Weedman11

How’s it going everybody! I’m fairly new to growing and have my own first grow tent up and running now, growing 5 Cotton Candy Kush. It’s a 4x4 with 1000w dimmable ballast, only running mh at 750 during veg currently. About 16 days in now since sprouting and have on 18/6 in fox farm ocean forest soil. Plants have been doing well up till about yesterday when I noticed these brownish spots developing on the slowest of the group (not by much though). Anywho, I’ve been doing a bunch of research but can’t quite distinguish myself between whether it might be a deficiency, overwatering, etc. I have only been feeding fresh water ph’d at 6.3 about every other day or so but I think may potentially be too frequently. However, today I began on week one of the feeding schedule at 1/2 strength due to soil nutrients. Along with that I was pretty nervous about mites, but after inspection found no signs of them or webbing at all, but will continue to do so. Whatever info you may be able to help provide to remedy the situation would be so very appreciated!

Attachments

• 076E535E-E686-4004-8B6F-02405AE14164.jpeg
    076E535E-E686-4004-8B6F-02405AE14164.jpeg
    779.5 KB · Views: 171
  • 88FDDD12-E805-484A-90FA-946A234BA2D3.jpeg
    88FDDD12-E805-484A-90FA-946A234BA2D3.jpeg
    636.6 KB · Views: 176
Potassium excess and or calcium deficiency in my opinion.
Yeah I was leaning more toward calcium deficiency since they haven’t had nutes introduced until tonight about an hour prior to the post. You think that starting that will get them going back to normal greens or should I clip those leaves? I’m planning on beginning to manifold them in a few days anyway. Thanks for the input!

When you say "fresh" water, what do you mean? Welcome.
Thanks for the question, I mean I’ve taken it from the tap, used reverse osmosis then ph’d to 6.3 with ppm at close to near 250 for the first couple weeks, now at about 600 ppm after nutes added. Also water is at 68F when feeding.

Get it into a real pot FILLED to the top with good soil or coco would be a good first step.
Can you elaborate on “real pot”? They’re not big enough for the permanent pot yet, maybe in a week I’ll transplant from the 3 to a 5, but also how is that not good soil?

Fabric pot after you achieve a good root ball.
Do you let them dry out between watering?
If not, you might be over watering.

You may benefit from reading the link located in my signature box called:

"How to properly water a potted plant" by Emilya.

Good luck.

Thanks for the question, I mean I’ve taken it from the tap, used reverse osmosis then ph’d to 6.3 with ppm at close to near 250 for the first couple weeks, now at about 600 ppm after nutes added. Also water is at 68F when feeding.
RO water is OK, but has no Ca/Mg in it. That may be your problem. If your tap water is alkali, try using it. If it isn't alkali, add Ca/Mg.

Fabric pot after you achieve a good root ball.
Do you let them dry out between watering?
If not, you might be over watering.

You may benefit from reading the link located in my signature box called:

"How to properly water a potted plant" by Emilya.

Good luck.
Yeah I think that may be the case if not the deficiency I’ve definitely been babying them and perhaps have overdone it. Thanks for the link I got it bookmarked, great info!

Careful feeding nutes this early in FFOF soil

Nuff nutes in the soil for 4-5 weeks, including up potting

Get some Calmag and see how she responds

Looks like you may have gotten a bit of light stress on the older growth(from when the plants were younger). The newer growth looks like it is handling the light pretty good. If your ph meters are accurate and your letting your pots get light between watering you should not change anything. (Except for less light for seedlings in the future)

Careful feeding nutes this early in FFOF soil

Nuff nutes in the soil for 4-5 weeks, including up potting

Get some Calmag and see how she responds
I concur. Too early on with that soil to be needing nutes. Like others have said. Check your lights and ease up on the watering.

Looks like you may have gotten a bit of light stress on the older growth(from when the plants were younger). The newer growth looks like it is handling the light pretty good. If your ph meters are accurate and your letting your pots get light between watering you should not change anything. (Except for less light for seedlings in the future)
Totally that makes sense, never even occurred to me. They’ve been doing well since, I clipped the lower foliage to start the manifold and they’re doing great now. Light is hung about 5 ft above running 750 MH now. Going to switch to 1000W hps at flower with 4 45W LED’s during last few weeks. That sound pretty solid to you?

Also how do you guys keep the temps lower. Mine isn’t too bad typically between 76-83F during day and about 10 degrees cooler at night. However I’ve found them reaching 85-88 about 3 times am not not exactly sure how to go about it. I have a 6 inch inline pulling through carbon filter as the exhaust In the top right corner of the tent, along with a 4 in inline at the base pushing cooler air in, as well as an oscillating fan inside. But any other tip as to a more efficient method would be appreciated. Thanks everyone for the insight!

Also how do you guys keep the temps lower. Mine isn’t too bad typically between 76-83F during day and about 10 degrees cooler at night. However I’ve found them reaching 85-88 about 3 times am not not exactly sure how to go about it. I have a 6 inch inline pulling through carbon filter as the exhaust In the top right corner of the tent, along with a 4 in inline at the base pushing cooler air in, as well as an oscillating fan inside. But any other tip as to a more efficient method would be appreciated. Thanks everyone for the insight!
The 4 inch fan may actually be slowing down your ventilation, if it moves less air than your 6 inch fan.

Back
Top Bottom