Nothing too serious

IceManEcko

Total new grower here, i just had a quick question concerning the phenotype that cannibis shows. Not a lighting problem or any health issues (unjinx) that i see , but If anybody thinks different please let me know( little burn spots on new leaf from contact with a cfl supplement light) Been reading up on the site for awhile. But havent found much on my current question..
Heres how she looks.. Ok for 3 weeks??

20141022_171137 - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

These are the tiny little "leaves"
20141022_171101 - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

Im unsure about the tiny little leaves growing above the node sites, i know they are probably just new branches\stems?? Also a faint, but stout skunky smell seems to be coming from the newest growth? Sign of stress?
Lastly is this a good time to begin Lsting.
Thanks for all your help.
May you be blessed with all the biggest buds
IceManEcho :thanks:

Re: Nothin to serious.

Total new grower here, i just had a quick question concerning the phenotype that cannibis shows. Not a lighting problem or any health issues (unjinx) that i see , but If anybody thinks different please let me know( little burn spots on new leaf from contact with a cfl supplement light) Been reading up on the site for awhile. But havent found much on my current question..
Heres how she looks.. Ok for 3 weeks??

20141022_171137 - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

These are the tiny little "leaves"
20141022_171101 - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

Im unsure about the tiny little leaves growing above the node sites, i know they are probably just new branches\stems?? Also a faint, but stout skunky smell seems to be coming from the newest growth? Sign of stress?
Lastly is this a good time to begin Lsting.
Thanks for all your help.
May you be blessed with all the biggest buds
IceManEcho :thanks:

Welcome to 420 Mag IceManEcho!

Missing a lot of info here man. Make sure to check this out so you can get the proper help.

How to Ask for Grow Support

It would be very hard to answer if it is ok for three weeks without knowing your lighting, soil, etc

Oh alright, right on man heres the set up...

SOIL GROW

Strain - im shitty i know, bagseed. But definitely dominant Indie
# of Plants - just the 1, not really looking for great harvest or female, just prospecting although would def be a plus, I know im playing at odds here..

Grow Type - Jiffy Seed starting, 100% organic mix.

Grow Stage - Vegetative for about 3 weeks or 4 with the seedling stage.

Bucket Size - 1.5 gallon round pot

Lights - (2) t5s. Three Cfls @ 1250 lumens and all 6500k. I know this is not ideal for flower but i will upgrade. Good for 1 plant though? Keep t5s 3 inches away and the cfls closer to 2 inches.
I use natural sun for 12 hours then finish off with 6 hours of light set up, is this ok?

Nutrients - close to zilch. 1 drop of MG to a 16oz bottle of distilled water. Pour 8oz of nute water then 8oz of just pure distiled water. MG NPK is 12-4-8. This is done every 2 waterings with about a little less than a weeks time. Only done it once so far though. No negitive or positive Pi's (physical Indicators) so far though from plant. Prolly shoulda planted a control.. Guess time will tell if this is ideal.

Medium - 45-55% Cannadian Sphgnum peat moss, with same amount of vermiculite and trace amounts of lime for ph balence. although I might need some perlite. but the soil seems really light.

PH - 6.5 after water runoff, but after runoff with the nutrient regime is more like 6.2.

RH - very low here in the south leaning toward 15-30% witch leads me to belive that misting more will need to be done in order to compensate..

Room Temperature -no higher than 85 (during day) Around 75 degrees when surrounded by the light set up use fan for air circulation and at most keep ambent temp around bulbs tolerable for plant. No lower than 65 at night. (Outside) read somwhere that virtualy nobody does the ideal night enviroment better than Mother Nature

Solution Tempeture- not down to a science but room temp shouldnt shock roots right?

Room Square Footage - 2 x 3 x 4 (hight)

Pests - the unfortunate fruitfly or two.. Have 2 worms in soil for airation and little nute boost droppings.

Roots are not yet bound or tightly packed I transplanted a few days ago.. But ive had two mishaps, and i felt really anxious. At the time because i thought i killed HER ( show me the money lol)
I dropped it twice. The first time wasn't bad the pot fell over.
But this second time i was sure i had murdered her.
While transplanting the plant fell away from the large ball of soil i dug up, trying to avoid cutting into roots... I mean i watched as it fell from about chest high , hitting my hand (trying to catch it) then tumbling down my leg as i tried to slow the fall. Pause.
Watching it fall felt like hours , the few it was on the ground felt like the same. i watched...... as if she was really gonna show immediate signs of death lol. The roots were almost complely exposed some soil remained intact though. I repotted immediately, she didnt die but i imagine a shocked the shit out of it.
While always trying to take away a positive it gave me an unfortunate chance to look at the roots witch looked really really fuzzy and white everywhere, but almost clear at the ends.
Hopes this helps decribe my situation..
Wishing all the biggest buds
IceManEcko :thanks:

Im unsure about the tiny little leaves growing above the node sites, i know they are probably just new branches\stems??
I think these appear when you grow from a seed, not sure though. If they get funky for some reason just remove them.

Oh alright, right on man heres the set up...

SOIL GROW

Strain - im shitty i know, bagseed. But definitely dominant Indie
I started with bag seed as well no problems with that.

# of Plants - just the 1, not really looking for great harvest or female, just prospecting although would def be a plus, I know im playing at odds here..

The fact that your not really looking for a great harvest or female defeats the purpose of growing. I understand your trying to learn but you should always shoot for female and a heavy harvest. You will learn along the way especially being active on here. I just finished my 1st grow about a month or two ago and I have learned a lot and still learning

Grow Type - Jiffy Seed starting, 100% organic mix.

Invest in some decent soil. Should run you about 10-20 bucks depending on size, brand, etc. Don't use Miracle Gro soil or any pre ferted soils. Trust me on this. Yes you can grow with them. I started having issues in flower toxicities and/or deficiencies. You cannot control the deficiencies properly without overdosing the plant. I ended up growing one VERY good plant out of three. They were sick and I was so far along I could not do anything about it.

Not sure about the soil your using. Never heard of it.

I am currently using Roots Organic and my plants love it. Lasted for a whole month without nutes.

Grow Stage - Vegetative for about 3 weeks or 4 with the seedling stage.

Hmm.. MIGHT kind of small for 3-4 weeks with that lighting. What is the wattage of your lights in total? If you have CFL's lower than 23w youll barely get anything. T5's can work really well from my understanding but again it depends on your total wattage.

Bucket Size - 1.5 gallon round pot

You should have really started them in cups IMO. Just so that it can root very well and drink easier. Remember cannabis like the soil to get pretty dry. With large pots it will take forever to get dry.

Lights - (2) t5s. Three Cfls @ 1250 lumens and all 6500k. I know this is not ideal for flower but i will upgrade. Good for 1 plant though? Keep t5s 3 inches away and the cfls closer to 2 inches.
I use natural sun for 12 hours then finish off with 6 hours of light set up, is this ok?

You can use soft white t5's as well for flowering. For flowering you just need to use 2700k CFL's. I use CFL's with great success again it depends on total wattage. Sounds like you might be using 13w CFL's? Natural sun is the best lighting you can every give your plant. I don't think that will hurt it. But eventually I would just keep them inside. To really prevent pests and stretching. I believe the sun MIGHT cause your plant to stretch but I dont see that happening with yours so far.

Nutrients - close to zilch. 1 drop of MG to a 16oz bottle of distilled water. Pour 8oz of nute water then 8oz of just pure distiled water. MG NPK is 12-4-8. This is done every 2 waterings with about a little less than a weeks time. Only done it once so far though. No negitive or positive Pi's (physical Indicators) so far though from plant. Prolly shoulda planted a control.. Guess time will tell if this is ideal.

If your soil has no nutrients already maybe you should bump up the nutes. your plants need a lot of nitrogen to grow like crazy in the veg stage. Possibly why your not seeing much yet.

Medium - 45-55% Cannadian Sphgnum peat moss, with same amount of vermiculite and trace amounts of lime for ph balence. although I might need some perlite. but the soil seems really light.

PH - 6.5 after water runoff, but after runoff with the nutrient regime is more like 6.2.

Sounds about right

RH - very low here in the south leaning toward 15-30% witch leads me to belive that misting more will need to be done in order to compensate..

Room Temperature -no higher than 85 (during day) Around 75 degrees when surrounded by the light set up use fan for air circulation and at most keep ambent temp around bulbs tolerable for plant. No lower than 65 at night. (Outside) read somwhere that virtualy nobody does the ideal night enviroment better than Mother Nature

Solution Tempeture- not down to a science but room temp shouldnt shock roots right?

Nope

Room Square Footage - 2 x 3 x 4 (hight)

Pests - the unfortunate fruitfly or two.. Have 2 worms in soil for airation and little nute boost droppings.

Doubt they are fruit flies. Look a bit closer it might be Fungus Gnats look them up. They will multiply like crazy if it gets bad. But they like humidity so might not be gnats.

Roots are not yet bound or tightly packed I transplanted a few days ago.. But ive had two mishaps, and i felt really anxious. At the time because i thought i killed HER ( show me the money lol)
I dropped it twice. The first time wasn't bad the pot fell over.
But this second time i was sure i had murdered her.
While transplanting the plant fell away from the large ball of soil i dug up, trying to avoid cutting into roots... I mean i watched as it fell from about chest high , hitting my hand (trying to catch it) then tumbling down my leg as i tried to slow the fall. Pause.
Watching it fall felt like hours , the few it was on the ground felt like the same. i watched...... as if she was really gonna show immediate signs of death lol. The roots were almost complely exposed some soil remained intact though. I repotted immediately, she didnt die but i imagine a shocked the shit out of it.
While always trying to take away a positive it gave me an unfortunate chance to look at the roots witch looked really really fuzzy and white everywhere, but almost clear at the ends.
Hopes this helps decribe my situation..
Wishing all the biggest buds
IceManEcko :thanks:

Remember man, cannabis is a weed. very resilient plants they can go through a lot and still grow. A good example is high stress training. I wouldnt have taken them out the cups or whatever you started with yet. You really want them to get root bound in there so that you can easily transplant. Check my journal out you will see how big I let them get before transplant. A friend on here told me to squeeze the cups about 2-3 inches up and see how tight it is. If its well rooted the soil should slightly pop out the cup. Happy growing. Feel free to ask questions. Make sure to check out the how to upload photos thread. You will get faster and better feedback if it shows up in your thread.

I think these appear when you grow from a seed, not sure though. If they get funky for some reason .

Ok good to know , didnt know what i was lookin at thanks for the info. Goodluck on that grow you got goin on man, mmm mmm! gimme all that blue stuff!

These grow whether its from seed or clone. Look at my clones on my Journal. They are just branching out. Later they will have buds at the ends if all goes well meaning if it comes out female

This was my first grow from bag seed. using CFL's My wattage was around 92w around 2-4 weeks in flower then bumped it up to 160w made a huge difference.

IMG_20140907_203342.jpg
IMG_20140905_193353.jpg

Hey! I really apperciate that great info! Your spot on about my lil lights, i plan to switch over to a 400w MH heard its better for overall veg stage. I realise lighting system is a little weak at the moment , of course the plants sluggish growth probley reflects almost directly. The annyonig little bugs, ill have to catch one of the dam little things, weirdest thing they seem to have striped abdomens ill have check them out closer though.
Taking your soil brand to heart, located a store near by that have this stuff in stock, again spot on about the lack of nutes in a SEED STARTING media, mean who woulda guessed that loada crap.
Yeah i started them in dixie cups but in my enthusiasm thought bigger pot, bigger plant, and did move them prematurely, great tip about that root bound tip definitely be a little more patient next go around.
Will be posting future pics in the short term, i imagine the poor plant will shoot up once i get it in the right feeding meduim plus light . I know where my next check is going
Really aperciate that info BrokeSmokes! Gonna have to drop by your page to see how them girl scout cookies are turning out!
Best of luck, Best of Buds
Iceman

This was my first grow from bag seed. using CFL's My wattage was around 92w around 2-4 weeks in flower then bumped it up to 160w made a huge difference.

IMG_20140907_203342.jpg
IMG_20140905_193353.jpg

Dayum!!! That beastie looks imaculant!! :circle-of-love: Need new light on the asap train. Looks like you could chew those leaves and feel medicated!

Dayum!!! That beastie looks imaculant!! Need new light on the asap train. Looks like you could chew those leaves and feel medicated.

Try going organic you won't even have to look at the pH many organic grower don't. Just makes life easier. MG makes synthetic nutes not saying it's bad but you always have to check the pH and all that. Roots Organic Potting Mix Original. If you go on e bay you can find some good deals on nutes. Grab yourself a starter pack of nutes. you can also make your own organic soil which I believe you won't even have to add nutes like sub cools super soil

I know about being impatient trust me lol. But just take it easy with weed patience is everything. You can get an HPS if I'm not mistaken it has both spectrums but don't take my word on it, I forget. Also I haven't used hps yet. What exactly are you growing in a tent, room or what?

If you still can I would update the name of this thread as well otherwise its probably more unlikely someone will click your thread

Cant seem to change the thread name, although you guys did and answered all the questions i had, so its a win! Lol
Might have create more of a hook next time though.

One last thing , how long do you think i should wait to retransplant dont wanna shock to death,
Although if i kill it ill have more of a goal this time.

What exactly are you growing in a tent, room or what?

Well untill i can actually afford a decent growtent although this seems to be for microgrows, i looked up the poormans version on youtube, its basically a supersize rectangle laundry basket , decked out with the car reflectors and hooks for the lights. Gonna invest in mylar or just buy a partysize variety bag of chetos and doritos and after im done eating them cut them in half and turn them inside out
And get the mylar that way.

Cant seem to change the thread name, although you guys did and answered all the questions i had, so its a win! Lol
Might have create more of a hook next time though.

One last thing , how long do you think i should wait to retransplant dont wanna shock to death,
Although if i kill it ill have more of a goal this time.

You will hear mixed opinions on transplant shock. But to minimize any shock it would be good if you can keep the soil in tact. But in this case I think you'll be fine just transplanting carefully. Might take a couple days to adjust. you can do lots of things in Veg without crazy negative effects.

BUT the other option is You might not even need to transplant or get new soil. I believe you have soiless mix going on which is zero nutes. You may need to just grab a line of nutes and then figure out how much you need to feed in soiless mix. Your medium is organic already, might as well get organic nutes. in soil less mixes you feed heavier I believe. But do some research on it lmk what u find out

on eBay you can find some big grow tents for 80 bucks you'll find smaller ones too. Instead of using chip bags go to the dollar store they have sun visors for cheap. Makes things easier as well. Must remember you'll need it completely dark with no leaks(sometimes extremely small leaks are inevitable).

You said you put your plants in the sun for 18 hrs man your plants should be pretty big which is probably the lack of nutes when I think of it. T5s have good lumen output for the small wattage.

Mayne you are the shiznit!
I feel like im discussing all this with a bio-encyclopedia
I really do apperciate ALL of your feed back!
Good lookin out for the ebay tents i have no idea why it hadent crossed my mind..
Yeah your right ima have to look into a line of nutes for the vigor im looking for.
Although i do realise i planted at like the suns weakest intensity of the year when its angle is the lowest in the sky ..

Back
Top Bottom