such great journals ended up floweing even with cfl ? i think the stretch is because this pure sativa strain dp i see some another journals of dp streched so much - i will never grow sativa indoor again also.
my soil was : same amount of garden soil mixed with same amount peat moss and a bit coco and a bit perlite . i cant find here any standard soil mix here and then because i mix my self - if i use 1/3 of whole mix with perlite will be ok i havent any nutrient or ph problem with my mix it was nice also whole my roots are white if i overwater and have poor drain why my roots and other main stem in deepr soil in healthy ? just happened to this 2 cm of under top soil -

// i remove soil of this effected area and i let it dry-- center is not effected and rest of root main stem is ok under rest of soil // will be fine ?

the another problem to cause this rot i think is my near soil stem just was opening its wounds and maybe water can get inside it and rot where the stems was opened

// the picture i posted is with removed all rotted stems isn't other rot effect area in center to remove i cehcked also deeper part its ok and hard and healthy with also healthey and white roots //

Well I am 100% positive that I KNOW the stretch is due to the poor lights. I grow stumpy sativa all the time. Stretch is about lights and nothing more.

CFL is for cloning and nothing more if you want to do it correctly. You keep posting that you Know this and Know that but what you follow those claims up with is just false info... so best of luck my friend.

This is Sativa my freind...

2 weeks

Side_Cropped.jpg

maybe 3 weeks...I can't remember I smoked a lot since then.

TopView1_9.jpg

400W HPS

hello
i'm very unlucky grower this is my 11 flipping original seed that is flipping up this plant that i was decide switch it to flower after buying hps but today i found my main stalk just near soil surface is rotted like a rotted apple i removed this part of easy breaking stem and then center is still hard still the plant is eating lower leaves just my lol is roots are white and shiny as winter snow but main stalk rotted very bad i dont know what is my mistake just luck just bad luck i becoming kind of master plant problem finder now i experience every problem and solve just didnt see anywhere this odd problem
strin : dp dps
how long veg : very loong
light : cfl's
ph 6.5
soil : mixed sandy garden soil + peat moss + coco
/

This looks like the dreaded damping off disease... caused by keeping the surface of the soil wet and by sitting in water. This is one of the many reasons that we recommend drying the soil out all the way to the bottom in most soil grows.

Not sure if anyone said this, but i dont think you should water the stock directly unless its a light watering in the center and a slightly more heavy along the outter parts of the pot. -2 cents

i dont water anymore my top soil always get dry after 4 day i decide dont water up to 1 week now

/// will recover? any hope ? will this stem become fat again ? what plant will do now ??//
the effected part of stem is now compelete dry and hard and i decide keep this part always free of soil maybe become stem again ???

IMAG016316.jpg

IMAG016423.jpg

IMAG016621.jpg

IMAG016929.jpg

Good old days :laugh:

As I clearly remember the stem shattered while I was trying to remove it from box , I had lots of clones from it , but all became dead , the reason why I was using such a hard soil was : I was thinking clay soil will give me easier grow without nutrient problem ,it did job , but stem rotted due to low drainage , the other reason for this was cold winter days and cold room and soil

Back
Top Bottom