Not sure which lights?

Blazed227

Ok so currently im runnin 2 600 watt hps/mh looking to replace that with leds/cobs whichever.. anyway i have seen a few that seem to be pretty decent for being no name brands.. are the cobs that much better then reg leds? My room is a 3.5x8x7 was thinking 4 of the meizhi 900(200.00ea) or 1200 (280.00ea)and maybe 4 200 watt smaller cobs.. any other suggestions would be great. Cause i really have no idea... the meizhi are also daisy chainable.. which is a plus also plus they seem like a pretty decent light for the price

Ok so currently im runnin 2 600 watt hps/mh looking to replace that with leds/cobs whichever.. anyway i have seen a few that seem to be pretty decent for being no name brands.. are the cobs that much better then reg leds? My room is a 3.5x8x7 was thinking 4 of the meizhi 900(200.00ea) or 1200 (280.00ea)and maybe 4 200 watt smaller cobs.. any other suggestions would be great. Cause i really have no idea... the meizhi are also daisy chainable.. which is a plus also plus they seem like a pretty decent light for the price
Two 200w fixtures 4-cxb3590 3500k 36v cobs with a neanwell hlg-I 85h-c1400b driver will replace one 600 w fixture
420-magazine-mobile1480982544.jpg

You will need four of these

Is there any u would recommend that are already built? I just don't have the time right now to build my own.. looking for some decent cobs that aren't real expensive..

Ya. Lighting is the most expensive part of any set up. But if you buy COBs theynlast for years. Those blurple lights only last a few years if you're lucky. You could look at citi1212, luminous devices CXM 22 or Vero 18. All in the $14 range. Anyone of these is 4 times better than any blurple light on the market.

Those blurple lights only last a few years if you're lucky.

Come on Jimmy, I know your a COB enthusiast... and COBS are awesome for most situations, but lets not stretch the truth here....

This may be true for cheap LEDs... but not all "blurple" lights use cheap LEDs...

Osram SSLS have a LM-95 of 100,000 hours...

Every COB I've seen has a LM-80 of less than 50,000 hours....

double the lifetime of a cob...

In all fairness, yes for a lower priced option, COBS generally beat out any other option including blurples within the price range.... but they also aren't the holy grail either and have limitations.

Come on Jimmy, I know your a COB enthusiast... and COBS are awesome for most situations, but lets not stretch the truth here....

This may be true for cheap LEDs... but not all "blurple" lights use cheap LEDs...

Osram SSLS have a LM-95 of 100,000 hours...

Every COB I've seen has a LM-80 of less than 50,000 hours....

double the lifetime of a cob...

In all fairness, yes for a lower priced option, COBS generally beat out any other option including blurples within the price range.... but they also aren't the holy grail either and have limitations.

My Vero chips have a 10 year warranty. I've yet to see any osram SMD with a similar warranty. I'm not a fan of blurple and yes I am biased against them having owned an un-named company's light (which has the name of a planet) that burned out diode by diode until the unit died.
But on the blurple light topic I will say that 2 wavelengths for flower is a stupid idea. That's right...stupid. Whoever brought the idea forward that plants only need 2 spectra of light is an idiot. Plants need so much more. Ask a botanist.
High end COBs beat any blurple light on the market hands down.
Fact.

My Vero chips have a 10 year warranty. I've yet to see any osram SMD with a similar warranty. I'm not a fan of blurple and yes I am biased against them having owned an un-named company's light (which has the name of a planet) that burned out diode by diode until the unit died.
But on the blurple light topic I will say that 2 wavelengths for flower is a stupid idea. That's right...stupid. Whoever brought the idea forward that plants only need 2 spectra of light is an idiot. Plants need so much more. Ask a botanist.
High end COBs beat any blurple light on the market hands down.
Fact.

You have a right to your opinion... facts are facts...

COBs have lumen maintenance that are under 50,000 hours..most SMD's do as well, but not all... that's what I am saying. Osram SSL's last longer than COBS by their lumen maintenance rating of 100,000 hours... thats a fact...

The rest of whatever you are trying to bring up is irrelevant... I'm simply correcting your misleading opinion on lumen maintenance and longevity of SMD chips...

Jimmyjames905 u just sold me on not buying 600w hps and just make one using Cree lights. Any additional info???? .........

Yes. Buy the chips and holders from Jamie at Cobkits. He has excellent prices and service. You can fit 4 Cree 36v chips on a HLG-240h-1750b. Make sure it's the b model with dimmer. You can also use the HLG 185-1400 and fit 4 or goneven lower if you can afford a cob per foot. You WILL ABSOLUTELY NEED TO USE THE DIMMER! You can get 180 lm per watt or higher quality on a Cree array. But it ain't gonna be cheap.

Back
Top Bottom