Not sure how to Grow

poly

Hey guys,

I have a Tent with the size of 1m x 1m with the height of 2m.
I also have a Mars II with 700w.
My first Plan was to go hydro/dwc. My Setup is complete. My seeds are in their First week and are looking happy. But i have my doubts if thats the right way for me, since i have the Focus on quality not on quantity. I consider a switch to soil with high brix.

The following questions are the Main reasons for my "Not sure" feeling.

1. Pythium, i have no a/c available, so the temperature in my Tent is between 19degrees Celsius and 25 degrees Celsius. I read many time, that temps above 21degrees Celsius are problematic.

2. The constant fight against high ph. I Do have phosphoric acid to lower the ph, but to be honest its a pain in the Ass. There are too many factors in dwc that speed up the rise of ph. And I also think soil is much easier to handle in that case.

3. The Cost. All the equipment thats needs for dwc. Well i have all that stuff, but all the cables and tubes, everything needs to be cleaned and I am A lazy guy. :) yeah and the Walter needs to be changed every 7-10 days...

My final question. I think i can get better quality with less hassle on soil with high brix, am i right?

Thank you very much for your answers. I hope everything is clear since i am no native english speaker :) :peace:

Re: Not sure how to Grow...

Your temps are fine in the tent. You need to look at water temperature.

Soil PH rises too. It's just something that has to be done.

If you're not motivated enough to clean things, and change out the water, etc... a soil grow might be more to your liking.

This can help: How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

thanks for your response Antics! Its not that i am not motivated enough, its just that feeling that i may sabotage my plant if i do something wrong. I also read multiple times, that you cant achieve the quality of a soil grow with dwc. That may be a myth, but it looks like i have no other choice as try it out on my own :)

Well i started doing it the easy way now. 3 Plants in Soil and 3 in DWC :) :peace:

Since all 6 Plants are Lemon Kush from Female Seeds, i will Grow Journal that :) But a Grow Journal without Pictures is a boring Journal. And i dont like boring Journals, so i may have to wait until my new cam arrives. ^.^

Since all 6 Plants are Lemon Kush from Female Seeds, i will Grow Journal that :) But a Grow Journal without Pictures is a boring Journal. And i dont like boring Journals, so i may have to wait until my new cam arrives. ^.^

Agreed - pics are important. You could get started though! Let me know if/how I can help.

This was soil vs hempy bucket grow - Fuzzy & the Hempy Bucket - Chrystal F1 Hybrid

That was my best yielding strain grown to date or would off if bud rot did not occur, suspected RH spike during lights off due to hempy buckets & i suspect it may be problem with most hydro grows to be honest but may depend if ya in a high or low RH land/world area ???

If ya in high RH part of the world ya may want to run a dehumidifier with hydro systems !

How ever hempy buckets are a run to waste system & may need aprox 15% to 25% run off to readdress correct PH level Ec/PPM etc etc etc every other day, so it may be costly in nutrients beyond other methods & even DWC may be the same as ya need to top up regular !

So soil grows are a bit more care free in my own opinion water/feed forget rinse and repeat.....

Providing soil PH is some where between PH 6 & 7 ya do just fine, i wouldn't bother with PH correcting nutrients or even measuring run off.... as soil is self buffering in PH nature which can be observed !

Just for your information, i ditched the DWC for now, since the 3 dwc plants were growing so much slower compared to the soil ones.

In my next grow i may run dwc again, but with a more powerful airpump, the one is used just did 250l/h (66gph) and was quite noisy ..

Hi poly,

Have you considered a hempy bucket style grow? It's kind of a hybrid. Feeds and grows like to soil with the control of hydro. Check out my Aurora Indica journal for a quick overview.

Cheers!
/Obi Wan
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom