Not sure how to Grow

Thread starter #1

poly

Hey guys,

I have a Tent with the size of 1m x 1m with the height of 2m.
I also have a Mars II with 700w.
My first Plan was to go hydro/dwc. My Setup is complete. My seeds are in their First week and are looking happy. But i have my doubts if thats the right way for me, since i have the Focus on quality not on quantity. I consider a switch to soil with high brix.

The following questions are the Main reasons for my "Not sure" feeling.

1. Pythium, i have no a/c available, so the temperature in my Tent is between 19degrees Celsius and 25 degrees Celsius. I read many time, that temps above 21degrees Celsius are problematic.

2. The constant fight against high ph. I Do have phosphoric acid to lower the ph, but to be honest its a pain in the Ass. There are too many factors in dwc that speed up the rise of ph. And I also think soil is much easier to handle in that case.

3. The Cost. All the equipment thats needs for dwc. Well i have all that stuff, but all the cables and tubes, everything needs to be cleaned and I am A lazy guy. :) yeah and the Walter needs to be changed every 7-10 days...

My final question. I think i can get better quality with less hassle on soil with high brix, am i right?

Thank you very much for your answers. I hope everything is clear since i am no native english speaker :) :peace:

Antics

420 Member
Thread starter #3

poly

thanks for your response Antics! Its not that i am not motivated enough, its just that feeling that i may sabotage my plant if i do something wrong. I also read multiple times, that you cant achieve the quality of a soil grow with dwc. That may be a myth, but it looks like i have no other choice as try it out on my own :)

Thread starter #5

poly

Well i started doing it the easy way now. 3 Plants in Soil and 3 in DWC :) :peace:

Thread starter #7

poly

Since all 6 Plants are Lemon Kush from Female Seeds, i will Grow Journal that :) But a Grow Journal without Pictures is a boring Journal. And i dont like boring Journals, so i may have to wait until my new cam arrives. ^.^

Since all 6 Plants are Lemon Kush from Female Seeds, i will Grow Journal that :) But a Grow Journal without Pictures is a boring Journal. And i dont like boring Journals, so i may have to wait until my new cam arrives. ^.^
Agreed - pics are important. You could get started though! Let me know if/how I can help.

Fuzzy Duck

This was soil vs hempy bucket grow - http://www.420magazine.com/forums/c...69-fuzzy-hempy-bucket-chrystal-f1-hybrid.html

That was my best yielding strain grown to date or would off if bud rot did not occur, suspected RH spike during lights off due to hempy buckets & i suspect it may be problem with most hydro grows to be honest but may depend if ya in a high or low RH land/world area ???

If ya in high RH part of the world ya may want to run a dehumidifier with hydro systems !

How ever hempy buckets are a run to waste system & may need aprox 15% to 25% run off to readdress correct PH level Ec/PPM etc etc etc every other day, so it may be costly in nutrients beyond other methods & even DWC may be the same as ya need to top up regular !

So soil grows are a bit more care free in my own opinion water/feed forget rinse and repeat.....

Providing soil PH is some where between PH 6 & 7 ya do just fine, i wouldn't bother with PH correcting nutrients or even measuring run off.... as soil is self buffering in PH nature which can be observed !

Thread starter #11

poly

Just for your information, i ditched the DWC for now, since the 3 dwc plants were growing so much slower compared to the soil ones.

In my next grow i may run dwc again, but with a more powerful airpump, the one is used just did 250l/h (66gph) and was quite noisy ..

Obi Wan

Hi poly,

Have you considered a hempy bucket style grow? It's kind of a hybrid. Feeds and grows like to soil with the control of hydro. Check out my Aurora Indica journal for a quick overview.

Cheers!
/Obi Wan
:Namaste: