Nothern Colorado Outoor TopSkunk44 harvest pics

jbljake

420 Member
Here's a few pictures of 3 clones I flowered outside this season. I wish I would have gotten more pictures of them growing but I did manage to get some inside pictures before and after trimming.

The images are of 2 of the clones. I failed to get any pre-trim images of the smallest.

The BIG girl
PA150872.JPG

Big girl main cola

PA150870.JPG

The middle[sized] child
PA130836.JPG
Half trimmed
PA130854crop.jpg

Middle child main cola trimmed
PA130862.JPG
PA130861.JPG

Lady on the Big girl
PA150878.JPG
... More images to come after 1 week in drying room.:peace:

Very nice. Are these autos? My Master Kush didn't really start flowering until mid Sept. and I'm trying to finish it off inside now but my buds aren't nearly that large yet.

Altitiude: No these are photo-period. I had the mother on 24 hrs for 2 years she loved vegging all day. Heres my old journal of that: JblJakes Indoor Top Skunk 44 March 2013
I got these feminized seeds from Attitude. Search for Top Skunk 44
Also: I selected this strain for its quick flowering properties. The 44 is supposed to stand for 44 days of flower but I let them go as long as I could.

I'm finding it helps a lot to get the clones a good start inside then bring them out as soon as you can (after last frost). These were also placed in an area with decent south sun for more light during the flowing.

This diagram sort of explains my thinking...
sun-path.png

Altitiude: No these are photo-period. I had the mother on 24 hrs for 2 years she loved vegging all day. Heres my old journal of that: JblJakes Indoor Top Skunk 44 March 2013
I got these feminized seeds from Attitude. Search for Top Skunk 44
Also: I selected this strain for its quick flowering properties. The 44 is supposed to stand for 44 days of flower but I let them go as long as I could.

I'm finding it helps a lot to get the clones a good start inside then bring them out as soon as you can (after last frost). These were also placed in an area with decent south sun for more light during the flowing.

This diagram sort of explains my thinking...
sun-path.png

So you vegged for 2 years and then went outside. Our 12/12 cycle doesn't start until late Sept. I assume from the size of the buds that you were able to induce flowering earlier then that.

I vegged the mother for 2 years on 24 hours. She had an accident and snapped so never got a chance to flower outside. The pics are clones I took from the mother early in the year. I think I potted them and they went outside on 4/20. I only have a veg room so all flowering was done outside if that answers your question. I wish I would have gotten more shots of the buds during grow :straightface: Seems they do better vegging inside on 24hr veg during the early cold months. :peace:

I vegged the mother for 2 years on 24 hours. She had an accident and snapped so never got a chance to flower outside. The pics are clones I took from the mother early in the year. I think I potted them and they went outside on 4/20. I only have a veg room so all flowering was done outside if that answers your question. I wish I would have gotten more shots of the buds during grow :straightface: Seems they do better vegging inside on 24hr veg during the early cold months. :peace:

I misunderstood earlier, that had to be a heart breaker after putting 2 years into vegging her. You're able to start outside about 6 weeks earlier then I am so I'll guess you're at a much lower altitude. Amazing size on those buds for such a short flowering time. Mine didn't go into actual flowering until mid Sept. in this zone. I'm going to look into the strain you're growing but I'm leaning toward autos next year as I can only get about 3-4 weeks outdoors after flowering starts and that's if I cover them at night.

Ya I read some of your Master Kush grow- you are indeed much higher up and much colder I'm assuming. I'm right at 5,000'. I would look for some strains that have good track records being grown in northern cold climate and flower faster. The Top Skunk44 does also seem frost resistant. Last season they survived a few good frosts during those really cold October days we had. This season was much more mild here.

I was considering building a greenhouse for next season. I think you might have more luck with one as well. :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom